Poll

What are the 3 best songs on Clockwork Angels?

Caravan
71 (12.2%)
BU2B
46 (7.9%)
Clockwork Angels
85 (14.6%)
The Anarchist
44 (7.6%)
Carnies
19 (3.3%)
Halo Effect
11 (1.9%)
Seven Cities of Gold
21 (3.6%)
The Wreckers
46 (7.9%)
Headlong Flight
87 (14.9%)
BU2B2
4 (0.7%)
Wish Them Well
16 (2.7%)
The Garden
132 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 199

Author Topic: Rush v. Dirk, Pratt, & Lerxst  (Read 497704 times)

Offline pg1067

Re: Rush v. Dirk, Pratt, & Lerxst
« Reply #6790 on: October 02, 2023, 01:49:39 PM »
The Orpheum in LA is where I saw DT on the DT12 tour.

As far as presales, it looks like there are more than one and that some venues have a Citi card presale, so if you have one of those, you're golden.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #6791 on: October 02, 2023, 07:34:13 PM »
Gonna try for Chicago. Auditorium is huge for this.

I already pre-ordered the book but the email I got says every ticket comes with the book so I might be canceling my order. Just hoping for not crazy prices. As usual, TM doesn't show any.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #6792 on: October 03, 2023, 09:06:13 AM »
Nope, not attending the Chicago show. Just hopped into the fan club presale and tix are ranging from $117 to $157. I will keep my Amazon pre-order. Even factoring in the cost of the book with the price, I just can't justify it, as much as I want to.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #6793 on: October 03, 2023, 09:53:31 AM »
Hmm. That's pretty pricey for a non-concert. I was thinking $75, $100 tops. We'll see.

Keep in mind, the book is a 36 dollar value. So subtract that from the price.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #6794 on: October 03, 2023, 09:58:20 AM »
Fuck it.  I'm doing it. 2 minutes until I can purchase the tickets.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline pg1067

« Reply #6795 on: October 03, 2023, 11:28:35 AM »
My screen has been sitting on "loading" for nearly a half hour.  Yay, Ticketmaster....

EDIT...and now they're sold out.  I'll try the Citi card presale at noon.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6796 on: October 03, 2023, 12:43:55 PM »
I got screwed. Nothing at the Masonic except a couple of random nosebleeds. Guess I have to try Friday. I don't have a Citi password or card. If it's just a password and someone can help a brother out...
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Offline pg1067

« Reply #6797 on: October 03, 2023, 01:24:07 PM »
I got screwed. Nothing at the Masonic except a couple of random nosebleeds. Guess I have to try Friday. I don't have a Citi password or card. If it's just a password and someone can help a brother out...

If the fanclub presale is still active, the PW is MYEFFINLIFE.  For the Citi presale, you need a card (I had to input the first 6 digits to unlock the presale).

A decent seat was $190 with fees, and that's more than I want to spend for what this is (even when you factor in the book being included).  I'm sure something super cool will happen that will make me regret this, but I'm out.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #6798 on: October 03, 2023, 01:44:40 PM »
I'm sure something super cool will happen that will make me regret this, but I'm out.

Same thought crossed my mind, but I just can't justify the cost for him reading excerpts from the book and taking Q&A. My order of the book from Amazon is locked in at $31.50 so I'll just support him that way.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #6799 on: October 03, 2023, 01:54:56 PM »
Got my ticket for Massey Hall. Can't wait!!!

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6800 on: October 03, 2023, 03:22:36 PM »
More tix for SF for the fan club opened up (as usually happens later in the day). Nabbed floor level, sixth row, on the aisle. Pricey (439 total for two, with all the charges, but the book makes up 72 bucks of that. So in reality, $367 for the ticket. So 183.50 for each, if you minus the book value. Pricey, but very cool event. Didn't want to miss it.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #6801 on: October 04, 2023, 07:56:54 PM »
Nope, not attending the Chicago show. Just hopped into the fan club presale and tix are ranging from $117 to $157. I will keep my Amazon pre-order. Even factoring in the cost of the book with the price, I just can't justify it, as much as I want to.

Still weighing the cost/benefit. All I really care about is the Q&A and that won't likely be more than 35 minutes. Going to get the audio book too if he's reading it.  Could have had the first row in Philly behind the pit yesterday but $150 +fees (Likely $200) and I seriously thought about it but I could see 8 to 10 shows in smaller venues for that without supporting ticketmaster/live nation and feel much better about it.

I'm just so done with them.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #6802 on: October 04, 2023, 07:58:35 PM »
Fuck it.  I'm doing it. 2 minutes until I can purchase the tickets.

Good luck!

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #6803 on: October 05, 2023, 05:59:41 AM »

If the fanclub presale is still active, the PW is MYEFFINLIFE.  For the Citi presale, you need a card (I had to input the first 6 digits to unlock the presale).

