Poll

What are the 3 best songs on Clockwork Angels?

Caravan
71 (12.2%)
BU2B
46 (7.9%)
Clockwork Angels
85 (14.6%)
The Anarchist
44 (7.6%)
Carnies
19 (3.3%)
Halo Effect
11 (1.9%)
Seven Cities of Gold
21 (3.6%)
The Wreckers
46 (7.9%)
Headlong Flight
87 (14.9%)
BU2B2
4 (0.7%)
Wish Them Well
16 (2.7%)
The Garden
132 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 199

Author Topic: Rush v. Dirk, Pratt, & Lerxst  (Read 497797 times)

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
Re: Rush v. Dirk, Pratt & Lerxst
« Reply #1435 on: January 26, 2015, 12:20:00 AM »
While it would indeed be cool to see the final show of the tour (been there, done that!), I really don't have much interest in LA, and the scheduling would be much more difficult with my work schedule. And with the LV/Phoenix plan I realize now I'd also be able to see the Hoover Dam as an added bonus. And frankly nothing in or around LA holds half the appeal to me as the Grand Canyon does.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #1436 on: January 27, 2015, 07:08:51 PM »
While it would indeed be cool to see the final show of the tour (been there, done that!), I really don't have much interest in LA, and the scheduling would be much more difficult with my work schedule. And with the LV/Phoenix plan I realize now I'd also be able to see the Hoover Dam as an added bonus. And frankly nothing in or around LA holds half the appeal to me as the Grand Canyon does.

I don't have much interest in LA either except that's where Rush's final show is happening. But it sounds like you have a great plan.

I found it impossible to get decent seats for Philly over the last several days and as I was doing that again this morning  flipping between Newark, MSG and Philly it occurred to me that I should focus on Newark.
I decided to do that because if there is a little set swapping going on again I'd be in position to catch both if I liked the swapping.

After a few hours, I pulled the trigger on 10th row Geddy's side at the non-VIP price.
Now I can wait to see what the set is going to be like and react accordingly.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1437 on: January 27, 2015, 07:43:23 PM »
I've managed to not look up tickets to a single show yet. It's to the point where I'm going to likely find better tickets 1 week, 1 month, or 3 months later that I don't really try right away anymore.
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1438 on: January 27, 2015, 08:08:08 PM »
I was just thinking the same thing.  Doesn't that just suck?   Used to be that the FANS lined up early, so the FANS got the best seats.   Now, half the stadium is accounted for before the FANS even get a shot at them.   We're forced to pay ticket brokers (read: legal scalpers...that are actually owned by TicketBastard in the first place).    Wow, do those guys ever have a racket going. 
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1439 on: January 27, 2015, 09:00:32 PM »
That's another reason why I'm disappointed by these outrageous prices this time around.  And don't anybody give me this "The band has no control over ticket prices" nonsense, because it is just that: nonsense.  Granted, I get that with the crew they have and the big stage production, they need to charge a lot, and they aren't gonna tour to lose money or break even, but still, nearly $170?  Absurd.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #1440 on: January 27, 2015, 11:41:59 PM »
You think the set up they have, they can have a good profitable tour with having 10k people come a show and pay an average of $50 a ticket and make a solid $500k revenue, no problem, and I think people would be happy with that.  Now $50 is just the nosebleed seats (and that's without fees).

From what I saw in the wiki page of CA tour when they came to LA.  They played Gibson Amphitheater (which was about 5k-6k audience capacity) and made $700k revenue.  $118 is the ticket average in LA?  Holy cow, man.  It's a tad bit out of my price range to pay, even for nosebleeds, to say the least, even if I love them, and they play a great three hour set and perform how they were suppose to perform.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #1441 on: January 28, 2015, 03:28:04 AM »
Dang, those are some expensive tickets. They better retire before the people stop attending the concerts because of not being able to afford the tickets.

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #1442 on: January 28, 2015, 11:30:00 AM »
Is anyone else not going to look at the set list before the show?  The past two shows, I looked, but probably not this time.  Will be interesting not knowing ahead of time.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline snowdog

« Reply #1443 on: January 28, 2015, 03:57:19 PM »
That's another reason why I'm disappointed by these outrageous prices this time around.  And don't anybody give me this "The band has no control over ticket prices" nonsense, because it is just that: nonsense.  Granted, I get that with the crew they have and the big stage production, they need to charge a lot, and they aren't gonna tour to lose money or break even, but still, nearly $170?  Absurd.
The high priced Denver tickets were 120-130.  Why is there a difference between cities?  Are they asking for a flat fee per venue and then having to divide that amount by how many seats they can sell?  Or is the promoter in St. Louis pocketing a large fee?

