Poll

What are the 3 best songs on Clockwork Angels?

Caravan
71 (12.2%)
BU2B
46 (7.9%)
Clockwork Angels
85 (14.6%)
The Anarchist
44 (7.6%)
Carnies
19 (3.3%)
Halo Effect
11 (1.9%)
Seven Cities of Gold
21 (3.6%)
The Wreckers
46 (7.9%)
Headlong Flight
87 (14.9%)
BU2B2
4 (0.7%)
Wish Them Well
16 (2.7%)
The Garden
132 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 199

Author Topic: Rush v. Dirk, Pratt, & Lerxst  (Read 498064 times)

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
Re: Rush v. Dirk, Pratt & Lerxst
« Reply #1400 on: January 03, 2015, 04:27:34 PM »

I've always given them credit for one thing, they drive hard for new fans with their pricing. On Amazon right now I could get Hold Your Fire brand new, shipped to my door in two days for $4.02. I could get other albums for $5, and most of the rest for $6. But man, have they fleeced hardcore fans hard over the past decade.

For what it's worth I don't think the band has any say about Amazon pricing.

...and it's probably the '97 remaster anyway so even that is overpriced!

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #1401 on: January 03, 2015, 04:32:54 PM »
We'll see.....

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #1402 on: January 22, 2015, 08:02:03 AM »
R40 Tour this summer. Minnesota is the third date! Really pumped for this

https://www.rush.com/tour/rush40-tour/

And Hugh Syme definitely did that artwork because it's the background from the drive-in movie theater in the DT booklet.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 08:21:04 AM by SystematicThought »
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1403 on: January 22, 2015, 08:08:35 AM »
Good old Hugh :lol
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline The Curious Orange

• Lord of the Night
« Reply #1404 on: January 22, 2015, 08:27:56 AM »
Let's hope European and UK dates are announced soon...
"And if love remains, though everything is lost,
We will pay the price, but we will not count the cost..."

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #1405 on: January 22, 2015, 08:31:21 AM »
Imagine if they pull out a new song :eek

If that happens, let's hope the album doesn't get released 2 years later  :lol
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1406 on: January 22, 2015, 08:32:14 AM »
My brother wants us to go to Montreal for the show.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #1407 on: January 22, 2015, 09:08:28 AM »
all these great summer tours and i have no clue where ill be living at that time  :facepalm:
guess ill just by a philly ticket on the off chance i stay here :lol

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #1408 on: January 22, 2015, 10:52:54 AM »
This. If they don't come to Finland, then I'm ready to travel to see them, because the press release says this "will most likely be their last major tour of this magnitude".

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #1409 on: January 22, 2015, 11:54:55 AM »
AHHHHHHHHHH.  The LA show is at the Forum.  It's about 1.5 months before the Foo Fighters show.  Oh.  If it was only six months in between, I might have gone for it.  But with that short gap and the Rush ticket prices, I'm probably bowing out of this one.   :'(  :'(  :'( .

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1410 on: January 22, 2015, 01:09:46 PM »
Seen em twice already. If I had the dough to spend I would, but I'll sit this one out.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1411 on: January 22, 2015, 01:17:48 PM »
Seen em twice already. If I had the dough to spend I would, but I'll sit this one out.

I've seen them 30 times.  Still going. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #1412 on: January 22, 2015, 02:45:37 PM »
Any way you guys know to get tickets early?
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline theseoafs

• When the lights go down in the city, and the sun shines on the bayyyyy
  • Hello! My name is Elder Price
« Reply #1413 on: January 22, 2015, 05:38:22 PM »
Check the website.  Seems like there's usually a presale for those subscribed to the mailing list and a presale for Citibank members. 

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #1414 on: January 22, 2015, 06:44:44 PM »
The wife and I are going to the Atlanta show.  Excited that the show will be outdoors.  Of course I had to agree to make a trip to Ikea before the show.  This will be one expensive trip :)

Would love to see DT at this same outdoor arena.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1415 on: January 22, 2015, 07:00:12 PM »
Just for the record.  This tour will probably be the last. They may occasionally do some one off shows here and there; but even as late as November NP wanted to hang it up. He has felt for some time now that he just is not young enough anymore to have the physical ability to play at the level he expects of himself on a huge tour. Keep in mind as much as he loves to make music he also feels like they have nothing left to prove. It was a monumental task to get him to commit to this tour. There are plans (and a desire) to make new music; but if you want to see these guys in concert...this will probably be your last shot. I wanted to post so badly for months now that NP just doesn't have it in him anymore. I've told a couple of people here, but it's not my place to be the band spokesperson.  Lol. But I do think you need to know that this is a huge deal getting him to commit to these shows.  Don't miss this tour.
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline theseoafs

« Reply #1416 on: January 22, 2015, 07:13:03 PM »
Sad news, but not unexpected.  They couldn't go on forever -- I'm just happy I'll have one more chance since I missed both legs of the CA tour.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1417 on: January 22, 2015, 07:40:38 PM »
I have to admit that I went to the last few tours thinking that could be the last time I see them, and if this really is the last one, I won't be surprised at all.  Strange too, cause my excitement about going to concerts has really spiraled the last couple years, but there is not freaking way I am missing what will probably be Rush's last tour.

