Author Topic: What is something you enjoy doing that others think is weird or ridiculous?  (Read 6744 times)

Offline Sketchy

• DTF.org Member
  • More tea is required.
Actually: I have to agree on the organizing music library. I have been told I'm wierd for not using a media player with a library.
This is as exciting as superluminal neutrinos. The sexy thing is that this actually exists :D

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Playing bass (especially above the seventh fret... SHOCK)

N***a yoo gawn to hail :xbones

I'm constantly researching numerical stats, especially for NFL and NBA stuff. It's a big enough obsession that even my savviest of sports-obsessed friends stopped questioning me on anything stat-based long ago. I really would like to get into sports journalism.

Damn, that would make a great career for you, you have enough of a unique style and a great sense of humor. You'd just need to spit out that tiger penis though. ;)

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
I can never ever have anything on my feet whilst taking my morning glory. Or any other time for that matter. If I'm dropping a deuce, those socks/shoes are coming off. I have no idea how this manifested or why, but I feel constricted and almost claustriphobic if I try to pinch a loaf off and there's something on my feet; even sandles will make me feel all weird and I won't be able to complete the doody proccess. This is very weird. But not as weird as me having to clamp oysters on my balls if I want to be able to climax. Jay kay. It's clams. Okay srsly I don't do that last thing, I'm not really into pain. UNLESS I'M GIVING IT.  :loser: :azn:

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline carl320

• The Knight of Cups
  • EZBoard Elder

Bassists are weird, and ridiculous  :biggrin:
In high school my buddies and I built a Van Der Graaf generator.  You know, to get girls.

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
Having not drank any alcohol yet. And I'm still a big fan of arrow smashing games e.g. DDR and ITG.

Offline Sketchy

• DTF.org Member
  • More tea is required.

Bassists are weird, and ridiculous  :biggrin:

Wait until I fretless the crap out of you.
This is as exciting as superluminal neutrinos. The sexy thing is that this actually exists :D

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
I almost never watch TV with the sound on.  If I'm watching a TV show or movie with my wife and/or family, then yeah, it's home theater time, crank up the surround sound, subwoofer, the works.  But if it's just me, I turn the TV down and crank up the tunes.  TV is a visual medium.  I'm only watching it to check out babes, watch sports, or maybe nature shows, but none of those require hearing the soundtrack.

Especially with sports, I hate hearing the announcers babble on incessantly about shit I don't care about ("You know Dave, that's the fourth time in the last 17 home games that he's picked his nose while facing a left-handed pitcher with at least two runners on base, at least one of whom used to play on a minor league team with a W in the name...").  I can watch the game just fine and crank out the jams.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
Beverage buffet when getting stoned:

1. Glass of water
2. Beer
3. Flavorful beverage such as juice, sports drink, energy drink, chocolate milk, or vas deferens nectar.

:lol I thought I was the only one who does this, I get some weird looks when I'm at a restaurant.

I actually really like organizing my digital music library, tagging everything the way I want it.

I also like cleaning dishes, it's therapeutic to me, I don't use the dishwasher because I much prefer to clean them by hand.

Funny, I never have used dishwashers at any of the places I lived by myself either. It just seems a hell of a lot easier to wash <10 individual pieces at once than to let shit pile up and then laboriously scrub caked on shit or gamble on the dishwasher getting every bit.

Now I just need to discover I have Lithuanian roots and learn how to play the stock market so I can stop being such a dismal financial failure.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
I am a white, married, heterosexual 36 year old male, and I like to go out to clubs and drink and dance.

I enjoy eating the entire peanut (that includes the shell).

I do this as well. o/

I can't watch TV while listening to music, maybe the comflicting media messes with my brain. But I do turn the volume way down during sports, so I don't have to inundated by commentary and play-by-play that I get little value out of.

"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

• DT.net Member

I do this as well. o/

I do turn the volume way down during sports, so I don't have to inundated by commentary and play-by-play that I get little value out of.

I don't do the peanut thing but I have an equally crunchy weird eating habit. Anyone who's eaten boiled crawfish knows that there's a bit of seasoned "juice" (the flavor-rich combo of water, spices, and crawfish flavor) that can be sucked out of the shell once you separate the tail from it. When I was a little kid, I noticed my pep pep crunching the shell down with his teeth before sucking the juice out of it. I tried it out and realized it helps you get to way more of this delicious crawfish flavor and it's next to impossible to end up getting any of the shell in your mouth as long as you're paying attention. I've been eating them like that ever since.

