Poll

What are the 3 best songs on Clockwork Angels?

Caravan
71 (12.2%)
BU2B
46 (7.9%)
Clockwork Angels
85 (14.6%)
The Anarchist
44 (7.6%)
Carnies
19 (3.3%)
Halo Effect
11 (1.9%)
Seven Cities of Gold
21 (3.6%)
The Wreckers
46 (7.9%)
Headlong Flight
87 (14.9%)
BU2B2
4 (0.7%)
Wish Them Well
16 (2.7%)
The Garden
132 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 199

Author Topic: Rush v. Dirk, Pratt, & Lerxst  (Read 498026 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: Rush v. Dirk, Pratt & Lerxst
« Reply #805 on: June 01, 2013, 09:39:48 AM »
Those songs, along with The Pass, are the best ones.  I call Presto Rush's "easy listening album." :lol

On another note, after finally seeing the R30 Blu-ray, which has the entire concert (unlike the DVD), I can safely say that it is easily the 2nd best Rush live concert release since their hiatus (behind only Rio). I used to think S&A live was better, but the crowd and band are way more energetic on R30, which results in a far greater overall performance.  For whatever reason, Alex looks stoic and bored out of his mind for a lot of S&A Live, while on R30, he is smiling non-stop, moving around a lot and generally having a blast. 

I know the set list of the S&A tour was majorly awesome for most people, including myself, but a superior set list alone cannot make one concert better than another.  And I wouldn't even say that the S&A set list was better than R30, but S&A brought back a bunch of songs either never played before or not played in a long time, while R30 repeated a lot of the VT tour set list, but so what?  Any concert video that has 2112, La Villa Strangiato, By-Tor and the Snow Dog and Xanadu all played in succession is :hefdaddy :hefdaddy.

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #806 on: June 01, 2013, 10:02:54 AM »
I can't wait until this live DVD comes out.
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #807 on: June 01, 2013, 12:14:30 PM »
I just hope the night they recorded was a good vocal night for Geddy.  He really struggled at the Cleveland show for the Time Machine tour video, so hopefully them doing a show in the middle of the tour this time instead of at the end will make a difference.

Offline Lucien

« Reply #808 on: June 01, 2013, 12:19:05 PM »
On other news, new DT album is finished minus mixing, and a release date (Nov. 5th) was confirmed for Live at Luna Park.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #809 on: June 01, 2013, 12:43:26 PM »
Er, okay. :lol

Anyway, back to Rush, I saw (I think it was) Alex say in a recent interview that their record company is bugging them to do a 40th anniversary tour next year, but they will have to wait and see how they feel when this year's tour is over to see what they want to do, and then he said it would be cool if they played a song from every album.  Of course, Alex is the king of saying "We should do this" about something that never happens :lol :lol, but it is still a fun possibility to think about.  Imagine them doing a set list of one song from every album in reverse chronological order, with a R40 Overture (like they did for R30) and then a longer encore than usual.  We could see a set list like this:

Set 1
R40 Overture (instrumental medley of In the Mood, Fly by Night, Lakeside Park, Something for Nothing, A Farewell to Kings and La Villa Strangiato)
Headlong Flight
Malignant Narcissism
Vapor Trail
Test for Echo
Cold Fire
Ghost of a Chance
Available Light
Prime Mover
Manhattan Project
Distant Early Warning
Subdivisions

Set 2
Limelight
Freewill
The Trees
Xanadu
Drum Solo
2112 (full song)
Bastille Day
Beneath, Between and Behind
Working Man

Encore
Tom Sawyer
Closer to the Heart
YYZ
The Spirit of Radio

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #810 on: June 01, 2013, 04:21:21 PM »
After listening to the HD Tracks Remaster of Vapor Trails, on headphones, I've come to the conclusion that it is MUCH better than the original. I haven't had a chance to A/B the two albums yet, but I have both on my laptop in lossless format right now, so when I have free time tomorrow, I plan on doing that.

