Author Topic: Where Should I stand Politically?  (Read 3001 times)

Offline tofee35

• That aint nothin'
    • repenso architecture + design
Re: Where Should I stand Politically?
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2012, 06:24:36 AM »
In light of our previous conversation, I'm curious as to your preference for Romney over Obama... :lol

Haha, yea he's not exactly going out of his way to save the planet. I've always been fiscally conservative, and I don't really think he'd actually pass any anti-EPA legislation. He doesn't actively emphasize environment enough (as far as I know) to be active about it if he were elected. I tend to think and hope that his passiveness wouldn't affect the environmental progress taking place in the country. But, I'm really on the line between BO and MR, so my GOP bias is super slight.

You may be right, but it's not a theory I feel very much like testing. And actually as it turns out, Obama's done quite a bit for the environment behind the scenes, it just doesn't make news by nature of the legislation. Plus bringing GM back on top, which I count because they've gone ahead with the whole environmental thing, little by little.

True, and I wouldn't be surprised if the gov't. put a caveat in their GM dealings pushing for greener automobiles. There may be evidence for or against this, but I'm not sure.

Part of what Obama may have done could actually be hurting progress in this field for reasons that I mentioned earlier. However, I don't think it's a coincidence that huge renewable energy projects kicked into gear around 2008. But, you can bet BO knows close to nothing about physically implementing these  construction processes. As I mention in the Climate Change thread, the gov't's involvement in the construction phases is actually inhibiting progress.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
    • The Nerdy Millennial
Re: Where Should I stand Politically?
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2012, 06:30:35 AM »
Actually GM put that initiative into practice all on its own, although naturally it was easier to assume that risk by not going under.

I'm not concerned with implementation as their being written into law and receiving funding. These projects will implement when left well enough alone anyway, as we've said; they just need a kickstart.
Check out my blog!
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.