Author Topic: A Moment of Pure Poetic Justice.....  (Read 1088 times)

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
A Moment of Pure Poetic Justice.....
« on: September 29, 2012, 01:31:23 AM »
So, as many of you know, I am a pedestrian. I was walking home from the train station to my apartment tonight, a bit after midnight after a long days work. The town I live in is relatively small for the SF Bay Area, and I am waiting for the crosswalk light to turn green at one of the larger intersections. As the light turns green, I look up the street for oncoming cars, two are coming, but they have plenty of time to stop before their own right turn. I begin to cross the street, and notice the fucktard in the first car is not looking at me but towards his left to see if their is a clearance for him to turn(he has a red light for his right hand turn btw). I stop and back up about five feet so he won't hit me, and oblivious to me, he continues on. Finally he notices me and gives me a weak raise of the hand as an apology. I shake my head and call him a fucking idiot(more to myself, this happens a lot tbh). When he passes, I go ahead to cross the street since the second car was kind enough to stop like he's supposed to. I turn to give him a "thanks for not being an idiot" wave, and notice it's a cop. :police:

The cop is sadly shaking his head at the dipshit driver who almost hit me. He waits for me to pass as I smile hugely and pump my fist in celebration a la Tiger Woods. The cop then turns, speeds up, drives about half a block, and turns on the rollers. Busted. It was all I could do not to dance in the fucking street, laughing hysterically.

So, celebrate my moment of poetic justice, or share your own.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
15 minutes can save you 15%!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 01:39:37 AM »
I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
Re: A Moment of Pure Poetic Justice.....
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 01:41:12 AM »
:floydapproves:

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 01:56:17 AM »
But seriously, that is fantastic. I firmly believe that hiding behind a computer monitor to be an asshole on the internet and being a rude prick while driving because you can just drive away are definitely the two biggest and most common ways that people in this country try to cowardly get away with being dicks.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 01:58:36 AM »
Dude, the moment when I looked and saw the cop just shaking his head at the idiot, fucking priceless.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2012, 03:00:45 AM »
Ha!

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2012, 03:18:11 AM »
Did he ever see the red light?
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2012, 04:29:49 AM »
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline SomeoneLikeHim

• The flame is gone
  • The fire remains
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2012, 07:08:20 AM »
This is  awesome :tup
"We can walk our road together, if our goals are all the same
We can run alone and free, if we pursue a different aim"

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2012, 07:16:55 AM »
Cool story.

Obviously not poetic justice, but this reminds of yesterday afternoon, when a little girl on the middle school cross country team got hit by a car while running across the crosswalk. I think it may have been her fault, and the car was able to slam on its breaks in time to not hit her too hard, but she still got flipped over. I'm not sure how bad she was hurt...
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
  • Streams of Light Unite With Water
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2012, 07:21:11 AM »
Did he ever see the red light?

ROOOOAAAAAARRRRRR!
Perhaps you should ask bosk to reverse the "e" and "a" in the second half of your user name.
Cedar redaC swoops in for the kill!

Offline Sketchy

• DTF.org Member
  • More tea is required.
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2012, 08:42:42 AM »
A lesson: Check who is behind you.
This is as exciting as superluminal neutrinos. The sexy thing is that this actually exists :D

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2012, 08:46:19 AM »
A lesson: Check who is behind you.

Bingo.

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2012, 09:56:58 AM »
I really don't like that you can turn right on red lights.  It makes it too easy for people to hit pedestrians / bikes/ transit vehicles.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2012, 10:52:39 AM »
Awesome. I love moments like that.  :tup Poetic justice in a movie is cool enough, but seeing it before you...priceless.