Online Polarbear

« Reply #1418 on: January 23, 2015, 02:40:21 AM »
This. If they don't come to Finland, then I'm ready to travel to see them, because the press release says this "will most likely be their last major tour of this magnitude".

Yeah! lets hope they have a European tour later. And lets hope they come to Helsinki!

Offline theseoafs

« Reply #1419 on: January 23, 2015, 09:34:30 AM »
Presale tickets for the Chicago show sold out within, like, a minute. :lol  I don't think anyone in my family has a Citi card so we'll be skipping out on that presale too... here's hoping there are tickets left when tickets go onsale to the general public in a week.

EDIT:  Looks like I spoke too soon!  I was able to secure 3 tickets on the lower level.  Rush, here I come.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 09:45:22 AM by theseoafs »

Offline mikemangioy

• do feel free to spool through.
« Reply #1420 on: January 23, 2015, 01:09:08 PM »
Italy pls. I never saw them, and I would die to see them before they split  :(
Because Mike is better than Mike

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1421 on: January 23, 2015, 01:18:53 PM »
Just for the record.  This tour will probably be the last. They may occasionally do some one off shows here and there; but even as late as November NP wanted to hang it up. He has felt for some time now that he just is not young enough anymore to have the physical ability to play at the level he expects of himself on a huge tour. Keep in mind as much as he loves to make music he also feels like they have nothing left to prove. It was a monumental task to get him to commit to this tour. There are plans (and a desire) to make new music; but if you want to see these guys in concert...this will probably be your last shot. I wanted to post so badly for months now that NP just doesn't have it in him anymore. I've told a couple of people here, but it's not my place to be the band spokesperson.  Lol. But I do think you need to know that this is a huge deal getting him to commit to these shows.  Don't miss this tour.

He is clearly conficted in this story a few weeks ago.
https://bravewords.com/news/rush-drummer-neil-peart-discusses-dilemma-of-touring-im-of-two-minds-about-the-whole-idea32
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #1422 on: January 23, 2015, 04:41:00 PM »
Presale tickets for the Chicago show sold out within, like, a minute. :lol  I don't think anyone in my family has a Citi card so we'll be skipping out on that presale too... here's hoping there are tickets left when tickets go onsale to the general public in a week.

EDIT:  Looks like I spoke too soon!  I was able to secure 3 tickets on the lower level.  Rush, here I come.

Can anyone secure those tickets? I also wanna go to the Chicago show.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #1423 on: January 23, 2015, 09:36:25 PM »

Ray Danniels strapped him in a chair with the spotlight in his face. 

Knew something was up and figured that was it.

Nick, you'll be in Philly right?

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1424 on: January 23, 2015, 11:15:14 PM »
In some ways, I knew this was coming....but still, this is a pretty emotional moment.    The band that, at the tender age of 12, forever changed my perspective on music, is going to pretty much hang it up.   

Honestly.....there are no words, except that I want to take my son to the last show in Seattle.   He's not a huge Rush fan, but I've seen them 6 times and drug the two wives I've had in that time to see them, but never take my son to see them.  It would just seem fitting in some way.   Maybe I'll even try to get my older son (who is from a different mother....I barely know him and I've only visited him a couple of times) to come out for the show.   It might be nice....my two sons who barely know each other having a night out with their father to see Rush on their final tour.   It would probably be more for me than for them...but it would still be an emotional moment.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #1425 on: January 23, 2015, 11:22:20 PM »
Yes, I will be in Philly.

I will do a second show as well. I prefer to always have the shows spaced apart, which makes it unfortunate NYC and Newark are only days away. I want to make a trip out of the tour though, so I will likely either do opening night in Tulsa, the Toronto shows, San Jose (and visit San Fran), Vegas (and visit grand canyon) or Phoenix (and visit grand canyon).
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline contest_sanity

« Reply #1426 on: January 24, 2015, 12:50:37 PM »
Sorry to interrupt all the tour talk with this strange post, but nevertheless, who knew Rush made Wikipedia's page for "double entendre"

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #1427 on: January 24, 2015, 02:00:40 PM »
I've never heard of a tiple entendre, but this certainly fits the definition.