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1444 on: January 28, 2015, 04:11:14 PM »
Bands have no direct control over ticket prices unless they assert themselves, which is rarely. They get paid either a flat amount, or an amount + so much per ticket typically. The show promoter who brings the band in and has to pay them is usually responsible for getting the revenue to cover and exceed his expenses.

Unfortunately, with Rush, as with Dream Theater, it's much better to charge an average of $100 a ticket and get 8k people, than to charge and average of 50 a ticket and get 10k there. Rush fans will go no matter what, and promoters know that.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #1445 on: January 28, 2015, 04:25:42 PM »
What are regular DT ticket prices in the US? Or maybe a better question, does anyone know how ticket prices usually compare with the EU? I am interested in seeing Rush, but no way I am going to lay down 150 euro's if they come here.

Offline The Curious Orange

• Lord of the Night
« Reply #1446 on: January 29, 2015, 02:35:17 AM »
At todays rates, $150 is €133 or £99. Quite a bit, but well worth it IMO. Lets just hope they DO tour Europe - the only thing worse than high ticket prices is if they don't come over here at all... (shudder - doesn't bear thinking about...)
"And if love remains, though everything is lost,
We will pay the price, but we will not count the cost..."

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #1447 on: January 29, 2015, 04:09:10 AM »
At todays rates, $150 is €133 or £99. Quite a bit, but well worth it IMO. Lets just hope they DO tour Europe - the only thing worse than high ticket prices is if they don't come over here at all... (shudder - doesn't bear thinking about...)

They said 170 dollars, so the 150 was already in euro's, if tickets for good seats have the same price range over here.

I am no big Rush fan (or better said, I am only fan of a part of their discography) and think Geddy's vocals do not hold up at all live anymore (based on some videos and the Clockwork Angels recording), so for me personally that price is just not worth it (alltough I do not need the best seats, so there are probably cheaper options).

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #1448 on: January 29, 2015, 07:51:34 AM »
I bought Roll the Bones today, and I started playing it before looking at the lyric booklet. In the first song, Dreamline, I genuinely thought Lee sang: "She's got a Linford Christie* compass". Ah, the fun that can be had with misheard lyrics...  :lol

*Linford Christie - British athlete, 1992 Olympic 100m champion

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #1449 on: January 29, 2015, 08:42:43 AM »
anyone do the Philly presale today? that was an ordeal  :lol
took me three tries to secure a ticket cause i kept running out of time (despite nothing counting down  >:( )
then when i went to pay, apparently my account is under my dads name, so i had to get his credit card info as they wouldn't accept mine.
but despite all the hassle, got a floor ticket and I'm stoked! now just hoping i stay in philly this summer so i can use it  :lol

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1450 on: January 29, 2015, 08:46:18 AM »
YES, THANK YOU!  No countdown on the page should mean there's no countdown.  This BS of hidden countdown time lost me some section 107 seats.  By the time I could navigate my way back in to find more, it was nothing but nosebleeds left (and buying 4 tickets, I can't shell out for floor seats).  Fuckers.

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #1451 on: January 29, 2015, 10:38:43 AM »
YES, THANK YOU!  No countdown on the page should mean there's no countdown.  This BS of hidden countdown time lost me some section 107 seats.  By the time I could navigate my way back in to find more, it was nothing but nosebleeds left (and buying 4 tickets, I can't shell out for floor seats).  Fuckers.
i realize i took a lot of time because i had two tabs open checking for different seats to see the price difference, but still, if theres no way to know how much time is left how is it my fault that it expired? luckily when i went back in the seat i got was two rows closer than what i had at first, but if i had missed out i would have been pissed..

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1452 on: January 29, 2015, 05:04:31 PM »
Man, gotta say, I'm glad not to be a bigger fan of Rush. Those prices are just preposterous.
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1453 on: January 30, 2015, 08:09:21 AM »
i realize i took a lot of time because i had two tabs open checking for different seats to see the price difference, but still, if theres no way to know how much time is left how is it my fault that it expired? luckily when i went back in the seat i got was two rows closer than what i had at first, but if i had missed out i would have been pissed..

Got on at 10AM to get tickets this morning.  Absolutely nothing left but nosebleed seats.  Fucking ridiculous.

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #1454 on: January 30, 2015, 08:18:14 AM »
My wife mentioned to me yesterday that Rush was coming to town, and that if you have a Citibank Visa card (which we do) then you can get advance tickets.  She must have heard a radio commercial or something.  I know she meant well.  I said "Yeah, but I've heard tickets are like $170 apiece."

She just said "Oh, so you're probably not going?"

Probably?  I'm definitely not.  I love Rush, and this is likely their final tour, but I've seen Rush more than any other band, and there's a point where you just have to be content with the memories you have.

