News:

DreamTheaterForums is a place for people who just don't have the time for music anymore. 

Main Menu

2009/10 WORLD TOUR DISCUSSION THREAD

Started by cyberdrummer, April 27, 2009, 06:25:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben_Jamin

setrataeso

Headlining show tonight. Gonna be interested in what they bring out.

Ben_Jamin

ResultsMayVary

We can likely expect very similar setlists at all the headlining shows. After tonight's show, Columbus has the next headlining one and i'm going to it. I can't wait to see what MP pulls out tonight.

Mladen

Awesome set list. Panic attack, Home and stuff, along with some PN09 songs.  :metal

cyberdrummer

TAC

Awesome! A little shaky...

The Armored Saint Videos rule!
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: DTwwbwMP on October 10, 2024, 11:26:46 AMDISAPPOINTED.. I hoped for something more along the lines of ADTOE.

Flacracker

Whoa... Since when does DT play all of the same songs on a tour?

lateralus88

I'd assume it's just because they aren't headlining.

ariich

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
Quote from: TAC on December 21, 2023, 06:05:15 AMI be am boner inducing.

Elsydeon

You think they will change it up for the one off shows?

ResultsMayVary

Not really. They did not last night when they played their IM setlist plus several other songs in order to fill two hours worth of playing. The only thing that might change is the extra songs added on the headline dates that MP might change around.
For instance, last time DT played Columbus, they played Constant Motion and Panic Attack. I can see MP switching those two out for possibly The Dance of Eternity/One Last Time and maybe another song.

Elsydeon

Quote from: ResultsMayVary on June 22, 2010, 02:15:03 PM
Not really. They did not last night when they played their IM setlist plus several other songs in order to fill two hours worth of playing. The only thing that might change is the extra songs added on the headline dates that MP might change around.
For instance, last time DT played Columbus, they played Constant Motion and Panic Attack. I can see MP switching those two out for possibly The Dance of Eternity/One Last Time and maybe another song.
Yeah I know they played basically the same set as the IM shows with a few more songs. What I meant was whether their set for the headlining shows will be the same. You're probably right about switching out one or two songs though. Next month can't come fast enough.

El Barto

Quote from: GuineaPig on June 20, 2010, 03:46:22 AM
Jesus christ Brighter Than A Thousand Suns is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB_CnF2_vqc&feature=related
Kind of sloppy, but Bruce was really on.  Definitely one of the highlights, IMO. 

Chagny

The concert last night in Auburn was fucking awesome. Except we missed As I Am, AROP, and the first couple minutes of Home because of a snafu with what the venue allows inside. We could still hear from outside though.

We were in the pit, not too far from the stage, just in front of JM. Everybody in the crowd got pretty pissed when they stopped at Pull Me Under though.  :sadpanda: A longer DT setlist would've been preferable, or DT coming out and playing a song with Maiden. Still a great show though.

Ben_Jamin

lateralus88

Quote from: Chagny on June 23, 2010, 06:57:26 AM
The concert last night in Auburn was fucking awesome. Except we missed As I Am, AROP, and the first couple minutes of Home because of a snafu with what the venue allows inside. We could still hear from outside though.

We were in the pit, not too far from the stage, just in front of JM. Everybody in the crowd got pretty pissed when they stopped at Pull Me Under though.  :sadpanda: A longer DT setlist would've been preferable, or DT coming out and playing a song with Maiden. Still a great show though.
I concur, it was one fucking hell of a show. Even with DT's short setlist, I thought they put on a great show for what they had to work with. I was relatively close, about 8 rows from the pit. Maiden's setlist was a complete surprise to me since I avoided any and all spoilers, and my god what a setlist. The lights and the stage production were top notch as expected.

:tup :tup

glaurung

Just got home (nugget)! That concert kicked so much ass!

skydivingninja

Quote from: El Barto on June 22, 2010, 09:02:01 PM
Quote from: GuineaPig on June 20, 2010, 03:46:22 AM
Jesus christ Brighter Than A Thousand Suns is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB_CnF2_vqc&feature=related
Kind of sloppy, but Bruce was really on.  Definitely one of the highlights, IMO. 

Now if only Maiden kept "Wrathchild" in the set, but replaced "No More Lies" with BTATS it would be great.

lateralus88

I think No More Lies was the only disappointment I had for Maiden. It really is one of their most boring songs. The chorus is so fucking repetitive.

Vlasto

...quite cool setlist during DT headlining show.

I don't know why, but I totaly miss 6 o'clock song played live....I prefer it much more than Lie or Mirror...

lateralus88

Don't let me be the one to say it. Someone else, please.

Ben_Jamin

El Barto

TAC

Quote from: El Barto on June 24, 2010, 11:31:21 AM
I'd rather hear NML than FotD anyday. 

I don't know, Bart. I am a fan of NML, and I think it's terribly underrated, but to me, there are 2 songs that Maiden must play at every show..that would be FOTD and HBTN.
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: DTwwbwMP on October 10, 2024, 11:26:46 AMDISAPPOINTED.. I hoped for something more along the lines of ADTOE.

Ben_Jamin

FOTD was easily their worst song played it didn't catch my interest at all. Wish they Would've played The Longest Day

philosopher.sam

Quote from: Chagny on June 23, 2010, 06:57:26 AM

i'm afraid I cannot agree.  The metal fans near me were trashing Dream Theater and ruined the entire mood for me.  I also missed the beginning of DT show for different reasons...my fault for not realizing how bad traffic would be.  I'm not really a Maiden follower, but I did enjoy a few of their licks....except that their sound was totally messed up and hurt my ears.  DT played loud, but it wasn't painful.  Even an older Maiden fan who has been to most of the west coast shows on this tour said Maiden's sound has been messed up.  He said, "It's totally jacked up...it shouldn't hurt like this!"  Basically, this is the last time I'm going to see DT open for a metal act....unless it's Metallica.

El Barto

Maiden hasn't sounded very good since they started using 3 guitarists.  (Although, you could also say they haven't sounded good since they added Gers.)

Zook

I wouldn't go that far, but Gers needs to give Adrian his solos back, especially Hallowed Be Thy Name.

El Barto

I didn't know Gerrs actually played any solos.  I thought he just threw his guitar around.

Now that plenty of people have been to the show, can anybody confirm that I heard something from Keeper of the Seven keys Pt. 1 before Maiden's set? 

TAC

I can't confirm but I'd like to say that Keeper Pts 1 & 2 are two of the greatest albums I've heard!

BRGM

Mladen

Quote from: TAC on July 01, 2010, 09:38:56 AM
I can't confirm but I'd like to say that Keeper Pts 1 & 2 are two of the greatest albums I've heard!
Fuck yeah.  :tup :tup :tup

BRGM