Poll

What are the 3 best songs on Clockwork Angels?

Caravan
71 (12.2%)
BU2B
46 (7.9%)
Clockwork Angels
85 (14.6%)
The Anarchist
44 (7.6%)
Carnies
19 (3.3%)
Halo Effect
11 (1.9%)
Seven Cities of Gold
21 (3.6%)
The Wreckers
46 (7.9%)
Headlong Flight
87 (14.9%)
BU2B2
4 (0.7%)
Wish Them Well
16 (2.7%)
The Garden
132 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 199

Author Topic: Rush v. Dirk, Pratt, & Lerxst  (Read 497851 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: Rush v. Dirk, Pratt, & Lerxst
« Reply #5040 on: February 02, 2021, 08:40:23 AM »
Thank you M!  I think I'm going to recut mine as well.

Any ideas/thoughts on what songs are from what night?   The lack of Rush boots always surprised me; the fanbase (at least those that I know that were into the band back then) weren't averse to taping, and liked other bands that were heavily booted.  Interesting stuff.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #5041 on: February 02, 2021, 11:15:46 AM »
It seems like that "2112" was moved from fourth place to later in the album to better facilitate the album's vinyl sides.

They simply flip-flopped Fly by Night/In the Mood/Something for Nothing with Lakeside Park/2112.  Made for almost perfectly spaced album sides.

I wonder what they did with the extra 2 minutes of saved time from omitting The Oracle for all those years. Truly one of the most baffling decisions they ever made

A good guess was that it was too high to sing even with the drop tuning for Geddy every night.

Did they use drop tuning on ATWAS/the 2112 tour?  Nothing in Oracle is higher than Temples, Presentation or Soliloquy.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #5042 on: February 02, 2021, 11:22:22 AM »
I always figured they dropped Discovery and The Oracle because they're the mellower movements.  Discovery of course starts with tuning the guitar, which would be hard to translate to live performance, but I always missed The Oracle because it's kinda the whole point of the story, plus musically it includes one of the main themes.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #5043 on: February 02, 2021, 12:00:21 PM »
It seems like that "2112" was moved from fourth place to later in the album to better facilitate the album's vinyl sides.

They simply flip-flopped Fly by Night/In the Mood/Something for Nothing with Lakeside Park/2112.  Made for almost perfectly spaced album sides.

I wonder what they did with the extra 2 minutes of saved time from omitting The Oracle for all those years. Truly one of the most baffling decisions they ever made

A good guess was that it was too high to sing even with the drop tuning for Geddy every night.

Did they use drop tuning on ATWAS/the 2112 tour?  Nothing in Oracle is higher than Temples, Presentation or Soliloquy.

Sorry, I was talking about the latter tours.  Not early on. .  Listen to the version on Different Stages.  I was at that show in Mansfield, Mass.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline pg1067

« Reply #5044 on: February 02, 2021, 01:07:55 PM »
I always figured they dropped Discovery and The Oracle because they're the mellower movements.  Discovery of course starts with tuning the guitar, which would be hard to translate to live performance, but I always missed The Oracle because it's kinda the whole point of the story, plus musically it includes one of the main themes.

I was watching that Rush history/making of 2112 and Moving Pictures documentary over the weekend and was super impressed by how Alex made the act of tuning the guitar into something musical.  But yeah, I assumed that Discovery got truncated for the reason you mentioned, but dropping Oracle is hard to explain -- especially on a headlining show that those recorded for ATWAS.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5045 on: February 03, 2021, 06:12:47 PM »
So.... what's the general consensus on the sound of the various CDs and their remasters?

To my knowledge, there are:

- the original releases
- the "Rush Remaster" series
- the Sector Box releases
- the various Deluxe versions (I think that's 2112 and Moving Pictures)
- the 40th Anniversary releases

I don't think I have any CD with all FIVE versions, though I think I have four of 2112 and Moving Pictures, and three of A Farewell To Kings.  I'm doing a sort of compare and there's no obvious "winner" to my ears.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5046 on: February 03, 2021, 07:55:35 PM »
The remasters are worth it. All others are meh.

