Poll

What are the 3 best songs on Clockwork Angels?

Caravan
71 (12.2%)
BU2B
46 (7.9%)
Clockwork Angels
85 (14.6%)
The Anarchist
44 (7.6%)
Carnies
19 (3.3%)
Halo Effect
11 (1.9%)
Seven Cities of Gold
21 (3.6%)
The Wreckers
46 (7.9%)
Headlong Flight
87 (14.9%)
BU2B2
4 (0.7%)
Wish Them Well
16 (2.7%)
The Garden
132 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 199

Author Topic: Rush v. Dirk, Pratt, & Lerxst  (Read 497741 times)

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
Re: Rush v. Dirk, Pratt, & Lerxst
« Reply #6300 on: January 28, 2023, 04:00:07 PM »
Fresh from the oven:

NDV plays Neil Peart grooves from Hemispheres, Grace and Signals

Great stuff as always from Nick!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=IwAR1A2dEaiWDdbz89VaEPwdliV6q2iBXAE-Jco_Bex0NpsXtXgYIYkklMqJo&v=SfQLvDfb14A&feature=youtu.be

Five songs from three Rush albums. Hemispheres Signals and Grace Under Pressure. Points for not choosing Moving Pictures.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #6301 on: January 28, 2023, 04:03:32 PM »
On a different note, I cracked open Rush's Golden Ale this weekend. Sat back with some friends and listened to a couple records. The beer is okay. It's a golden ale. You're paying for the Rush label. Anyone in the U.S. thinking of getting it, if you're a beer person, it isn't really anything spectacular. Decent, but dozens of beers taste just like it.

Kinda figured that but I'm not a beer drinker anyway.  I AM interested in the mustard, however but haven't done anything about that yet.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #6302 on: January 29, 2023, 04:07:23 PM »
On a different note, I cracked open Rush's Golden Ale this weekend. Sat back with some friends and listened to a couple records. The beer is okay. It's a golden ale. You're paying for the Rush label. Anyone in the U.S. thinking of getting it, if you're a beer person, it isn't really anything spectacular. Decent, but dozens of beers taste just like it.

Kinda figured that but I'm not a beer drinker anyway.  I AM interested in the mustard, however but haven't done anything about that yet.

I actually quite liked the beer.  Had it with some steak.

Mustard, on the other hand, is Satan's smegma, so....
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #6303 on: January 29, 2023, 05:39:55 PM »
I thought Power Windows was Satan's smegma.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #6304 on: January 29, 2023, 05:45:12 PM »
1 wrong + 1 wrong = so wrong. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline pg1067

« Reply #6305 on: January 30, 2023, 09:41:18 AM »
I thought Power Windows was Satan's smegma.

Nah...Power Windows (usually) doesn't make me barf.  Mustard does.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline pg1067

« Reply #6306 on: January 30, 2023, 02:42:21 PM »
I'd never seen this before.  The statute on the right is of St. Bruno and is located in St. Peter's Basilica in Vatican City.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #6307 on: January 30, 2023, 03:03:49 PM »
I'd never seen this before.  The statute on the right is of St. Bruno and is located in St. Peter's Basilica in Vatican City.

Even in the 70s Hugh Syme was just copy-pasting other works!! What a hack!!!

All kidding aside, that's pretty neat! Don't think I've ever noticed that before either. Thanks for sharing!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline pg1067

« Reply #6308 on: January 30, 2023, 03:20:50 PM »
Even down to the skull by his right hand!

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #6309 on: January 30, 2023, 04:47:10 PM »
Yeah, there's no way that's a coincidence.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #6310 on: January 31, 2023, 11:16:04 AM »

Even in the 70s Hugh Syme was just copy-pasting other works!! What a hack!!!

-Marc.
   :rollin
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #6311 on: February 11, 2023, 07:05:21 AM »
Oh my.  Poor Joe.  Just a few weeks too late.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHilBwG26nE
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline DTA

« Reply #6312 on: February 11, 2023, 07:57:35 AM »

I really hope these two make new beer commercials every month for the rest of time.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6313 on: February 11, 2023, 07:59:53 AM »
Oh man I hope it makes it's way to NC.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #6314 on: February 11, 2023, 07:55:59 PM »

RIP Mendelson Joe.

But yeah, I love the disappearing and reappearing upside down beer genius badges.  Seems like Alex and Geddy have become the Canadian version of Bartles and Jaymes.

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #6315 on: February 11, 2023, 09:03:02 PM »

RIP Mendelson Joe.

But yeah, I love the disappearing and reappearing upside down beer genius badges.  Seems like Alex and Geddy have become the Canadian version of Bartles and Jaymes.

that clip makes me think of Strange Brew and the episode of Cheers where Norm goes to work at a Brewery.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #6316 on: February 13, 2023, 09:35:37 AM »

RIP Mendelson Joe.

:lol :lol

Online HOF

« Reply #6317 on: February 13, 2023, 09:58:32 AM »

I really hope these two make new beer commercials every month for the rest of time.

Seems like a nice way to retire. Makes me sad thinking about Neil’s passing so soon after the band ended, but I’m glad Geddy and Alex are enjoying themselves.

