Author Topic: The stupid roommate thread  (Read 1891 times)

Offline Ħ

The stupid roommate thread
« on: September 05, 2012, 08:46:38 PM »
I just moved in to a house with three other guys. There's only two bathrooms. The one upstairs near the bedrooms has a shower, the one downstairs just has a toilet and sink. One of my roommates is deadset on having all four of us share the upstairs bathroom while the downstairs bathroom is reserved for "guests". WTF.

I'm putting my stuff downstairs regardless. There's no way I'm sharing a tiny bathroom with three other dudes.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
Re: The stupid roommate thread
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 09:30:52 PM »
Your roommate is a fucking moron. The guests can pay a cover charge every time one of them comes over and all that money can be split between the three roommates who didn't have this "genius" idea if he's audacious enough to think it's more important to be a "good host" like someone's grandma than it is to avoid the ludicrous environment of having four people crammed into one bathroom.

Seriously, fuck that dude. Is this his first time living away from home or something?
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 09:31:31 PM »
Shit in his cereal.

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 09:40:35 PM »
Well that's silly.
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 09:42:27 PM »
My three roommates and I share an upstairs bathroom like that, no problem. We also do have a downstairs bathroom/shower and it works out fine. It has worked for over a year already.
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline MetalMike06

• DT.net Member
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 09:43:58 PM »
My roommate never remembers to turn off the lights and air conditioning before he leaves for the day. I get home in the afternoon and it's always still on. It's frustrating mainly 'cause I've already told him several times that the electric bills have been really high the past couple months so we have to remember to turn everything off when nobody's home. Sometimes he even opens the windows with the a/c on and leaves it that way. Fortunately, he's cut back on that lately.

And he leaves plastic water bottles all over the place rather than put them in the trash.

Aside from that, he's an alright roommate.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 10:10:42 PM »
My three roommates and I share an upstairs bathroom like that, no problem. We also do have a downstairs bathroom/shower and it works out fine. It has worked for over a year already.

Well that's cool that it worked out well for y'all but each situation is different and his roommate is definitely overstepping his authority if he is indeed deadset on something that even one other person in the house has an issue with. They all pay rent so he's way out of bounds for assuming his say-so has any more clought than any of the other roommates.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 10:30:12 PM »
*clout

I totally agree with _floyd, H mang.  What may work perfectly for RMV may fail miserably for you guys.  Good on you for claiming the smaller loo, too.

ETA - I always had to deal with stupid family members, not stupid roomies.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2012, 08:38:33 AM »
Roommate threads always remind me how lucky I was to have awesome (yet sometimes crazy messy rommates) most of my roommates are still good friends.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2012, 09:29:44 AM »
I love my roommates, but there are a few things that one of them does that drives me up the wall.

-Throws full bottles of water into the trash because he said he didn't want to finish it even though the fridge is right there.
-Freely gives away bottles from the case of Dr. Pepper in the room that I bought
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Ħ

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2012, 10:53:12 AM »
I should mention my roommate from two years ago. He owned probably hundreds of articles of clothing, and kept them all in about a dozen large boxes in the living room. I don't think he did his laundry once. When he ran out of clothes to wear, he'd just open up a new box. Not to mention, he kept all his used clothes in a steaming pile on the floor in our shared bedroom.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2012, 10:57:23 AM »
My roommate never has the food on the table when I get home from work.

Wife's suck. :lol

PS: Don't tell her I said this!!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline wolfandwolfandwolf

• Gym Rat
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Really Scrappy Player
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2012, 10:57:46 AM »
Before I got married, I really loved passive-note-leaving roommate.  That guy needs to grow a couple of balls and learn to address conflict.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2012, 10:58:42 AM »
I really loved passive-note-leaving roommate.  That guy needs to grow a couple of balls and learn to address conflict.
:lol Totally.