The newer ones for the live releases are worth it for the unreleased live cuts.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #5047 on: February 03, 2021, 08:04:36 PM »
So.... what's the general consensus on the sound of the various CDs and their remasters?

- the original releases

I don't think I have any CD with all FIVE versions, though I think I have four of 2112 and Moving Pictures, and three of A Farewell To Kings.  I'm doing a sort of compare and there's no obvious "winner" to my ears.

Anything done from the 2015 Abbey Road remasters. Everything was done originally just for vinyl. Of those, 2112, Farewell, Hemispheres and Permanent Waves have seen CD release. I back-filled everything before 2112 with the versions from HD Tracks which are also from the Abbey Road remasters. Although, I now see that HD Tracks made it a lot more difficult to discern between the versions. The old site layout would tell you what was from Abbey Road. Looks like if you find the ones that have a copyright of 2015 on them, that's probably the ones.

These are the best to me. I have also known many others to proclaim that as well. There is no clipping and the dynamic range is excellent. As Steven Wilson would say, you have to crank the volume on these because they breathe.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5048 on: February 03, 2021, 08:08:21 PM »
I've heard that too, and I think that's my 2112, Moving Pictures and...  AFTK, if memory serves. 

I don't know that I'm going to replace the entire catalogue; do we have an opinion on the Remasters versus the Sector box sets?  The Sector sets seem a little hot, but they also seem a little "cleaner" to me.   For me, the Remasters blow away the original CD releases.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #5049 on: February 03, 2021, 08:20:14 PM »
I have the 1997 remasters of everything. I have no problem with them. When the Super Deluxe sets started to get released with the Abbey Road remasters I thought they sounded even better. I thought 2112 sounded better and that's when I went to HD Tracks and bought the Abbey Road editions of Rush through Caress. Right now, on my iPod and Plex server, I have the Abbey Road versions for Rush through Permanent and the 1997 remasters for Moving through Hold Your Fire. Everything after that is original expect for Vapor Trails. I have the Andy Van Dette remaster of that which is far superior to the original and was only available on HD Tracks. Seems to be gone now. Glad I have it as I did not like Bottrill's remix version.

From what I have read, the Sector ones are the worst.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #5050 on: February 03, 2021, 10:44:12 PM »
I have the 1997 remasters of everything. I have no problem with them. When the Super Deluxe sets started to get released with the Abbey Road remasters I thought they sounded even better. I thought 2112 sounded better and that's when I went to HD Tracks and bought the Abbey Road editions of Rush through Caress. Right now, on my iPod and Plex server, I have the Abbey Road versions for Rush through Permanent and the 1997 remasters for Moving through Hold Your Fire. Everything after that is original expect for Vapor Trails. I have the Andy Van Dette remaster of that which is far superior to the original and was only available on HD Tracks. Seems to be gone now. Glad I have it as I did not like Bottrill's remix version.

Tidal has all the Abbey Road versions. They do sound great! Although I thought the originals sounded pretty darn good too.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #5051 on: February 04, 2021, 01:35:00 PM »
I'm not sure if this was posted earlier in this thread. I'm also not sure how I missed this back in July, but here is a cover of Anthem with Danny Carey, Les Claypool, Claudio Sanchez, Bill Kelliher, and Steve Brodsky. They ripped this song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fULwDbZ4iSU
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #5052 on: February 04, 2021, 01:50:57 PM »
I'm not sure if this was posted earlier in this thread. I'm also not sure how I missed this back in July, but here is a cover of Anthem with Danny Carey, Les Claypool, Claudio Sanchez, Bill Kelliher, and Steve Brodsky. They ripped this song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fULwDbZ4iSU
Saw it when it first came out, but nice to watch again. Dunno who the guy with the King Diamond face paint is (or Steve Brodsky for that matter), but definitely one of the better covers.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #5053 on: February 13, 2021, 05:14:41 PM »

- the original releases

There is also the Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs Releases (2112, Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures and Signals)
Audio Fidelity Gold Discs (Hemispheres, Presto, Roll The Bones and Counterparts mastered by Kevin Gray)

Don't know about general consensus, but I prefer the 2015 McGee remasters where applicable and and all of the audiophile releases (except for the Mobile Fidelity 2112 which I consider to be kind of weak.)
In all other cases I probably prefer the Sector releases.

