2009/10 WORLD TOUR DISCUSSION THREAD

Started by cyberdrummer, April 27, 2009, 06:25:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

ResultsMayVary

Newport Music Hall - Columbus, OH 7/02/2010

A Nightmare To Remember
Constant Motion
Hollow Years (extended)
The Mirror
Lie
A Rite of Passage
Home (without intro)
Panic Attack
As I Am
Pull Me Under/Metropolis, Pt.1
------------------------
The Count of Tuscany

DarkLord_Lalinc

It's funny that set is kinda better than a lot of the common DT setlists from their earlier headlining tour  :D

BRGM

Okay the same again then, but yeah :O It looks kinda awesome! :D, I liked the transition from AROP to home :)

Darkes7


ResultsMayVary

Quote from: Darkes7 on July 04, 2010, 08:43:27 AM
Home without the intro?! :(
Yes. The fade out from AROP when into a cymbal mute with JP playing the WOMP WOMP part and then the whole band came in a few seconds later.

Good video of what i mean: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGqxUC-QMyY

EDIT: ANTR MP Vocal Section: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLaaJMwJB2A

QuoteC is for Cookie, that's good enough for me!

Lol.

BRGM

And the first time it's not the WAH WAH! or...Womp womp it's just the riff without that effect.

TAC

Are there any WHITE Dream Theater t-shirts being sold at any of the shows.?
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

BRGM

Quote from: TAC on July 04, 2010, 04:18:07 PM
Are there any WHITE Dream Theater t-shirts being sold at any of the shows.?
'

Nope, that was back in the Octavarium days, now it's just darkness! Black clouds! 25th anniversary...u get the idea

setrataeso


James007


hefdaddy42

Quote from: TAC on July 04, 2010, 04:18:07 PM
Are there any WHITE Dream Theater t-shirts being sold at any of the shows.?
Why do you have to get racial, man?
Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

hefdaddy42

Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

GuineaPig

DT got a very good reception in T.O.  I'd actually mark it as similar to what Rush got headlining at the Molson Amp in '08.

And Maiden were fucking awesome.  :metal


A note about the P.A.: I felt that the reason DT sounded better than Maiden was the noise level.  DT was quieter, and sounded much more clean and crisp.  It seemed to me that on quieter parts of songs Maiden sounded equally good, like the intro to Blood Brothers or Ghost of the Navigator; it was only when the noise level got higher that the sound started to get very tinny and distorted.  Another thing: it seemed to me that the guitarists got less clear to the right.  Dave sounded perfect, Adrian was somewhat muffled, and Janick was very static-y.  Oh well.  It was a great concert anyhow.

King Postwhore

Quote from: TAC on July 04, 2010, 04:18:07 PM
Are there any WHITE Dream Theater t-shirts being sold at any of the shows.?

I personally like the darker shirts to hide the fat rolls. :laugh:(like it matters)

And Hef :rollin
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

73109


James007

Quote from: 73109 on July 05, 2010, 08:59:55 PM
Question, do the Maiden shirts have DT on them?
None of the IM shirts I saw had any DT markings on them.

hefdaddy42

Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

TAC

The Buffalo setlist was posted by a fan at MP.com

A Nightmare To Remember
Constant Motion
A Rite Of Passage
Home
Hollow Years
The Mirror
Lie
Wither
Panic Attack
As I Am
Pull Me Under/Metropolis
The Count of Tuscany

Apparently they added Wither! Hopefully they will play it in Worcester!
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Dream Team

Quote from: TAC on July 06, 2010, 04:43:15 AM
The Buffalo setlist was posted by a fan at MP.com

A Nightmare To Remember
Constant Motion
A Rite Of Passage
Home
Hollow Years
The Mirror
Lie
Wither
Panic Attack
As I Am
Pull Me Under/Metropolis
The Count of Tuscany

Apparently they added Wither! Hopefully they will play it in Worcester!

Hopefully. The balls-to-the-metal setlist won't be the most appealing to my wife & daughter.

Global Laziness

We were hoping for a long show in Ottawa, but alas, we got the short set:

As I Am
A Rite of Passage
Home
Panic Attack
Constant Motion
Pull Me Under

Spectacular show, though, although it was retardedly hot. The Ottawa Bluesfest was an outdoor event, and at its hottest, it was 34 C (93 F) with a humidex of 44 C (111 F). Keep in mind that this is Canada.

But despite all that, we still managed (to quote MP on Twitter) the "biggest/best crowd of the tour so far..."

YtseBitsySpider

I find that shocking that we were the biggest...but..people up in general must have been cooking....it was stupid hot where I was "sitting".

Nice show.
The bass was up too high for the first couple of songs.
I could barely hear Jordan.
James WAS ON!!...for me a DT show only works when his voice is strong and it was almost flawless.
Mike should stop throwing his sticks.

setrataeso

Yeah it was pretty fantastic. And we were right up front, so it was pretty brutal. It was a good 10 degrees hotter in the middle of the crowd.
DT didn't suffer from some of the sound problems that IM did though. The first three songs, the guitar was non-existant in the mix. And there were a few mic problems throughout the set.

chknptpie

Quote from: YtseBitsySpider on July 07, 2010, 04:07:46 AM

Mike should stop throwing his sticks.