I did open "One Little Victory", both original and the HD Tracks version, in Audacity, and just looking at the waveforms, the latter has a LOT more breathing room, and not so blasted out to the edges with hot mastering.

And I just did a little drive in my car with the Wav files burned on to a CD-R, and the BASS sounds NICE on the remaster, and I can hear everything now. The drums are a little less muddied, the guitars are strong but not overbearing (unless you turn it WAY up), and the bass is what I'd expect to hear from Geddy.

More on this remaster as the days come, but I shall be enjoying VT a lot more now! :tup :metal

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Lucien

« Reply #811 on: June 01, 2013, 05:11:52 PM »
Great! Will listen to The Stars Look Down and Nocturne first

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #812 on: June 02, 2013, 06:46:45 AM »
I got the new version from iTunes a few weeks ago, and it is definitely an upgrade.  I cranked up Freeze on a drive home last night and noticed a guitar melody that had been completely buried before (in the break right before the chorus). 

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #813 on: June 02, 2013, 06:51:10 AM »
Well you both convinced me to download it now.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #814 on: June 02, 2013, 11:16:35 AM »
So I've loaded "Freeze" (and earlier OLV) into Audacity from both versions of the album and WOW... what a difference I can hear A/B'ing between the two.

The '02 version sounds muffled, like I"m listening to it in a tunnel - it's very closed-sounding. I'm not a super audiophile so I don't know how to say it in exact terms, but the '13 version is SOOOO much clearer, and the drums are crisp, and Geddy's vocals are brighter. Everything just sounds cleaner, while still sounding raw and heavy. It's just amazing what this remaster has done for the whole album!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #815 on: June 02, 2013, 11:26:03 AM »
Wishing this had a physical release, I'd gladly buy the new version and get rid of my old copy.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #816 on: June 02, 2013, 11:36:23 AM »
It's probably not worth their while to release a physical copy of it, since the number of fans who would actually spend money on another physical copy of one of their least popular albums is probably not very high.  Welcome to 2013. :lol :lol

Also, I checked out the 90-second clip of the new Carve Away the Stone remaster, hoping that they would have put the "Sisyphus" back in, but they didn't.  I still don't get why that has been taken out of every version since the original. ???

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #817 on: June 02, 2013, 11:42:26 AM »
Wishing this had a physical release, I'd gladly buy the new version and get rid of my old copy.

https://news.2112.net/2013/05/hd-tracks-of-new-rush-masters-now.html

HD TRACKS OF NEW RUSH MASTERS NOW AVAILABLE/NEW ATLANTIC-ERA REMASTERS COMING IN PHYSICAL FORMATS
Yesterday iTunes released two new Rush collections, "mastered for iTunes".  Those same collections were also released on HD Tracks: the Mercury era are offered in the same Sectors collections released on CD in 2011, while the Atlantic era is offered by the same name as the iTunes collection "The Studio Albums 1989-2007".

We have now learned that these are new remasters by Andy VanDette. To be clear, the Mercury catalog was remastered by VanDette in 2011 for the Sectors boxed sets. VanDette has now completed the rest of the Rush catalog, according to yesterday's announcement by Masterdisk:
Rush fans rejoice! Andy VanDette's highly-acclaimed remastering work for Rush continues! Andy recently completed the series of albums from 1989's "Presto" to 2007's "Snakes and Arrows." The new remasters will first see release at the Mastered for iTunes store, then HD Tracks, and later in physical formats.
Accordingly, it appears we can expect the Atlantic era to be released in physical formats soon. - Thanks to David Pressman and Steve Thorpe for the headsup!

No target date given, but I'd suspect by year's end.