Worst of the lot for me are the 1997 Mercury Remasters.

I wish the whole catalog would be reissued with the 2015 McGees but I don't know if that will ever happen given the present state of affairs.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #5054 on: February 13, 2021, 05:21:47 PM »

- the original releases

Anything done from the 2015 Abbey Road remasters. Everything was done originally just for vinyl. Of those, 2112, Farewell, Hemispheres and Permanent Waves have seen CD release. I back-filled everything before 2112 with the versions from HD Tracks which are also from the Abbey Road remasters. Although, I now see that HD Tracks made it a lot more difficult to discern between the versions. The old site layout would tell you what was from Abbey Road. Looks like if you find the ones that have a copyright of 2015 on them, that's probably the ones.

These are the best to me. I have also known many others to proclaim that as well. There is no clipping and the dynamic range is excellent. As Steven Wilson would say, you have to crank the volume on these because they breathe.

I'd imagine that the HD/Hi Res downloads are even better than 2015 CD/vinyl releases, but that's not something that interests me since there is little certainty about what you're buying.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #5055 on: February 13, 2021, 05:42:08 PM »

The problem with the '97s for me is that there's not enough low end and the high end overwhelms everything beginning with Permanent Waves and gets progressively worse until  A Show of Hands. Rush through Hemispheres is not optimal either but at least tolerable.  The Sectors have a low end clarity that isn't on anything else except for the audiophile releases. But the 2015's would be my go to in most cases so far.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5056 on: February 14, 2021, 08:04:53 AM »

The problem with the '97s for me is that there's not enough low end and the high end overwhelms everything beginning with Permanent Waves and gets progressively worse until  A Show of Hands. Rush through Hemispheres is not optimal either but at least tolerable.  The Sectors have a low end clarity that isn't on anything else except for the audiophile releases. But the 2015's would be my go to in most cases so far.

So... the question was for my ripping project.  I'm putting all my CDs to harddrive; I'm keeping different versions of songs - rerecordings, remixings, live recordings - but not all the different remasters.   So I was trying to decide with Rush. Here's what I decided on, after playing them on my home system at volume:

Rush through Caress Of Steel:  The original Mercury releases.  (The choice was between that and the Sector remasters)
2112 and A Farewell To Kings:  the 2015 remasters that came with the Deluxe versions (The choice was between the originals (2112), the remasters (AFTK), the deluxe versions (2112), the 40th versions (both) and the Sector versions (both)).
Hemispheres: The Remaster (the choice was between the Remaster and the Sector set)
Permanent Waves:  The original "atom" release (The choice was between the original and the Sector release)
Moving Pictures:  The 2011 remaster (The choice was between the original "atom" release, the Sector release, the 2011 deluxe version)

For the two live records, I went with the Remaster version, because of the additional tracks (the choice was between the Remaster or the Sector version; I honestly didn't really hear much difference between the two versions for both sets)

I still have to listen to Signals through Power Windows (the choice is the original W. German "atom" version and the Sector version) and A Show Of Hands (original versus the Sector version).  I'm leaning to the original versions.  The Sector sets sound pretty good on my stereo, but they are a shade "bright" for me.   Especially with the first three releases, there was a warmth to them, and the Sector ones seemed to "tax" my ears a bit at higher volume in a way the originals didn't.

I didn't mention Hold Your Fire; I'm keeping both because the mixes are different.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #5057 on: February 15, 2021, 02:59:03 PM »
The self titled original Mercury release is a festering pile of dog snot. :tdwn

Some idiot tried to fade out the tape hiss at the end of what you’re doing, and his fade back in comes in late.

When the remaster came out and they had fixed it, I celebrated by chucking the old one away.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5058 on: February 15, 2021, 03:16:52 PM »
The self titled original Mercury release is a festering pile of dog snot. :tdwn

Some idiot tried to fade out the tape hiss at the end of what you’re doing, and his fade back in comes in late.

When the remaster came out and they had fixed it, I celebrated by chucking the old one away.

I don't recall that; I made the decision based on Here Again and Before And After, my two favorite songs on the record (by a long shot).   