Ha! I loved watching him ... sometimes catch them lol

YtseBitsySpider

sometimes...is an understatement.


hey setrataeso...were you in on that water bottle fight? It looked histerical from a distance..like it was snowing plastic water bottle.....we'd all cringe when we'd spy the occasional FULL one in flight.

Zook

In regards to Mike throwing his sticks: Josh turned to me and said, "he hasn't caught one yet" :lol

Nic35

Quote from: Global Laziness on July 06, 2010, 10:41:24 PM
But despite all that, we still managed (to quote MP on Twitter) the "biggest/best crowd of the tour so far..."
It'll change at the Quebec City show ;D

setrataeso

Quote from: YtseBitsySpider on July 07, 2010, 11:05:01 AM
sometimes...is an understatement.


hey setrataeso...were you in on that water bottle fight? It looked histerical from a distance..like it was snowing plastic water bottle.....we'd all cringe when we'd spy the occasional FULL one in flight.

Nah. I was up close for DT, but Space Invader and I moved farther back for Maiden, cuz we were getting pretty uncomfortable in the crowd, and my back was killing me.
I could see the water bottle fight from a distance. My buddy Ouda got hit in the head with a full one.

Global Laziness

Quote from: setrataeso on July 07, 2010, 05:24:37 PM
Quote from: YtseBitsySpider on July 07, 2010, 11:05:01 AM
sometimes...is an understatement.


hey setrataeso...were you in on that water bottle fight? It looked histerical from a distance..like it was snowing plastic water bottle.....we'd all cringe when we'd spy the occasional FULL one in flight.

Nah. I was up close for DT, but Space Invader and I moved farther back for Maiden, cuz we were getting pretty uncomfortable in the crowd, and my back was killing me.
I could see the water bottle fight from a distance. My buddy Ouda got hit in the head with a full one.

No he didn't. He would have, but I caught it at the last second and got a round of applause from the people around me haha. Some other guy right beside got pegged HARD though.

In regards to the sticks, it was hilarious. JP came up to MP during JR's solo in Home was egging him on to throw them as high as he could. MP didn't have much luck catching them, though. Later on, MP motioned to one of his techs offstage, threw the stick to him, and got him to throw it back so that he could catch it and keep playing. He didn't make that one either, though.

I'd also like to point out that I've been to two Dream Theater shows, and Mike Portnoy referred to both of them as the best of the tour (last year in Montreal he told the crowd, this year in Ottawa he said it on Twitter). And for those wondering, the Ottawa Citizen newspaper was estimating 30,000 people at the concert.

setrataeso

In reference to the "best show of the tour" comment: I noticed that as well. It's probably because we were there. We add a lot to the crowd energy, what with the sexiness and the knowing-the-lyrics-and-pretty-much-every-other-part-of-the-song-by-heart and whatnot.

Yeah, we rock.

You're welcome Dream Theater.

73109

Quote from: hefdaddy42 on July 06, 2010, 03:55:48 AM
Quote from: 73109 on July 05, 2010, 08:59:55 PM
Question, do the Maiden shirts have DT on them?
??? Why would they?

Because there are some bands that, if that section of the tour as a specific opener, they have that section with the openers. Also, bootlegs have the openers usually. Might have to look for one of them. Then I can have one with IM, DT, and the date.

setrataeso

Quote from: 73109 on July 07, 2010, 09:03:31 PM
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on July 06, 2010, 03:55:48 AM
Quote from: 73109 on July 05, 2010, 08:59:55 PM
Question, do the Maiden shirts have DT on them?
??? Why would they?

Because there are some bands that, if that section of the tour as a specific opener, they have that section with the openers. Also, bootlegs have the openers usually. Might have to look for one of them. Then I can have one with IM, DT, and the date.

Uh, nope.

Global Laziness

Quote from: setrataeso on July 07, 2010, 08:53:32 PM
In reference to the "best show of the tour" comment: I noticed that as well. It's probably because we were there. We add a lot to the crowd energy, what with the sexiness and the knowing-the-lyrics-and-pretty-much-every-other-part-of-the-song-by-heart and whatnot.

Yeah, we rock.

You're welcome Dream Theater.

Yes.

hefdaddy42

Quote from: 73109 on July 07, 2010, 09:03:31 PM
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on July 06, 2010, 03:55:48 AM
Quote from: 73109 on July 05, 2010, 08:59:55 PM
Question, do the Maiden shirts have DT on them?
??? Why would they?

Because there are some bands that, if that section of the tour as a specific opener, they have that section with the openers.
I have never, ever seen such a thing.  Merchandise is their main source of income, I find it hard to believe that they would split that with an opening band.
Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

YtseBitsySpider

I went to three different booths and they only had one style of DT shirt(which I bought) but then later on there was a guy in front of me with a different one from this tour. It had all the dates on the back and something in blue I couldn't make out on the front....I was envious...I woulda bought that one too.