Offline Lethean

« Reply #6318 on: February 13, 2023, 11:57:11 AM »

Just saw this and I agree.  Plus, you can't beat the music in the commercial. :)

Online King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #6319 on: February 13, 2023, 06:04:33 PM »

Seems like a nice way to retire. Makes me sad thinking about Neil’s passing so soon after the band ended, but I’m glad Geddy and Alex are enjoying themselves.
I still can't believe it's already been 3 years since he passed. Still makes me sad. :(
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #6320 on: February 27, 2023, 06:34:46 PM »
Supposedly the beer is now about a 90 minute drive to Pennsylvania since it's now available in the US. Even that's not enough to get me to try it. I need to find a place that sells their mustard. That's what I want.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #6321 on: March 03, 2023, 07:43:11 AM »
Well, from out of nowhere, it looks like there’s going to be a 40th anniversary box set of Signals after all.

The bells and whistles and the Dolby Atmos mix sound cool, but no live show kind of ruins it for me.  :sad:

https://youtu.be/uVmU-Qs68GA
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline pg1067

« Reply #6322 on: March 03, 2023, 09:39:15 AM »
Wow...that's disappointing.  The trinkets are kind of cool, but it's otherwise completely worthless for anyone who isn't a completist or hasn't fallen prey to the vinyl resurgence.  I might consider buying the picture disc for $36 just as a piece of art.

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #6323 on: March 03, 2023, 09:44:48 AM »
Yeah, I saw that and immediately thought "that's a hard pass for me!" No freaking way would I consider buying any of those. Really lame that they didn't include any sort of live disc. You'd think they would have known what really sells these packages. Hopefully they'll get the message. Already saw a lot of negative reactions to Rush's official Facebook post, so it's clear there's a lot of disappointment.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline Mosh

• For I have dined on honeydew!
« Reply #6324 on: March 03, 2023, 09:48:12 AM »
Is there a known show from this tour that would make sense to be included? Not versed in the Rush bootleg scene.

It seems like a pretty lame package, seems like they want to milk the back catalog but the vault is not large.
New Animal Soup scifi space opera for fans of Porcupine Tree, Mastodon, Iron Maiden: Chariots of the Gods

https://animalsoup.bandcamp.com/album/chariots-of-the-gods

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #6325 on: March 03, 2023, 10:22:31 AM »
Is there a known show from this tour that would make sense to be included? Not versed in the Rush bootleg scene.

It seems like a pretty lame package, seems like they want to milk the back catalog but the vault is not large.
At the very least, you can be sure that they have some soundboard recordings of shows, even if there aren't any multi-track recordings. And given the way technology is today (just look at what they did with the Beatles documentary), they still could tweak the soundboard recording to improve it.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #6326 on: March 03, 2023, 04:57:04 PM »
Just saw the reveal video, and yeah, that IS pretty disappointing after the MP and AFTK box sets. At least the PEW band HEMI sets had SOME live stuff, if not full shows. Once I saw the artbook only had 2 discs, I knew it wasn't for me. Such a shame. I had high hopes they'd surprise us with some Holy Grail Signals Tour soundboard, but I guess it wasn't in the cards. Easy pass. I'd rather try and go back and get the 2112, HEMI, and PEW sets that I don't have yet to go with my AFTK and MP sets.

-Marc.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2023, 05:17:26 PM by The Letter M »
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #6327 on: March 03, 2023, 05:06:19 PM »
Oh I'd be all over the 2113 one! ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #6328 on: March 03, 2023, 05:18:17 PM »
Oh I'd be all over the 2113 one! ;D

Guess you'll be waiting 90 years! ;)

-Marc.

Offline Bluefish

« Reply #6329 on: March 03, 2023, 07:30:28 PM »
Yeah, I saw that and immediately thought "that's a hard pass for me!" No freaking way would I consider buying any of those. Really lame that they didn't include any sort of live disc. You'd think they would have known what really sells these packages. Hopefully they'll get the message. Already saw a lot of negative reactions to Rush's official Facebook post, so it's clear there's a lot of disappointment.

Same.

Online HOF

« Reply #6330 on: March 03, 2023, 08:59:28 PM »
I don’t have any interest in the live shows anyway, but might have been interested in a remix (I’m a sucker for those). Weird that they just remastered it again (why did they remaster it in 2015? For vinyl?). Don’t see any reason to pick this up unless you want the artwork.

Offline gazinwales

« Reply #6331 on: March 03, 2023, 10:33:14 PM »

At the very least, you can be sure that they have some soundboard recordings of shows, even if there aren't any multi-track recordings. And given the way technology is today (just look at what they did with the Beatles documentary), they still could tweak the soundboard recording to improve it.

Maybe they do, but not great quality, but regardless the package should contain some live material, even a great audience recording (the infamous 'Signals Over London' bootleg comes to mind), Rush wouldn't be the first band to release an audience sourced live album.
https://permanentwavs.tripod.com/Web%20Pages/DRE%20Imported%20Pages/DRE%20Imported_1_11/10_Signals/SFL_Remast/rush-sflre.html
« Last Edit: March 03, 2023, 10:50:26 PM by gazinwales »

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #6332 on: March 04, 2023, 04:34:37 AM »
The reissue looks great, but with no additional material, I'll stay away from it.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #6333 on: March 05, 2023, 12:00:44 PM »
Richard Chycki being involved means it's going to sound like shit compared to the great remasters from years past anyway. 

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #6334 on: March 07, 2023, 06:59:38 PM »
I wanted a single CD of the new edition and I'm not paying $230 to get one. So basically I lose. 

Guess I'll just wait for Geddy's book and hope he does some signings.