A decent seat was $190 with fees, and that's more than I want to spend for what this is (even when you factor in the book being included).  I'm sure something super cool will happen that will make me regret this, but I'm out.

Who knows, right?  But I saw Bruce Dickinson's speaking tour, and it was... interesting but not essential.  I would be surprised if anything happened that caused anyone to say "Dammit!  I should have BEEN there!"

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #6804 on: October 05, 2023, 10:40:36 AM »

Who knows, right?  But I saw Bruce Dickinson's speaking tour, and it was... interesting but not essential.  I would be surprised if anything happened that caused anyone to say "Dammit!  I should have BEEN there!"

Interesting but not essential sounds right about that Bruce thing. I'm glad I paid for it though, or I'd always be wondering about what I missed...

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #6805 on: October 05, 2023, 12:33:29 PM »
F***.  I saw an email promoting this thing and I'm like, "Yes!  I want in on this one."  Then I saw the Orpheum Theatre is charging $130.00 for a balcony seat and given my poor experience in my prior visit to that theater.  I'm not that interested in paying that price.  I love Geddy Lee and I am curious to hear more about his life in his words, but not at that price.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #6806 on: October 05, 2023, 12:35:28 PM »
For these fucking prices, Neal Peart better be seated next to him. What a rip. If you got the dough and it's that important to see this, that's great. I got the dough, but this is a joke. It's got nerdy Star Trek convention written all over it. At some point Geddy's gonna turn to the crowd and say...."It's just a band.".
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #6807 on: October 05, 2023, 12:40:27 PM »
At that price, it's like paying for a Rush show if Neil was still here and if they really intended that that show to be their very last show ever and stick with it.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6808 on: October 05, 2023, 03:50:35 PM »

It may not be essential, but it'll be a fun evening. And that's why my wife and I are going. I'm a huge RUSH fan, she's likes and appreciates them, but isn't like me. She pushed me to buy the tickets. Like I said above, pricey, but we're each getting a book out of it, so there's value. Plus, I just think it'll be downright fun. I am sure Ged will be hysterical, the RUSH ambience will be high, and it'll be a great time. Essential? Of course not. It's not a RUSH show, or even a Geddy Lee show. But I'm really looking forward to it.

What I'm not looking forward to is Geddy doing solo shows and what THAT will cost. Because if this spoken word thing is any indication, prices will be astronomical.

Online TheHoveringSojourn808

• fun committee president, sloth gang initiate, and annie clark lover
  • JLB + MP friendship stan
« Reply #6809 on: October 05, 2023, 03:58:37 PM »
finally getting around to picking back up my rush discography deep dive. did 2112 today and these are my thoughts

the concept of this album is pretty epic. it's a whole story told through music, with the obvious one being the title track, "2112," - a 20-minute journey that takes you through a dystopian future where creativity and individuality are suppressed. it's got some amazing guitar work from alex lifeson and geddy lee's vocals are on point as always. the other tracks on the album, like "a passage to bangkok" and "the twilight zone," are also solid. they showcase rush's versatility as a band. one thing i really appreciate about rush is their lyrics. they're always thought-provoking and meaningful, and 2112 is no exception. the themes of individualism and the power of creativity really resonate with me.

the production on this album is solid, too. it has that classic '70s rock sound that i love, and everything is mixed well. if i had to nitpick, i'd say that some of the tracks on the second side of the album don't quite match up to the epicness of the title track. but overall, 2112 is a masterpiece in the world of progressive rock.
harusame ni nuretsutsu yane no temari kana
RIP the Great Ape, 2024.02.01
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline pg1067

« Reply #6810 on: October 05, 2023, 05:24:45 PM »
Someone posted something on Reddit a couple weeks ago about "2112 and the 10 Best Classic Rock Concept Albums."  I pointed out that 2112 isn't a concept album, and there was one guy who just couldn't wrap his arms around that.

I love 2112, but it was rendered somewhat less impressive when I read Anthem by Ayn Rand and discovered that, more than being "inspired by" the Rand novella, 2112 was basically the exact same story (obviously with less detail), except with a guitar instead of a light bulb and a very different ending.  Few things in my concert-going history will match getting the entirety of 2112 on the Test for Echo tour.  I'm a little bummed I never got to see them play anything from side 2 other than Bangkok, but that's the only one of those songs they ever played during my concert-going lifetime.

Online TheHoveringSojourn808

• fun committee president, sloth gang initiate, and annie clark lover
  • JLB + MP friendship stan
« Reply #6811 on: October 05, 2023, 05:34:27 PM »
yep, should have clarified that only side 1 is the concept. but yes, you are right! and i got to see Rush play it too! but not in full, just saw the first 2 pieces of it (as they usually did it)
harusame ni nuretsutsu yane no temari kana
RIP the Great Ape, 2024.02.01
Welcome to the Forums!