I also agree wholeheartedly with you about sports commentary sucking. It really shows how moronic the average sports fan in this country is when you realize how much the commentary is filled with gross exaggerations, needlessly emphatic tone of voice when talking about stuff that isn't exciting or pertaining to the action on the field (like saying "AND THIS GUY WAS BETHUNE COOKMAN'S FOURTH-HIGHEST RATED PASSER SINCE 1990!!!", and pathetically inaccurate predictions/generalizations.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline theseoafs

• When the lights go down in the city, and the sun shines on the bayyyyy
  • Hello! My name is Elder Price
Sometimes it seems like I'm the only person in America who doesn't think it's "weird" to sacrifice a sheep to the atheist god Athe.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
I talk to myself occasionally (though nobody really knows this).
I frequently eat dinner at ridiculous times (10:00 pm or later).
First thing I do when I come out of the shower is put a cd on to listen to while getting dressed.
I listen to music off Cds most of the times, seldom from my computer.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
I have this obsession with locally history and geography
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline WindMaster

• DTF's Ultimate Frisbee Player
  • DTF.org Alumni
I only listen to electro-post dubprog.  You've probably never heard of it.

• DT.net Member
I have this obsession with locally history and geography

And sigging awesome people.

Offline Jarlaxle

I enjoy reading and writing.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
I post at DTF all the time.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
I'm posting this from my iPad whilst taking a shit. Is that weird?

Offline Cable

Smell paper, books.
Smell new CDs and DVDs.
---

• DT.net Member

Yes. Because we won the American Revolution.

Offline carl320

• The Knight of Cups
  • EZBoard Elder
After reading Orberts post about TV, I thought of something.  When I watch TV shows (not the news, but series, stuff like that), I turn on the closed captioning.  I leave the sound on, but I like knowing for sure what's being said.

That and if the TV's on as background noise, I keep it on the weather channel.  People have commented about this, saying I'm weird for doing it.
In high school my buddies and I built a Van Der Graaf generator.  You know, to get girls.

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
Watching anime?  :lol

On my lunch break at work, provided it's a nice day, I go for a walk and listen to music. On my breaks, I listen to music and play solitaire on my iPod. All of my friends at work are smokers and I don't really feel like going out to the smoking area and being around all that just to talk to them  :lol

...my name is Araragi.

Offline HarlequinForest

I bring my guitar with me every time I take a dump, so it's not weird to me.

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
ITT: We realize 90% of DTF does drugs  :P

:lol

Taking a shower stoned

This... is heavenly  :hat

Was introduced to it by a good friend, funnily enough after... :lol

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
ITT: We realize 90% of DTF does drugs  :P

:lol

Taking a shower stoned

This... is heavenly  :hat

Was introduced to it by a good friend, funnily enough after... :lol

I used to take showers stoned every morning. The bathroom I used had no windows, so I'd turn the lights off and be in the pitch black. That was fun.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
After reading Orberts post about TV, I thought of something.  When I watch TV shows (not the news, but series, stuff like that), I turn on the closed captioning.  I leave the sound on, but I like knowing for sure what's being said.

Sometimes if it seems like what they're saying is important, I'll turn on the closed captioning.  But the sound stays off.  Most of the time, you can tell what's going on by just watching, and if they're just talking, I usually don't care.  I don't get a lot of time to listen to tunes at home, since there's usually at least one other person home and nobody else likes prog.  The TV is really just there for some kind of visual element while I'm listening.  It's never the primary medium, unless I'm watching a concert vid.

Offline Cable

I bring my guitar with me every time I take a dump, so it's not weird to me.

Me too, or bass I should say...hard to hear it sometimes though. Really, there is always *something* in the bathroom with me; phone, laptop etc. Used to do the magazine/book thing (still do), then bring CD liner notes, then CD plus player, laptop, and instruments eventually joined.
---

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
You guys should record a jam session in the bathroom sometime.  I think that would be weird or ridiculous.

• DT.net Member
PORCELAINCOOOOOORRRRRE!!!!!!!! :metal :metal :metal

Offline Sketchy

• DTF.org Member
  • More tea is required.
^ I bet the recording ends up rather crap.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
With piss poor production.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Sketchy

• DTF.org Member
  • More tea is required.
May as well just hurl the instruments out the window.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: What is something you enjoy doing that others think is weird or ridiculous?

Being straightedge.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
Smell paper, books.
Smell new CDs and DVDs.

I love smelling the CD and booklet :)