Author Topic: Water & Bodies (Kaddisfly Sideproject)  (Read 4799 times)

Offline SoundscapeMN

Water & Bodies (Kaddisfly Sideproject)
« on: May 01, 2009, 11:06:09 AM »
For those who don't recall, this is the new project from 4 of the members of Kaddisfly.

The debut EP is being released 2-weeks from today, May 15th.

Here's the artwork

https://www.raincityrecords.net/waterandbodies/

go hear 2 songs.

Offline SoundscapeMN

Re: Water & Bodies (Kaddisfly Sideproject)
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 07:51:57 PM »
it's available @ Midnight (no idea on the timezone)

You can purchase your very own digital copy of our new EP!! Download it exclusively at www.raincityrecords.net

It will come in two formats. 320kbps mp3's or for a few bucks more you can download the WAV files which are the same audio quality as a CD. Download it and burn your own CD!!

Please help us out an any way to help spread the word about our album being out. Put a song on your page, post a tweet about it, send out a bulletin or an update to all your friends, or just come say hi. Anything really. Thanks so much for your support! We love you.

Water & Bodies

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 10:57:06 AM »
anyone else check this out the new ep?

well..I dig this a lot. Very much of a foreshadowing EP I suppose. A tease in many ways.

"Naked in the Rain" is fucking EPIC. That could be my early favorite. I'll probably listen to it a number of more times today..just hope I don't burn it out too quickly. I plan on buying the vinyl+cd when it's available.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 11:01:12 AM »
I'm excited to hear this, but am going to wait until I get home from work to download it.

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 03:27:36 PM »
I love pretty much the whole thing. "Animals" perhaps being the lone weak track, altho I could see it growing on me. The last 4 songs are killer. "Celebration Song" is uplifting and has a great melody. "Written and Read" I really like the opening bass riff.

It's interesting listening to these songs, knowing that they were recorded fully-live. No tracking. They almost do sound *live* in a way. But that works really well, especially with some of the stripped-down style of writing.

Man, I can't fucking wait to hear the full-length now!

also it might be worth passing this along.

from a guy I know whose close to band

just wanna remind folks that they'll also be doing a vinyl release of this. going to do a digital release for about a month to get some dough to press the vinyls. It is a very small label after all. But the band is hoping to do a 10" and a cd copy of the album will come inside the vinyl packaging as well. There probably won't be just a cd version released unless there is extreme demand. The vinyl will probably be around $15 - $20 and they're hoping to do some colored vinyl as well.

[a few weeks later]

the band has already started writing for the next album. They have 5 mostly completed songs, and two complete songs that they wrote before the EP, but decided they would save for the album because they'd make more sense contextually and they will have a larger budget. They really wanna get strings involved heavily on a few of the songs and just needed time to arrange those types of things. Also there's a couple things they've been jamming for a while which may re-appear. They are hoping to go in to do a round of pre-production this month. Just get the tracks demo'd out. Probably won't record til late Summer or Fall, depending on how much they tour on this EP and how much they are able to write. Winter or Spring release prob depending on if they are still going through Rain City or not.

also, this EP is not just something to be glossed over. It's not one or two new songs, with a bunch of remixes. It's a solid six song EP, that flows well and has good songs. Along the lines of (Mute Math -Reset, Minus The Bear -Beer Commercials, etc)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 08:26:17 AM by SoundscapeMN »

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 07:16:32 AM »
Alright, so I listened ot this a couple of times over the weekend and my opinion is pretty similar to your's Kyle. I like it a lot. Animals is a little weak, but I really enjoy Something I Can Grasp, Celebration Song, and Free World. Can't wait to hear more from them!

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 04:53:45 PM »
I'm addicted to this EP now. The songs I find are pretty much on the same level as the K-fly stuff. Man it's really great to hear new music from these guys again!

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2009, 11:06:12 AM »
ooh..September?

https://waterandbodies.tumblr.com/

3. We’ve been writing like crazy in all our spare time and things are sounding fab! We have a big surprise to tell you all about, but we might just drop it on you when it finished! hint hint. All I can say is September will be a busy month, busy in a good way ;)

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2009, 11:44:12 AM »
https://myspace.com/kaddisfly

2 new songs/demos uploaded "Man On a String" and "Lately".

Speculate all you want, I have no clue if they are demos they made before the hiatus, Water and Bodies songs/demos, or new Demos made recently i.e. they're back together.