I was running an errand in my truck listening to this the other day and spacing out and I had this "daydream" of the band rerecording the album with Neil redoing the lyrics, making the theme of the album "identity" and "self" (given that it's a self-titled record).   A man can dream....then again the phone book would be better than "Hey baby, it’s a quarter to eight, I feel I’m in the mood. Hey baby, the hour is late, I feel I’ve got to move."  I'm an old man and "eight" isn't "late".  ;)

Offline jammindude

« Reply #5059 on: February 15, 2021, 03:27:05 PM »
The ReDISCovery boxed set re-release of that album...I’m pretty sure comes with a needle drop flat vinyl transfer IIRC. I wonder how that compares.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5060 on: February 15, 2021, 04:24:34 PM »
There is a line on the Signals gold disc that was missing.  I think it was on The Weapon. It's been a while since I listened to it.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #5061 on: February 15, 2021, 08:30:28 PM »
There is a line on the Signals gold disc that was missing.  I think it was on The Weapon. It's been a while since I listened to it.

I read somewhere that there was a bit of confusion after that release. MFSL were handed the tapes and did the transfer. No one even thought to check. No one had any idea that apparently something had been added AFTER the fact.

Not sure that mystery was ever solved.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5062 on: February 16, 2021, 07:27:50 AM »

"And the things that he fears, are a weapon to be held against him."; it's about 3:15 in.  (I know this because as I noted I've been comparing versions over the last week or two.)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #5063 on: February 16, 2021, 07:39:11 AM »
Yep, you beat me to it.  I noticed that right away when I got the Signals gold disc back in the 90's. The Weapon was my favorite song from Signals back then, and it felt incomplete without that line.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5064 on: February 16, 2021, 08:38:20 AM »
My brother & cousin missed it.  I was screaming, "Play that back!"  You get that something was missing feeling.

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #5065 on: February 16, 2021, 02:02:45 PM »
I read somewhere that there was a bit of confusion after that release. MFSL were handed the tapes and did the transfer. No one even thought to check. No one had any idea that apparently something had been added AFTER the fact.

Not sure that mystery was ever solved.
That's not actually what it was. For whatever reason, that line was not sung during the original sessions and was added at a later stage, which is why it wasn't on the master tapes that MFSL was given.

Here's the explanation from someone who contacted them:
https://www.hometheaterforum.com/community/threads/are-these-good-mfsls.101296/
If you are a fellow Rush hound, you may want to go ahead and pick up Mercury's remaster, as there is a lyric 'missing' in the bridge after the second chorus in "The Weapon." (Then) Mobile Fidelity engineer Krieg Wunderlich and (then) director of product development Joe Bermudez explained in response to a letter I sent about this issue that Ged singing "And the things that he fears/Are a weapon to be held against him..." in the bridge was not on the original multitrack master, but rather was added to the 2-track mixdown tape in post production. Ergo, since MoFi is all about the original master, that lyric does not appear on the Signals Ultradisc.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5066 on: February 16, 2021, 02:12:00 PM »
Yup.  That is correct.  I always wondered why it wasn't originally sung on the sessions.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5067 on: February 16, 2021, 04:14:43 PM »
So I'm watching "Exit...Stage Left", the video.  it's always a treat to see the guys play, but what was it with bands in the early 80's, and the "arty" concert films?  In look, in feel, in format, this is like watching Genesis' Three Sides Live.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #5068 on: February 17, 2021, 10:05:20 AM »
So I'm watching "Exit...Stage Left", the video.  it's always a treat to see the guys play, but what was it with bands in the early 80's, and the "arty" concert films?  In look, in feel, in format, this is like watching Genesis' Three Sides Live.

I don't know, but that was such a hard video for me to find.  I remember looking and looking and finally finding a place that didn't have it in stock but would order it for me.  I had to put down a deposit, and it finally arrived about a month later.  I can't tell you how many Saturday nights my best friend and I spent drinking beer and watching that tape (along with several others).  At one point, the little "door" on the VHS tape broke, and my VCR at the time wouldn't play it.  I had to get a blank tape, open it up and remove the tape, and then transfer the tape of ESL into the other housing.  It was like I was doing a heart transplant.  I kept that videotape until Replay x3 was released in the mid-2000s.  I still have the Through the Camera Eye and Chronicles VHS tapes (the former has never been re-released on a digital format (but was released on laserdisc in addition to VHS), and I also have the latter on DVD).

