Author Topic: NHL 2023-2024: Playoff Time. Hello Darkness.....  (Read 24036 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: NHL 2023-2024: Playoff Time. Hello Darkness.....
« Reply #875 on: April 20, 2024, 07:06:54 PM »
I don't exactly love it either!  :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #876 on: April 22, 2024, 06:35:07 AM »
The Avs aren't getting thru the Jets, so that'll be a neat trick.  Georgiev has not proven to be a consistent goalie.  It's gonna be a great series, but I think the Jets take it.
We shall see.

We indeed saw just what kind of goalie Georgiev is.  Man, that was bad.  The Jets defence wasn't much better, but I've got more confidence that the #1 defensive team in the league can improve on that.  Not sure how many more goals the Avs offence needs to get in order to out-score their defence/goal-tending woes - I mean, if 6 wasn't enough then wth??
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline billboy73

« Reply #877 on: April 22, 2024, 08:06:58 AM »
I'm sticking with my beginning of season pick of Hurricanes v Oilers in the Stanley Cup Final.

That Jets Avs game was wild!  I will definitely be glued to watching that series.  The atmosphere in Winnipeg was awesome too.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #878 on: April 22, 2024, 09:19:36 AM »
I thought the Rangers looked good yesterday. Really physical.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #879 on: April 22, 2024, 09:37:40 AM »
I thought the Rangers looked good yesterday. Really physical.

Well, it was Washington, who were down 2 (and likely 3 now) D-men.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline pg1067

« Reply #880 on: April 22, 2024, 10:44:52 AM »
Yesterday was kinda glorious.  Hockey from basically 10am to 10pm.  I didn't sit down and watch every minute of it, but I had it on all day and sat down several times.

TB v. FL is going to be a battle.

I'd like to see TOR make a series of it, but they seemed to no-show in game 1.

NYR v. WAS should be an easy one.

Didn't see any of the CAR/NYI game.

The WIN/COL game was a bit of a joke.  Defense anyone?

The VAN comeback was interesting.  They seemed pretty lifeless, then 2 goals in 12 seconds, and they took a stranglehold.  I hope it's a long and difficult series in the unlikely event my Kings pull off the upset against Edmonton.  The Kings need to have video of the February 10 game on a loop.

Vegas can go fuck themselves.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #881 on: April 22, 2024, 10:51:07 AM »
I think there was only one goal by the Avs (Nate's shot thru the 50 - hole) that is on Helle.  One deflection, one screen, one a perfect shot off the post, and one fluke that bounced of 3 or 4 different sticks/body-parts before falling in behind him.

As opposed to Georgiev ... he should've had like 3-4 of the Jets goals.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #882 on: April 22, 2024, 11:33:36 AM »
There was this one really weird goal where Adam Lowry of the Jets had a shot, the puck went off the post, went floating across the red line of the net, hit the other post, and it curved completely over the line and then out.  The refs initially called it no goal until play stopped and they reviewed it and it was good.

Jets' Adam Lowry Awarded Second Goal After Review Shows Puck Goes Post-Post And In
« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 11:40:17 AM by Anguyen92 »

Offline pg1067

« Reply #883 on: April 22, 2024, 01:12:56 PM »
There was this one really weird goal where Adam Lowry of the Jets had a shot, the puck went off the post, went floating across the red line of the net, hit the other post, and it curved completely over the line and then out.  The refs initially called it no goal until play stopped and they reviewed it and it was good.

Jets' Adam Lowry Awarded Second Goal After Review Shows Puck Goes Post-Post And In

Shades of game 6 of the 2004 SCF.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #884 on: April 22, 2024, 04:25:30 PM »
I hope it's a long and difficult series in the unlikely event my Kings pull off the upset against Edmonton.  The Kings need to have video of the February 10 game on a loop.

Looking back at that game.  There were two key guys that were the difference makers that night.  Byfield and PLD.  Those two guys have had uneven periods of not being productive and these are the two guys that, if the Kings are going to be in this series, they need to be X factor difference makers.  This series may live or die on how well these particular guys produce.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #885 on: April 22, 2024, 04:41:16 PM »

I don't think it "curved" ... I think it's mostly an optical illusion of how the puck was spinning and ended up bouncing JUST over the line when in reality after it went post-to-post, it was ostensibly riding along the line the whole way.