I had a pretty great experience with poetic justice recently at my job. There was this one man-child ass-fucker who was the laziest piece of shit in all the land. All of the lands, actually, in all of the omniverses. One day after 'calling in sick', leaving me alone on Saturday to run the restaurant pretty much by myself since our general manager no longer gives a shit and stays in his 'office' (a fucking linen cloest) all day, he comes in looking hung over as hell and smells faintly of pot, he begins his usual spiel as to why he is late and why he couldn't come in the day before. Before he opens his mouth, I told him this, word for word, as I was having quite the bad day: "Don't open that disgusting mouth of yours, Brian. I don't care what your excuses are. In fact, I don't care about you. You can go die in a ditch and I not only wouldn't care one ounce, but my day would be infinitely better, full of smiles and hope. I don't want you talking to me, I don't want to hear your pathetic lies, and I don't need your help. I'll run this place like Jabba the Hut. Shut the fuck up and go do what you do best: Nothing".  As I see him laughing, I turn around and my boss is standing right behind me, and he's got this smirk on his face like "Oh you're fucked now" and I thought I was...

Then my boss says "Brian, I don't know how many times this is, but you are once again late and called in yesterday, once again for the umpteenth time; go into my office, I've got papers lined up on my desk. Sign them, then get out. Don't take our apron. We're short stocked." Normally this wouldn't take place in front of employees (we were beginning to open so no customers were around), but it was just my boss, Brian and I; and my boss and I (not the GM, by the bye, but his boss) are closer than most employees as I've known him for a long time from working at another restaurant. But it was such a great feeling to know that this lying, lazy piece of shit got what's coming to him, and to top it all off I let off some steam and wasn't reprimanded for it in the slightest. Here's hoping he's dead. But not before he's raped. Kstoryover.

GOD BLESS! :millahhhh

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2012, 11:04:23 AM »
Awesome! He really sounds like he had it coming, glad that he got what he deserved.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2012, 11:14:55 AM »
True poetic justice is killing two McFlys with the same gun.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Keeper of the Seven Sloths
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2012, 11:37:17 AM »
I saw a fish.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2012, 12:54:35 AM »
Awesome. I love moments like that.  :tup Poetic justice in a movie is cool enough, but seeing it before you...priceless.

I had a pretty great experience with poetic justice recently at my job. There was this one man-child ass-fucker who was the laziest piece of shit in all the land. All of the lands, actually, in all of the omniverses. One day after 'calling in sick', leaving me alone on Saturday to run the restaurant pretty much by myself since our general manager no longer gives a shit and stays in his 'office' (a fucking linen cloest) all day, he comes in looking hung over as hell and smells faintly of pot, he begins his usual spiel as to why he is late and why he couldn't come in the day before. Before he opens his mouth, I told him this, word for word, as I was having quite the bad day: "Don't open that disgusting mouth of yours, Brian. I don't care what your excuses are. In fact, I don't care about you. You can go die in a ditch and I not only wouldn't care one ounce, but my day would be infinitely better, full of smiles and hope. I don't want you talking to me, I don't want to hear your pathetic lies, and I don't need your help. I'll run this place like Jabba the Hut. Shut the fuck up and go do what you do best: Nothing".  As I see him laughing, I turn around and my boss is standing right behind me, and he's got this smirk on his face like "Oh you're fucked now" and I thought I was...

Then my boss says "Brian, I don't know how many times this is, but you are once again late and called in yesterday, once again for the umpteenth time; go into my office, I've got papers lined up on my desk. Sign them, then get out. Don't take our apron. We're short stocked." Normally this wouldn't take place in front of employees (we were beginning to open so no customers were around), but it was just my boss, Brian and I; and my boss and I (not the GM, by the bye, but his boss) are closer than most employees as I've known him for a long time from working at another restaurant. But it was such a great feeling to know that this lying, lazy piece of shit got what's coming to him, and to top it all off I let off some steam and wasn't reprimanded for it in the slightest. Here's hoping he's dead. But not before he's raped. Kstoryover.

GOD BLESS! :millahhhh

That my friend is a moment all hard working restaurant employees dream off, telling a worthless air thief to go fuck himself, then having the boss come in and echo the sentiments, with papers.

My eyes are a little misty, gimme a second please.......