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2010, 08:45:38 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Water-Bodies/39175175847?v=app_19935916616

New Song Added.

We just posted a brand new song off our upcoming new Self Titled EP2 on our ilike page. The track is called "Hard to Pin" Listen, share, enjoy.

documentary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT9Wmp9GA4k

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2010, 02:42:31 PM »

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2010, 08:55:31 PM »
yeah the new ep came out (digital download) a few weeks ago. I like it, although I'm not sure as much as the 1st EP.

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2010, 05:11:37 PM »
https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/waterandbodies

they're pre-funding the pressing of the vinyl+cds. I just sent them a pledge.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2010, 08:32:26 AM »
Like the first EP, I like this one, but it's obviously raw. I think there's talent there (obviously), but I'm anxious to hear a fully produced album from them.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 09:54:42 AM by lordxizor »

Offline faemir

• Official DTF 5.0 mix HATER
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2010, 09:53:39 AM »
I only just starting getting into Kaddisfly, i'll give these guys a shot too.

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2010, 07:35:47 PM »
they've raised over $1000 on their kickstarter program already (their goal is $4K)

also to note, Kelsey Kuther is not currently with them (he's not listed on their facebook) and Kile Brewer is filling in on bass now. Plus some stuff I just read basically suggested that Horses Galloping is going to happen. Kaddisfly ain't gone! And a Kaddisfly reunion concert probably will happen this summer.

oh, and Kaddisfly were recently added to progarchives if anyone was curious.

Offline faemir

• Official DTF 5.0 mix HATER
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2010, 12:11:27 PM »
Prog? I have their second album and it doesn't really feel proggy at all..

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2010, 08:21:04 AM »

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2010, 09:42:21 PM »
Check out this new cover of the Chris Isaak song "Wicked Game" they recently did. Hauntingly beautiful.

https://soundcloud.com/waterandbodies/wicked-game-chris-isaak-cover[/link]

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2010, 12:55:34 AM »
new album is coming as it appears they've reached their goal of $1,500 to pre-fund their album as it says $1,582 has been raised now.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/waterandbodies/water-and-bodies-recording-a-new-full-length-album

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2011, 05:05:57 PM »
bump.

their debut album "Light Year" is coming out February 22nd.

Interlacing the passion and raw hooks of 90's alternative rock with their already-streamlined sound, Water & Bodies' new record "Light Year" will undoubtedly scream to those who want to hear something real. Music lovers from all walks of life will be able to take something positive from this fresh collection of heart-felt, energetic songs.

Available Feb 22, 2011 at
itunes, amazon, cdbaby.com, & www.waterandbodies.com

30 second trailer

https://allmediareviews.blogspot.com/2011/01/water-bodies-light-year-2011-10.html

the Kaddisfly fans around here especially, are going to want to check this out.

Offline Elsydeon

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2011, 05:11:24 PM »
bump.

their debut album "Light Year" is coming out February 22nd.

Interlacing the passion and raw hooks of 90's alternative rock with their already-streamlined sound, Water & Bodies' new record "Light Year" will undoubtedly scream to those who want to hear something real. Music lovers from all walks of life will be able to take something positive from this fresh collection of heart-felt, energetic songs.

Available Feb 22, 2011 at
itunes, amazon, cdbaby.com, & www.waterandbodies.com

30 second trailer

https://allmediareviews.blogspot.com/2011/01/water-bodies-light-year-2011-10.html

the Kaddisfly fans around here especially, are going to want to check this out.
awesome, i'll look out for this

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2011, 01:10:23 PM »
Good news for the Water & Bodies guys. I don't like their new stuff as well as I liked Kaddisfly, but I'll still pick this one up. I'm interested to hear what a well produced album from them will sound like.

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2011, 01:38:27 PM »
You look at dredgfan's posts in these topics, it talks about the album.

https://incubusview.com/messboard/viewtopic.php?t=27646&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=180
https://incubusview.com/messboard/viewtopic.php?t=27646&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=200

it does sound like a lot of the music on Light Year will resemble or be influenced by 90's alternative rock; which may be all for the better. Pearl Jam, Queens of the Stone Age and especially Incubus I guess. I guess the comments are so positive and the eps were both good enough, I'm rather intrigued by this new record.

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2011, 04:09:39 PM »

Track Listing:
1. Celebration Song
2. Free World
3. Moments in a Life
4. Parallels
5. Echoes
6. The Return
7. Light Year
8. 1980
9. Lonely Night
10. Written & Read