-Marc.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #818 on: June 02, 2013, 01:09:41 PM »
Hmm, I wonder which album will get the 5.1 treatment is they keep with the format they used for the other sectors. Shouldn't be Snakes as it already has one, so I would think either Roll the Bones or Test for Echo would be most improved by the 5.1/
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #819 on: June 02, 2013, 01:43:21 PM »
Hmm, I wonder which album will get the 5.1 treatment is they keep with the format they used for the other sectors. Shouldn't be Snakes as it already has one, so I would think either Roll the Bones or Test for Echo would be most improved by the 5.1/

Considering it's an Atlantic release and not Mercury, I don't think it'll match or be similar to the Mercury Sectors box sets. I'm expecting the Atlantic Years box set to be released one of two ways:
-1 HUGE box set with all 7 albums
-2 Box sets that go Presto-Test For Echo, and then VT-FB-S&A.

It's unusual considering, unlike the Sectors sets, the Atlantic Years one does not (yet) include Different Stages. Then again, the other box sets' live albums all ended with single-disc live albums where as DS is a 3-disc set, so I can see why they wouldn't include it. It's also a fairly recent live album (in terms of being from the last 20 years).

Honestly, if they wanted to really sell the box set, they wouldn't include Feedback and Snakes & Arrows. They're really recent and I don't think they need a physical remaster release.

Just release a 5-disc box set from the Atlantic Years of Presto-to-Vapor Trails.

-Marc.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #820 on: June 02, 2013, 08:21:36 PM »
Um...

I'll bet you a nickel Ross Haflin took this. Too bad the guy is stuck in the '70s.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #821 on: June 02, 2013, 09:20:14 PM »
nicmos:

I remember my first listen to Counterparts on its release day.  When the bridge came in Animate and that bass came to the front, I had a huge smile on my face.  Probably the best moment on that whole album if you ask me.

I woke up wanting to hear Animate myself this morning so I popped in the Toronto show and basked in a 110 minute Counterparts Tour extravaganza.

KevShmev:

On another note, after finally seeing the R30 Blu-ray, which has the entire concert (unlike the DVD), I can safely say that it is easily the 2nd best Rush live concert release since their hiatus (behind only Rio). I used to think S&A live was better, but the crowd and band are way more energetic on R30, which results in a far greater overall performance.  For whatever reason, Alex looks stoic and bored out of his mind for a lot of S&A Live, while on R30, he is smiling non-stop, moving around a lot and generally having a blast. 

I know the set list of the S&A tour was majorly awesome for most people, including myself, but a superior set list alone cannot make one concert better than another.  And I wouldn't even say that the S&A set list was better than R30, but S&A brought back a bunch of songs either never played before or not played in a long time, while R30 repeated a lot of the VT tour set list, but so what?  Any concert video that has 2112, La Villa Strangiato, By-Tor and the Snow Dog and Xanadu all played in succession is  .

That's odd.  I think R30 is the worst concert DVD in the last 12 years. My reasoning for this is I think their performances, while solid, aren't as amazing as the other live releases during that time period.

Now, I don't have the blu-ray (Which I suppose I'll get eventually) so whatever I don't have  (Is it 6 songs?) may be up to snuff.

But aside from stellar performances of Earthshine, Red Barchetta, Roll The Bones, One Little Victory (from the Working Men set) Between The Wheels, and Overture/Temples/Xanadu, I don't they they consistently reach the high level that we've become used to over the last 12 years. (and even since the Test For Echo Tour.)

Now worst in this case isn't bad, I just don't think the performance level is as good as the others although the fun is certainly there.

Considering it's an Atlantic release and not Mercury, I don't think it'll match or be similar to the Mercury Sectors box sets. I'm expecting the Atlantic Years box set to be released one of two ways:
-1 HUGE box set with all 7 albums
-2 Box sets that go Presto-Test For Echo, and then VT-FB-S&A.

It's unusual considering, unlike the Sectors sets, the Atlantic Years one does not (yet) include Different Stages. Then again, the other box sets' live albums all ended with single-disc live albums where as DS is a 3-disc set, so I can see why they wouldn't include it. It's also a fairly recent live album (in terms of being from the last 20 years).

Honestly, if they wanted to really sell the box set, they wouldn't include Feedback and Snakes & Arrows. They're really recent and I don't think they need a physical remaster release.