Offline wolfandwolfandwolf

• Gym Rat
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Really Scrappy Player
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2012, 11:02:44 AM »
Seriously though, I lived with four guys around this time last year and we had a particularly messy roommate.  This other dude would just leave notes.  Taped up every where.  I came home once and no less than 8 notes were taped up in our apartment.  So I just knocked on his door and told him to go talk to the guy about it and that he was being a big baby.

He didn't like that.

Also, I go to a Baptist college.  Most guys that attend are very feminine and lack basic conflict resolution skills.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2012, 11:05:07 AM »
I was just relieved when my roommates were fine with the fact that I like to maintain a somewhat orderly environment
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2012, 11:15:49 AM »
More roommates, more problems

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2012, 11:57:16 AM »

Oh, King... you're SUCH a gem. ::) :P

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2012, 01:18:50 PM »
my roommate doesn't fetch me new beers when the one i am drinking empties without me having to ask.

what a bitch

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2012, 02:55:32 PM »
I must be really lucky then, because my three roommates and I get along great. We've never had any problems and we're in year number two of living in the same house.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2012, 06:15:26 PM »
^One of 'em PMed me to let me know he's a closet Michigan fan. I'll let you figure out who it is.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2012, 06:29:44 PM »
This thread brings back a lot of memories... having a "roommate" has generally been pretty awful for me. In my second year of college I shared a small house with two others and it was just a nightmare, one kid was a complete slob and the other was constantly inviting random idiots over and throwing parties on weekdays without consent from me or my other roommate. I also had to speak to the police once because someone called them complaining about the noise coming from our house because of my idiot roommate... of course it was me who did absolutely nothing that had to get grilled by the cop for that moron because he was hiding and "too f*cked up to talk to them". It was also nice to get dirty looks from the neighbors all the time because of him  :facepalm: So glad to be roommate free now  :tup

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2012, 07:31:37 PM »

Oh, King... you're SUCH a gem. ::) :P

Showed her this.  She just laughed and told me to get my own food. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2012, 07:39:55 PM »
Right on, Queen! :metal :lol

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2012, 07:56:08 PM »
^One of 'em PMed me to let me know he's a closet Michigan fan. I'll let you figure out who it is.
If you're talking about my roommates, we all go to Ohio State. And being a closet Michigan fan here (or a fan, in general) is a crime punishable by death.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2012, 08:40:25 PM »
A wolverine in sheep's clothing?

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2012, 08:49:45 PM »
That's baaaaad.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2012, 09:45:27 PM »
 :lol

Offline Ħ

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2012, 11:25:25 PM »
So regarding the bathroom thing, I got completely outvoted by the other guys to have all 4 of us share the one bathroom while keeping the other as the guest bathroom. I'm contemplating one of two things. 1) Just keep my stuff downstairs and don't say anything. 2) Comply so they can see what a god-awful idea it is. What do you think?

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2012, 11:26:44 PM »
Be all passive-agressive about it. :tup

• DT.net Member
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2012, 11:27:12 PM »
3) Burn the house down as they sleep and start a new life in Mazatlan?

Be all passive-agressive about it. :tup

Passive aggressiveness in all dude environments just leads to you getting ridiculed by others. It's considered "being a woman" about things. Not the way I'd choose to word it but just the way that most folks I've seen in those situations generally wording it.

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2012, 11:28:02 PM »
3) Burn the house down as they sleep and start a new life in Mazatlan?

Or that.  That's actually better than my answer. :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2012, 11:28:51 PM »
Well, if the downstairs bathroom has only a toilet and sink, it's not like you can shower there, so keeping all of your stuff upstairs really shouldn't be a big deal, since it's not like you can't sneak your toothbrush down there for when you want to brush your teeth down there. 

This is assuming of course that the other guys aren't so dumb as to think that none of you will ever use the downstairs toilet to care of your "business."

• DT.net Member
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2012, 11:30:56 PM »
4) Defecate in the upstairs sink and then just say "The downstairs sink was occupied!"

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2012, 11:32:55 PM »
4) Defecate in the upstairs sink and then just say "The downstairs sink was occupied!"

Shoulda left it at 3.