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5069 on: February 17, 2021, 10:56:39 AM »

I've never seen Exit...Stage left but it is arty in the way Metropolis live from NYC is arty? :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5070 on: February 17, 2021, 11:31:13 AM »

I don't know, but that was such a hard video for me to find.  I remember looking and looking and finally finding a place that didn't have it in stock but would order it for me.  I had to put down a deposit, and it finally arrived about a month later.  I can't tell you how many Saturday nights my best friend and I spent drinking beer and watching that tape (along with several others).  At one point, the little "door" on the VHS tape broke, and my VCR at the time wouldn't play it.  I had to get a blank tape, open it up and remove the tape, and then transfer the tape of ESL into the other housing.  It was like I was doing a heart transplant.  I kept that videotape until Replay x3 was released in the mid-2000s.  I still have the Through the Camera Eye and Chronicles VHS tapes (the former has never been re-released on a digital format (but was released on laserdisc in addition to VHS), and I also have the latter on DVD).

I will say this, though:  I wasn't kidding.  It's always a treat to watch them play.   The live versions of Xanadu and Red Barchetta from that tape are ESSENTIAL viewing.   It's stunning to me how three guys make that much "noise".  I didn't see that tour, but I wish I did. 

Offline pg1067

« Reply #5071 on: February 17, 2021, 12:35:43 PM »

I've never seen Exit...Stage left but it is arty in the way Metropolis live from NYC is arty? :lol

I'm gonna say no.  It's a similar distinction as between, say, a soap opera (LSFNY) and an Episode of CSI (ESL).  The sorts of "arty" effects that were used in LSFNY (2000) didn't exist when ESL was produced (1981/82).  Also, one of the biggest complaints about the ESL video is the lighting.  There are several very dark shots.  IMO, however, that makes for a more natural feel.

I will say this, though:  I wasn't kidding.  It's always a treat to watch them play.   The live versions of Xanadu and Red Barchetta from that tape are ESSENTIAL viewing.   It's stunning to me how three guys make that much "noise".  I didn't see that tour, but I wish I did.

You and me both!  One of my favorite shots ever is when you see Alex seemlessly switch between the 6 and 12-string necks in the middle of Xanadu (just past the 7:30 mark here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuHS-gjMiVw ).

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5072 on: February 17, 2021, 10:38:42 PM »
https://www.hometheaterforum.com/community/threads/are-these-good-mfsls.101296/

Holy shit! When I was first getting in to the internet back in the late 90s, my number #1 site was a forum dedicated to Home Theater. It was my home page, the first site I visited when I logged on (this is dial-up days), the last site I visited before I signed off. It was my dtf.org. There were great discussions about not only home theater gear, of which I learned a ton, but also about music, film, and there was an equivalent to our "General Discussion" subforum. I do not recall the exact URL, but I think that was it. Following that link looks totally different than I remember, but of course it would 20+ years later, if that is the same site. And if it is, that is the biggest nostalgia kick I've had in ages!
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #5073 on: February 18, 2021, 12:38:27 PM »

I'm gonna say no.  It's a similar distinction as between, say, a soap opera (LSFNY) and an Episode of CSI (ESL).  The sorts of "arty" effects that were used in LSFNY (2000) didn't exist when ESL was produced (1981/82).  Also, one of the biggest complaints about the ESL video is the lighting.  There are several very dark shots.  IMO, however, that makes for a more natural feel.

You and me both!  One of my favorite shots ever is when you see Alex seemlessly switch between the 6 and 12-string necks in the middle of Xanadu (just past the 7:30 mark here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuHS-gjMiVw ).
That is incredible! Thanks for posting that link, they were all on fire.   :omg:  :metal :metal
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #5074 on: February 18, 2021, 02:59:09 PM »

Still have those VHS and Laser Discs ( and DVD. Missing Exit... on laser disc) There are still a few studio videos that never made it to DVD (Most of Through The Camera Eye has been released on various other DVDs.)