Just release a 5-disc box set from the Atlantic Years of Presto-to-Vapor Trails.

-Marc.

I'm waiting for the CD.

I don't think Atlantic is going to invest too much as far as elaborate boxed sets. It would be nice if they did. Snakes and Arrows will probably just be repackaged as that was already done is they are going to follow the Sectors blueprint. (as they kind of did with the 2004 Altlantic remasters...although in true Warner-Elektra-Atlantic fashion, the artwork was subpar because they probably junked it.)

Admittedly they did do some nice work on Reptrospective 3 (and the art for Working Men was nice too).

As an aside, Different Stages is out of print for whatever reason and Roll The Bones and Counterparts have already been released on Audio Fidelity Gold disc (Roll The Bones is an improvement and I still can't make up my mind about Counterparts) with an Audio Fidelity Presto release on the way.

Offline The Curious Orange

• Lord of the Night
« Reply #822 on: June 03, 2013, 06:04:49 AM »
call Presto Rush's "easy listening album." :lol

Presto, when it came out, was the rockingest  :metal Rush album for many a year. The guitars were back to the fore, and the synths had all but disappeared. It's a shame it has that tinny, treble heavy production sound that was popular at the time but ensures that it has dated more than the earlier stuff.

Show Don't Tell, Presto, Chain Lightning, The Pass and Superconductor are stonking tracks, and the rest isn't that far behind. it's one of my favourite Rush albums. I bought the remaster a few years ago, and it didn't add anything to the original CD. Here's hoping the new version adds a little more bass so that it doesn't sound quite so bad.

Presto, like Vapor Trails, is chock full of good music, ruined by poor production decisions. Its many things, but easy listening it isn't.

Oh, and I'd be first in line to buy a properly remastered VT.
"And if love remains, though everything is lost,
We will pay the price, but we will not count the cost..."

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #823 on: June 03, 2013, 08:33:02 AM »
Personally I've always loved the sound of Presto. It's not perfect, but it fits the album. And more importantly it's different from Rush's other albums, but not in the way of being flat out bad in the way Vapor Trails was. Half the time I put Presto on it isn't for the songs, but rather for the unique sound of the album.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #824 on: June 03, 2013, 09:02:26 AM »

KevShmev:

I know the set list of the S&A tour was majorly awesome for most people, including myself, but a superior set list alone cannot make one concert better than another.  And I wouldn't even say that the S&A set list was better than R30, but S&A brought back a bunch of songs either never played before or not played in a long time, while R30 repeated a lot of the VT tour set list, but so what?  Any concert video that has 2112, La Villa Strangiato, By-Tor and the Snow Dog and Xanadu all played in succession is  .

That's odd.  I think R30 is the worst concert DVD in the last 12 years. My reasoning for this is I think their performances, while solid, aren't as amazing as the other live releases during that time period.

Now, I don't have the blu-ray (Which I suppose I'll get eventually) so whatever I don't have  (Is it 6 songs?) may be up to snuff.

But aside from stellar performances of Earthshine, Red Barchetta, Roll The Bones, One Little Victory (from the Working Men set) Between The Wheels, and Overture/Temples/Xanadu, I don't they they consistently reach the high level that we've become used to over the last 12 years. (and even since the Test For Echo Tour.)

Now worst in this case isn't bad, I just don't think the performance level is as good as the others although the fun is certainly there.

Five days ago, I would have agreed with you, but after seeing the Blu-ray, with the EIGHT songs on there that aren't on the DVD, I realized I was dead wrong.  Plus, we watched some of the S&ALive one, and there was no comparison when it came to energy (of both the band and the crowd) and excitement.  Don't get me wrong, they kick ass on S&A Live, too, but like I said before, Alex looks way too bored out of mind more often than not on that one, while he is full of energy and smiles on R30.  I know he varies from show to show in that regard in general, so R30 probably just caught him on a great night, while S&A Live did not (not from a playing standpoint, but from a visual standpoint when it comes to having fun up there). 