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
  • The Original Unseasoned Fan
« Reply #1455 on: January 30, 2015, 08:25:27 AM »
Looks like I'm not the only one who had a bad experience with this pre-sale. Clicked on the Ticketmaster VIP link, looked around for 30 second before realizing I was in the wrong place, and by then most tickets were gone. My fault for going to the wrong place, but I think they could have made it more clear where you needed to go and what you needed to do depending on the tickets you wanted.
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1456 on: February 07, 2015, 08:39:49 AM »
Section 121 in the Bell Centre in Montreal!!  Woot!!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #1457 on: February 07, 2015, 10:33:32 AM »
Chicago is sold out...I was not able to get tickets  :-[

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #1458 on: February 07, 2015, 01:06:50 PM »
anyone do the Philly presale today? that was an ordeal  :lol
took me three tries to secure a ticket cause i kept running out of time (despite nothing counting down  >:( )
then when i went to pay, apparently my account is under my dads name, so i had to get his credit card info as they wouldn't accept mine.
but despite all the hassle, got a floor ticket and I'm stoked! now just hoping i stay in philly this summer so i can use it  :lol

Tickets for Newark came this week.  Fastest turnaround ever. I guess they're trying to prove something.

I wanted Philly seats since they are cheaper but I couldn't get anywhere.
 I'll have a look at the set and if I like it I can pick up tickets for Philly and New York later when the choice of seating improves and more tickets get unlocked.

Kingsmengland
Section 121 in the Bell Centre in Montreal!!  Woot!!

That near the stage or way in the back for the lights?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1459 on: February 07, 2015, 04:33:47 PM »
Back side on a slight curse on Alex's side.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Mister Gold

• The Makers of Our Own Destiny
  • Human
« Reply #1460 on: February 07, 2015, 05:26:34 PM »
My dad and I got tickets yesterday morning for the show in Greensboro, NC. I'm stoked to see 'em again! :hefdaddy :tup :metal
Beyond the limits of the mortal frame
To the farthest boundary of eternity
Where I, the Cosmic Sea
Watch the little ego floating in me.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1461 on: February 07, 2015, 05:53:01 PM »
Planning on 4 shows, and currently only have tickets for Phoenix. Las Vegas, Philly, and Newark have all been... less than favorable.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1462 on: February 08, 2015, 03:14:06 PM »
Feeling a bit bummed.   I just can't afford tickets right now, and since it's their last big tour, I want to take my son for the first (and most likely only) time.   I've taken my wife twice, but never taken my son to a Rush show.   (he hasn't exactly gone without.   His first concert ever was front row with me at the PT FOABP show...and I also took him to see the Portland headlinging show of the BCSL DT tour)

Maybe...just maybe...I'll be able to pick up some decent after market tickets when I get my tax refund.   :mehlin
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #1463 on: February 09, 2015, 04:32:35 PM »
Feeling a bit bummed.   I just can't afford tickets right now, and since it's their last big tour, I want to take my son for the first (and most likely only) time.   I've taken my wife twice, but never taken my son to a Rush show.   (he hasn't exactly gone without.   His first concert ever was front row with me at the PT FOABP show...and I also took him to see the Portland headlinging show of the BCSL DT tour)

Maybe...just maybe...I'll be able to pick up some decent after market tickets when I get my tax refund.   :mehlin

Yeah,  wait till closer to the show and something will pop up.  I've decided to just show up in Philly and New York without tickets. (This is provided I like the set enough to do it.)  If it's going to be more of an R30 kind of set, I'll settle for my one show and wait for the DVD. Of course with my luck the set I would most want to see IS in Philly and New York.

Actually, I just thought of something. Maybe ditching the electronic kit allows for more wiggle room with improvs and things which would be great.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #1464 on: February 15, 2015, 07:56:20 AM »
Going to see them in Detroit. Yay.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1465 on: February 16, 2015, 02:21:43 AM »
I hope you guys were listening to Fly By Night yesterday, it turned 40 years :metal
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1466 on: February 16, 2015, 05:27:23 AM »
I hope you guys were listening to Fly By Night yesterday, it turned 40 years :metal

In 5.1 of course. :metal

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #1467 on: February 21, 2015, 01:22:56 PM »

In 5.1 of course. :metal

Strangely, I listened to Clockwork Angels that day.

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1468 on: February 22, 2015, 07:42:56 AM »
I'll post it here as well, complete clip of Geddy on That Metal Show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXjFqSoOeNg&feature=youtu.be
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #1469 on: February 22, 2015, 10:08:02 AM »
Wow, that was so much fun to watch! The bit with the ranking got me all excited!  :metal