Basically, curling with a puck.  The ultimate Canadian goal.   :lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #886 on: April 22, 2024, 04:59:40 PM »
I did see where the AVs have engaged Calgary in a one game rental agreement for Kadri so he can suit up and take out Hellebuyck in a completely uncalled for effort towards the net that defies physics. They're trying to spark some of that cup run magic they had when they faced a team that the goalie had their number.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #887 on: April 22, 2024, 05:03:22 PM »
I did see where the AVs have engaged Calgary in a one game rental agreement for Kadri so he can suit up and take out Hellebuyck in a completely uncalled for effort towards the net that defies physics. They're trying to spark some of that cup run magic they had when they faced a team that the goalie had their number.

Why not Kypper? 

Jeez man, get over it already!!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #888 on: April 22, 2024, 07:38:05 PM »
Kyppers was way worse and more intentional….for sure. But Kadri is a way bigger POS than Kiprios.  And nah….Ill hold on to both and complain about them sporadically throughout the future.  :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #889 on: April 22, 2024, 07:51:22 PM »
Well, Chad.  The Leafs deserved this game tonight.  They outplayed the B's.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #890 on: April 22, 2024, 07:56:34 PM »
Mr. LTIR scores a deflection goal twenty something seconds into the game.  :facepalm:

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #891 on: April 22, 2024, 08:08:26 PM »
Mr. LTIR scores a deflection goal twenty something seconds into the game.  :facepalm:

The rehab served him well. Can't rush an injury.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #892 on: April 22, 2024, 08:20:51 PM »
The rehab served him well. Can't rush an injury.

Especially when it’d put your organization over the cap

I get the rules weren’t broken……but that loophole needs to be addressed. It’s a whole lot of BS

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #893 on: April 22, 2024, 08:54:56 PM »
A player recovering from a lacerated spleen probably shouldn't even be playing at all this soon.  Either the Golden Knights doctors are miracle workers and some tomfoolery is happening there.  I am all for this patch rule where if a player is on LTIR at Game 82 of the season, they should not play in the first round.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #894 on: April 22, 2024, 09:26:43 PM »
A player recovering from a lacerated spleen probably shouldn't even be playing at all this soon.  Either the Golden Knights doctors are miracle workers and some tomfoolery is happening there.  I am all for this patch rule where if a player is on LTIR at Game 82 of the season, they should not play in the first round.

Along those lines, if a player is on LTIR for the entirety of the period from the trade deadline, and the end of the season, they should be ineligible for Round 1.  I mean, if a player is legit on LTIR towards the end of the season, then the team hasn't had the opportunity to manipulate the cap at the deadline.  Like, if Marner's ankle sprain had him out until the end of the season, I don't think that situation should be penalized with Round 1 ineligibility.  But if a team can wilfully and intentionally put themselves over the cap at the deadline, and keep a player out for the rest of the season ... said player should be ineligible for Round 1.

And yeah, the Leafs were the better team ... but still only squeaked by.  Matthews played probably his best game of the season - most ice time by any Leaf; 1G 2A; 70% on faceoffs, and saved a game-tying goal towards the end of the game.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #895 on: April 22, 2024, 09:38:24 PM »
LA has no answers for the Oil (they just scored their 4th as I type this).

Edit ... apparently I typed too soon (it's 4-2 now).

Err.... 4-1.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 09:51:46 PM by jingle.boy »

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #896 on: April 22, 2024, 10:09:22 PM »
Well, the 2nd started as 2-0.  It's now 4-2.  I was ready to give up on the game, but the Kings scoring the last two goals has given me some hope and delusion.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #897 on: April 22, 2024, 10:22:18 PM »
That Isles/Canes game was bonkers.  What determination by the Canes.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #898 on: April 22, 2024, 11:06:31 PM »
This was a very fugly played game by the Kings and the Oilers just ran over them left and right.  McDavid with 5 assists and Hyman just needs to stand in his area to pick off the passes and get a hat trick.