Author Topic: Resume help!  (Read 575 times)

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
Resume help!
« on: September 05, 2012, 10:22:28 AM »
So as some of you know, I was fired yesterday by the HR department of Fry's Food & Drug/Kroger because I'm a fuckwad dipshit. In other words, I had excessive tardiness. I worked nearly 4 years as an overnight stocker, but was never really able to adjust to the schedule. I woke up late last week due to my 4 alarms not waking me up. Yes 4 alarms. So knowing I'd be reprimanded, for some strange and stupid idiotic reason I went to work anyway instead of calling in thus leading to my termination. I have many regrets in my life, and this is up there with the worst of them. It's never a good time to lose a job, but I really needed my job now more than ever. I'm likely to miss my best friend's wedding in Florida now. GO ME!

Now on to the topic at hand:

As I said, I worked as a grocery night stocker for 4 years occasionally helping customers find things when they asked. So I'm at the "accomplishments" section of the resume I need to fill out (using an online resume builder, this shit better be free) and I really don't have any accomplishments I'm aware of. I just mainly stocked shelves. Do any of you fine cats have any ideas of what I could put?

The builder offers examples, but none of them apply to me. I guess this one is the closest:

Customer Service
Consistently received positive feedback from guests and created repeat business by developing long-term relationships with customers.
Handled guest complaints, maintaining a positive dining experience for all rest.

Help me DTF Kenobi, you're my only hope.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
Re: Resume help!
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 10:48:32 AM »
There was a "tips" tab I just noticed. The accomplishments section is optional and it said if I can't think of any noteworthy accomplishments to just let my experience speak for itself.

So,

:lokked:

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
Re: Resume help!
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 01:29:54 PM »
Your avatar and lock dance icon are doing almost the same thing.

Good Luck!
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen