2009/10 WORLD TOUR DISCUSSION THREAD

Started by cyberdrummer, April 27, 2009, 06:25:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hefdaddy42

Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

PlaysLikeMyung

Quote from: JoSeM90DT on March 20, 2010, 11:33:15 PM
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - 3/20/10

1. A Nightmare to Remember
2. The Mirror
3. Lie
4. A Rite of Passage
5. Sacrificed Sons
6. Solitary Shell
7. In the Name of God
8. Take the Time (with excerpts of "Xanadu" and "Anthem" by Rush)
------------------------
9. The Count of Tuscany

Best setlist so far :metal

moffatt

Quote from: PlaysLikeMyung on March 21, 2010, 06:22:49 AM
Quote from: JoSeM90DT on March 20, 2010, 11:33:15 PM
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - 3/20/10

2. The Mirror
3. Lie
4. A Rite of Passage
5. Sacrificed Sons
6. Solitary Shell
7. In the Name of God
8. Take the Time (with excerpts of "Xanadu" and "Anthem" by Rush)
------------------------
9. The Count of Tuscany

Best setlist so far :metal
+1  :metal

Thename

Set list Lima, Peru

1. A nightmare to remember
2. A rite of passage
3. Hollow Years (Petrucci solo intro)
4. Constant Motion
5. Keyboard Solo
6. Erotomania
7. Voices
8. The Spirit Carries On
9. As I am
10. Pull me under/metropolis
//----------------------//
11. Peruvian Skies
12. The Count of Tuscany

The Letter M

Quote from: Thename on March 23, 2010, 12:05:50 AM
Set list Lima, Peru

2. A rite of passage
4. Constant Motion
5. Keyboard Solo
6. Erotomania
7. Voices
8. The Spirit Carries On
9. As I am
11. Peruvian Skies
12. The Count of Tuscany

Win.

-Marc.

Mladen

The longest one in a while... And, by the way, PERUVIAN FUCKIN' SKIES!!!  :metal :metal :metal

Zydar

tri.ad

cyberdrummer

robwebster

Haha, I wish I lived in Peru. Or it was called English Skies. Either or.

I don't know why I'm complaining, I've already seen it live once. It's just a really, really cool song.

Nick

Just as cool as seeing Trial of Tears in NYC while it's raining outside. :D

cyberdrummer

PlaysLikeMyung

Shadow2222

I REALLY hope they pull out Peruvian Skies for the Maiden tour! I love that song so much.

GuineaPig

DarkLord_Lalinc

Quote from: Thename on March 23, 2010, 12:05:50 AM
Set list Lima, Peru

2. A rite of passage
4. Constant Motion
5. Keyboard Solo
6. Erotomania
7. Voices
8. The Spirit Carries On
9. As I am
11. Peruvian Skies
12. The Count of Tuscany

Amazing setlist

chrisbDTM

DarkLord_Lalinc

Quote from: GuineaPig on March 23, 2010, 06:56:14 AM
Quote from: cyberdrummer on March 23, 2010, 06:04:34 AM
Peruvian Skies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNW6ldO4wqI

James sounds good.

I was going to say the same thing. He sounds even better than some 97 performances of the song. (His good days of the tour, of course)

robwebster

Mladen

Quote from: PlaysLikeMyung on March 23, 2010, 06:19:17 AM
You knew they were going to play it
It didn't even cross my mind. Huge surprise in my opinion.  :)

Quote from: Shadow2222 on March 23, 2010, 06:47:37 AM
I REALLY hope they pull out Peruvian Skies for the Maiden tour! I love that song so much.
Indeed, along with Panic attack and Caught in a web. The set list for Maiden tour should consist from shorter, catchier songs like these three.

perfey

Quote from: Zydar on March 23, 2010, 02:11:19 AM
Hell yeah, Peruvian Skies :metal
Hell yeah, nice and perfect suprise for the peruvian fans!  :metal

JoSeM90DT

Caracas, Venezuela - 3/24/10

2. Beyond This Life
3. The Mirror
4. Lie
5. A Rite of Passage
6. Hollow Years
7. Prophets of War
8. Wither
9. In the Name of God
-------------------------
10. The Count of Tuscany

:hefdaddy

cyberdrummer

Nice setlist. 'Take the Time' instead of 'Wither' and it would be even better.

Now we wait until June...

Mladen

An interesting set and a strange order of songs in my opinion.  :) And now we play the waiting game...

perfey

The Letter M

Quote from: perfey on March 25, 2010, 05:47:02 AM
Next up for Mike is the Transatlantic tour, right?

Correct! The first show is on April 17th, in Downey, CA at the Downey Theater (where Mike has recorded with Amazing Journey and LTE). Great venue from the looks of those shows/concert DVDs, and I hope the folks out there are ready for what promises to be a great show! As for the rest of TA, Neal has a couple west-coast performances just before the TA tour, so I'm sure the band will be out there doing their warm-up rehearsals before the first show. Roine is finishing up some writing/recording for the next Agents Of Mercy album. And Pete? I'm not exactly sure what Pete is up to, but I'm sure he's getting ready too lol

And as for the rest of DT? I think JMX, JLB and JP are all off to do their respective solo/side-project albums. Jordan might end up doing something too... like what? I dunno. Maybe we can convince him to record an album using all his gadgets!  :lol

-Marc.

PlaysLikeMyung

Quote from: The Letter M on March 25, 2010, 07:52:43 AM

Correct! The first show is on April 17th, in Downey, CA at the Downey Theater (where Mike has recorded with Amazing Journey and LTE). Great venue from the looks of those shows/concert DVDs, and I hope the folks out there are ready for what promises to be a great show! As for the rest of TA, Neal has a couple west-coast performances just before the TA tour, so I'm sure the band will be out there doing their warm-up rehearsals before the first show. Roine is finishing up some writing/recording for the next Agents Of Mercy album. And Pete? I'm not exactly sure what Pete is up to, but I'm sure he's getting ready too lol

And as for the rest of DT? I think JMX, JLB and JP are all off to do their respective solo/side-project albums. Jordan might end up doing something too... like what? I dunno. Maybe we can convince him to record an album using all his gadgets!  :lol

-Marc.

I really hope there's a third Jelly Jam

Rafael Guerra

Show in Caracas rocked a lot! Beyond This Life was such a mindblowing surprise. And i have to admit, Prophets of War live is much more interesting than the studio version, its pretty cool!

Global Laziness

Quote from: Mladen on March 25, 2010, 02:08:56 AM
An interesting set and a strange order of songs in my opinion.  :) And now we play the waiting game...

Aww, the waiting game sucks. Let's play Hungry Hungry Hippos!

DaPatrooch

Quote from: PlaysLikeMyung on March 25, 2010, 07:56:17 AM
Quote from: The Letter M on March 25, 2010, 07:52:43 AM

-Marc.

I really hope there's a third Jelly Jam

Actually there will be!  Ty Tabor said in an interview from NAMM that they're going to this year!

hefdaddy42

Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

chknptpie

Question.. seeing DT for first time with Maiden in June. What kind of setlist should I expect for them as the opener?

Ben_Jamin

A good one. If you don't want to be disappointed, go without a care what they play. Never had a bad concert since.

chknptpie

Quote from: Ben_Jamin on April 17, 2010, 10:49:03 AM
A good one. If you don't want to be disappointed, go without a care what they play. Never had a bad concert since.
I expect to be completely happy after the show, but I'm sure I'll be so pumped to hear more.