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1428 on: January 24, 2015, 06:39:15 PM »
In some ways, I knew this was coming....

:lol :lol

That's because months ago I pm'd you that Neil was done.

Even as far back as the summer, Ged was pretty sad about the whole thing. I saw him in the fall and he didn't want to talk much about it, and we haven't talked much about it on the phone, or via text. He and Nan have even cancelled a few trips this winter I think in part to this issue. He and Alex were ready to make more music, but NP flat out told them at one point that he was done. Like a professional athlete, you reach an age where it's harder and harder to perform to an exacting standard. Neil takes his craft very seriously, and it has always shown. When his body just can't keep up that pace and he loses his ability to play at the level HE expects to perform at, he's especially not going to let himself or the fans down.Even when we wouldn't notice. He does.

What has been bandied about is once they complete the tour, they want to see how he might feel about pushing on in a much greater toned downed scale. Maybe then no more than 10-15 shows here or there. Even then it's tough to fire up that tour engine with only a handful of shows. Especially with the crew. It's not fair to just bring them in for a few shows. But who knows? I think even that's a long shot.

I do know they want to make new music. But as they've always said, and actually did once. When one of them is through, they're all through. Even when they do stop. You can bet Ged and Alex will continue to make music on their own in some capacity. It's who they are.

And NP does love making music. Love can do strange things. So as this band has continued to redefine itself many times over, perhaps we'll get yet another version. But in reality, they have nothing left to prove.
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1429 on: January 24, 2015, 06:46:02 PM »
Well....I didn't want to SAY because I thought it was said in confidence.   But since you let the cat out of the bag.  Yes.   :rollin :rollin :rollin
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #1430 on: January 25, 2015, 12:51:02 PM »
Sucks that this will be their last major tour, but they've had a great run. What an amazing band.

I signed up for the newsletter. Will I get an e-mail when the pre-sale for the Greensboro show starts?
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1431 on: January 25, 2015, 12:54:59 PM »
I will say that I am a little disappointed with how expensive tickets are this time around.  $167 for the good tickets for the St. Louis show. Given that we've seen them with great seats before, my brother and I might opt for the $57 cheap seats this time, especially since it's inside and even way back, the light show and whatnot will still look cool.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #1432 on: January 25, 2015, 04:18:39 PM »
They continue to get more popular, and so tickets continue to get more expensive. It sucks, but it is what it is.

The more I think about it, the more I will try and turn this into a good reason to travel and see some interesting places. My current hope is to fly out to Phoenix, and head immediately to the grand canyon. Use the shuttle to view sights to the east side of the lodging area that evening. Next day take a shuttle out west, and hike back on the rim that day. Total of the main trail I think was about 13 miles, which normally wouldn't be a problem, but July temps out there may make us cut that short and shuttle part of the way back. Then travel to Vegas next day, see some random show that night, stay the night, and see Rush on the 25th. Travel to Phoenix on the 26th and visit Arizona State University where my gf is currently getting her graduate degree online. Then Rush show on the 27th in Phoenix, and fly back on the 28th.

Would end up being about $1,250 per person excluding event tickets, but I think I can pull it off.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1433 on: January 25, 2015, 04:52:39 PM »
I don't think that's true about them getting more popular.  They used to draw 15K+ for nearly every concert at their peak, but now they seem to draw 7-12K for most.  I am sure the higher ticket prices have something to do with it, as well as the many old school fans who jumped off the bandwagon in the 80s. 

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #1434 on: January 25, 2015, 05:20:28 PM »
They continue to get more popular, and so tickets continue to get more expensive. It sucks, but it is what it is.

The more I think about it, the more I will try and turn this into a good reason to travel and see some interesting places. My current hope is to fly out to Phoenix, and head immediately to the grand canyon. Use the shuttle to view sights to the east side of the lodging area that evening. Next day take a shuttle out west, and hike back on the rim that day. Total of the main trail I think was about 13 miles, which normally wouldn't be a problem, but July temps out there may make us cut that short and shuttle part of the way back. Then travel to Vegas next day, see some random show that night, stay the night, and see Rush on the 25th. Travel to Phoenix on the 26th and visit Arizona State University where my gf is currently getting her graduate degree online. Then Rush show on the 27th in Phoenix, and fly back on the 28th.

Would end up being about $1,250 per person excluding event tickets, but I think I can pull it off.

Sounds like a great idea.  I know this probably isn't an option for you since you want to combine this with other stuff, but I'd do all I can to get to that final LA show. I can't even imagine how emotional that would be.

Not in the cards for me, but you seem to be in a great position to pull it off.

Depending on how much I like the set, it's going to be at some combination of Philly, Newark or MSG which would be great if they change up sets again.

They'll have to have one hell of a set to top the last one.