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #6812 on: October 06, 2023, 07:15:11 AM »

It may not be essential, but it'll be a fun evening. And that's why my wife and I are going. I'm a huge RUSH fan, she's likes and appreciates them, but isn't like me. She pushed me to buy the tickets. Like I said above, pricey, but we're each getting a book out of it, so there's value. Plus, I just think it'll be downright fun. I am sure Ged will be hysterical, the RUSH ambience will be high, and it'll be a great time. Essential? Of course not. It's not a RUSH show, or even a Geddy Lee show. But I'm really looking forward to it.

What I'm not looking forward to is Geddy doing solo shows and what THAT will cost. Because if this spoken word thing is any indication, prices will be astronomical.

I think they may be apples and oranges.  You can do more shows to spread the cost than you can these events, and for the reasons stated here over the past page or two your fanbase is different.  I'm not going to the book reading; not that it's not fun or whatever, just not my thing.   I'm going to a solo show.  My friend Jim, who does not like Rush, is nowhere near a book reading, but I could drag him to a show.   

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #6813 on: October 07, 2023, 02:29:45 PM »
For these fucking prices, Neal Peart better be seated next to him. What a rip. If you got the dough and it's that important to see this, that's great. I got the dough, but this is a joke. It's got nerdy Star Trek convention written all over it. At some point Geddy's gonna turn to the crowd and say...."It's just a band.".

The nerdy Star Trek convention vibe is what I'm counting on. The Q&A Session (even at 30 minutes) is the major reason for me. I decided to spring for a "cheap" seat figuring that those would be gone if I waited too long. $115 was more than I wanted to pay but I caved to play the ticketmaster game one last time. (Been avoiding Ticketmaster/ Live Nation controlled venues for years now. (Exceptions were Dream Theater and King Crimson.)) Interesting strategy announcing a tour that is a month off. Just like the old days. Hasn't the norm been like six months to a year?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #6814 on: October 07, 2023, 02:38:29 PM »

The nerdy Star Trek convention vibe is what I'm counting on.

:lol

It's a total geek out thing, and it's cool. He's a legendary performer and a very important figure for some.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #6815 on: October 07, 2023, 04:07:18 PM »

The nerdy Star Trek convention vibe is what I'm counting on.

It's a total geek out thing, and it's cool. He's a legendary performer and a very important figure for some.

I love Star Trek. Went to a Star Trek convention once just to experience it. Don't ever need to go to one again. I'm very curious to see which way this one's going to go. Having him read from his book isn't all that interesting to me unless he's going to use his acting chops.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #6816 on: October 07, 2023, 04:12:24 PM »
I used to go to the New England Kiss Collectors Convention in the late 80's in Providence. There were guys selling stuff, a few bootleg booths, cover bands...which were a riot, and we met Eric Carr in 1990.

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #6817 on: October 08, 2023, 02:55:39 AM »
I used to go to the New England Kiss Collectors Convention in the late 80's in Providence. There were guys selling stuff, a few bootleg booths, cover bands...which were a riot, and we met Eric Carr in 1990.
Who is Eric Carr.....?

So this is what it feels like to be Tim everyday...
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #6818 on: October 08, 2023, 06:07:35 AM »
Who is Eric Carr.....?

Eric Carr was the drummer who replaced Peter Criss in Kiss. He passed away at the age of 41 on the same day Freddie Mercury died in 1991. We met him at the convention a 18 months earlier and he was totally cool.

The convention was at the Providence Holiday Inn right next door to the Civic Center. At some point during the convention, my friends and I went to the bar and sat at a table. Eric and his handlers sat right next to us, and we talked with him informally for a while. He was totally cool. We got a picture with him but at the time, I was the heaviest I've ever been...pushing 200, so I gave my friend our pic, and never got another one made for me. Those negatives are long gone..

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6819 on: October 08, 2023, 06:10:02 AM »
Who is Eric Carr.....?

So this is what it feels like to be Tim everyday...

As Tim said. The Fox!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #6820 on: October 08, 2023, 06:11:39 AM »

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6821 on: October 08, 2023, 07:09:52 AM »
Haha.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #6822 on: October 14, 2023, 11:36:22 AM »

Record conventions were great. Not really band specific, just music and most were sponsored by radio stations and sometimes they have bands come in a play. It was pretty cool to have than going on in the background while you were shopping.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #6823 on: October 25, 2023, 06:52:20 PM »
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline Kram

« Reply #6824 on: October 25, 2023, 06:57:33 PM »
New Geddy Lee tv series….

https://youtu.be/ds6LCsgXKEE?si=R2-YTphuZ750d1ih
I guess I'll have to subscribe to Paramount Plus now.  Thanks for the heads up!