Presto, when it came out, was the rockingest  :metal Rush album for many a year. The guitars were back to the fore, and the synths had all but disappeared. It's a shame it has that tinny, treble heavy production sound that was popular at the time but ensures that it has dated more than the earlier stuff.

Show Don't Tell, Presto, Chain Lightning, The Pass and Superconductor are stonking tracks, and the rest isn't that far behind. it's one of my favourite Rush albums. I bought the remaster a few years ago, and it didn't add anything to the original CD. Here's hoping the new version adds a little more bass so that it doesn't sound quite so bad.

Presto, like Vapor Trails, is chock full of good music, ruined by poor production decisions. Its many things, but easy listening it isn't.

I wouldn't call Presto any more rocking than any of the synth era albums - I think some probably said that because they keys were toned way down, so the natural thought was, the guitars and the rock are back - but I called it Rush's easy listening album because of the production.  Even the most rocking songs really do not kick your ass because the production doesn't allow them to.  I agree that it does stand out in that regard - no other Rush album sounds like it.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #825 on: June 03, 2013, 09:11:24 AM »
Also, S&A Live has 11 songs that cannot be fond on any other Rush live concert video release, while R30 only has two (not counting covers), so it is easy to say that S&A Live has more rarities and a more unique set list from the standpoint of looking at the set lists on all of their other live releases, but I am talking performance and energy.  A superior set list does not always automatically equal a better show.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #826 on: June 03, 2013, 09:15:26 AM »
A superior set list does not always automatically equal a better show.

Absolutely not, but I still enjoy S&A more. While R30 remains my least favorite of the post-VT live shows, it got so much better with the Blu-Ray release a few years back and is finally in the same league as the others.

If the setlist and energy of this tour is any indication, coupled with the fact that Geddy sounds better this tour than the last three, then the new Blu-Ray is going to be the best yet.

Offline Lucien

« Reply #827 on: June 03, 2013, 12:20:23 PM »
A superior set list does not always automatically equal a better show.

Absolutely not, but I still enjoy S&A more. While R30 remains my least favorite of the post-VT live shows, it got so much better with the Blu-Ray release a few years back and is finally in the same league as the others.

If the setlist and energy of this tour is any indication, coupled with the fact that Geddy sounds better this tour than the last three, then the new Blu-Ray is going to be the best yet.

:tup

This tour's setlist was the best thing ever. It is unfortunate that there wasn't anything from Vapor Trails.

Hopefully their R42 tour (they're not doing R40) will have stuff from VT.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #828 on: June 03, 2013, 12:24:40 PM »
If the next tour goes back to VT, I just hope they treat it like Presto and make it something never played before or something that only got played on the original tour. One Little Victory, Earthshine, and Secret Touch all should stay retired.

Offline Lucien

« Reply #829 on: June 03, 2013, 12:31:46 PM »
If the next tour goes back to VT, I just hope they treat it like Presto and make it something never played before or something that only got played on the original tour. One Little Victory, Earthshine, and Secret Touch all should stay retired.

I just want Nocturne/The Stars Look Down/Freeze, easily my three favorites of the album

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #830 on: June 03, 2013, 12:56:10 PM »
Gimme Vapor Trail, Freeze or How It Is, and I'll be happy.  I would say Nocturne, too, but I suspect that is one of the songs they alluded to as being unplayable thanks to the countless overdubs/guitar layering (along with Peaceable Kingdom). 

The Stars Look Down would be awful live.  The verses are already clunky enough, and I doubt they'd be able to do the chorus, the obvious strength of the song, justice live.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #831 on: June 03, 2013, 01:22:15 PM »
Of the unplayed songs, I think the title track would come across the best live now.

Online Mladen

« Reply #832 on: June 03, 2013, 01:52:37 PM »
I love that album, but now that I think about it, I can't really imagine most of the songs being played live. Songs like Peaceable kingdom would hardly work, especially with those huge vocals and guitars. The four songs they picked for Rush in Rio are terrific, wouldn't mind catching any of those live. But as for the unplayed ones, I have no idea... Maybe Ceiling unlimited?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #833 on: June 03, 2013, 01:55:59 PM »
Ceiling Unlimited was in regular rotation for the entire VT tour; it was rotated with Ghost Rider.  It was simply the odd song out for the Rio show.

Check that: it looks like Ghost Rider was played at all three shows in Brazil in 2002.  Just like The Trees and Closer to the Heart replaced Between Sun and Moon and Vital Signs at those shows (which made sense, since Brazil rarely gets Rush down there, so it made sense to play those classics).

Online Mladen

« Reply #834 on: June 03, 2013, 02:22:50 PM »
Oh, I didn't know that. Ghost rider works fantastic on that DVD.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #835 on: June 03, 2013, 05:03:08 PM »
Of the unplayed songs, I think the title track would come across the best live now.

Alex with the double neck would be awesome.

Ceiling Unlimited was played early on the tour, (I saw it on the opening night of the VT tour)  but I believe over the course of that tour they stopped the rotation with GW and they went with GW on every show.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #836 on: June 03, 2013, 10:36:30 PM »
I think Alex said at one point that the double neck is too hard on his back now, so I doubt we will ever see it again. :(

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #837 on: June 06, 2013, 09:06:24 PM »

KevShmev:

Five days ago, I would have agreed with you, but after seeing the Blu-ray, with the EIGHT songs on there that aren't on the DVD, I realized I was dead wrong.  Plus, we watched some of the S&ALive one, and there was no comparison when it came to energy (of both the band and the crowd) and excitement.  Don't get me wrong, they kick ass on S&A Live, too, but like I said before, Alex looks way too bored out of mind more often than not on that one, while he is full of energy and smiles on R30.  I know he varies from show to show in that regard in general, so R30 probably just caught him on a great night, while S&A Live did not (not from a playing standpoint, but from a visual standpoint when it comes to having fun up there).

I guess until I hear/see those songs, I'll leave it open to further evaluation.  While I love to see Alex smile as much as the next guy, I'd rather hear/see some inspired playing which doesn't appear to be the case on a consistent basis on the original issue of the show. I'm grateful that the version of Red Barchetta is one of the best I've ever heard and Secret Touch is pretty amazing too. But to me the handful of top notch performances doesn't make it a go to DVD for me (Well, except for the bonus features) I suppose top notch versions of the missing songs (and One Little victory is certainly one of those) would change my mind, but I haven't seen it yet.  Based on what I have seen/heard, they don't really kick it into gear until Dreamline in the second set.  Listen to the Camden, N.J. for a better consistent performance.

I wouldn't call Presto any more rocking than any of the synth era albums - I think some probably said that because they keys were toned way down, so the natural thought was, the guitars and the rock are back - but I called it Rush's easy listening album because of the production.  Even the most rocking songs really do not kick your ass because the production doesn't allow them to.  I agree that it does stand out in that regard - no other Rush album sounds like it.

It took quite a while for Presto to get out from the shadow called When Dream and Day Unite. That didn't help it in my case but it's definately a fave.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #838 on: June 07, 2013, 12:21:54 PM »
The presence of the R30 Overture alone makes R30 great.  I think I had forgotten how great that medley was.  And frankly, I don't know why they don't do that type of medley on every tour.  It is obvious that Geddy cannot sing a lot of those old songs anymore, but doing instrumental medleys of those 70s songs would at least be throwing a bone to fans who long to hear the band play some of that material again. 

Online Mladen

« Reply #839 on: June 08, 2013, 03:30:44 AM »
I attended a Rush show in Berlin two days ago, and it was the best concert I've ever seen. It was also the peak of my concert insanity, being that never had I traveled such a long distance in order to see a band - not to mention that it wasn't too cheap, but man, was such a once in a lifetime experience worth it or what? Kudos to Rush, they set the bar as high as possible.

Set list:
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/rush/2013/o2-world-berlin-germany-2bd9f06a.html