Poll

What are the 3 best songs on Clockwork Angels?

Caravan
71 (12.2%)
BU2B
46 (7.9%)
Clockwork Angels
85 (14.6%)
The Anarchist
44 (7.6%)
Carnies
19 (3.3%)
Halo Effect
11 (1.9%)
Seven Cities of Gold
21 (3.6%)
The Wreckers
46 (7.9%)
Headlong Flight
87 (14.9%)
BU2B2
4 (0.7%)
Wish Them Well
16 (2.7%)
The Garden
132 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 199

Author Topic: Rush v. Dirk, Pratt, & Lerxst  (Read 497841 times)

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
Re: Rush v. Dirk, Pratt & Lerxst
« Reply #735 on: May 05, 2013, 03:28:49 AM »
Didn't realize there were still some Rush virgins around here.
*raises hand* and I will probably remain such until they show up here, which is not likely to happen. The only band for which I'd be able to overcome my fear of traveling long distances is Dream Theater. And they won't even be touring Europe until late this year or early next year and I am already preparing myself mentally for that because I need all that time to prepare :lol

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline philmcson

« Reply #736 on: May 05, 2013, 07:28:59 AM »
*raises hand* and I will probably remain such until they show up here, which is not likely to happen. The only band for which I'd be able to overcome my fear of traveling long distances is Dream Theater. And they won't even be touring Europe until late this year or early next year and I am already preparing myself mentally for that because I need all that time to prepare :lol

So, someone's going to miss the Maiden show in Zagreb....  ::) :facepalm:

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #737 on: May 05, 2013, 08:25:38 AM »

So, someone's going to miss the Maiden show in Zagreb....  ::) :facepalm:
That one is not up to me, but up to my friends :lol

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

Offline The King in Crimson

• Stuck in a glass dome since 1914!
  • Mr. Sandman, Give Me A Dream
« Reply #738 on: May 05, 2013, 11:22:10 AM »
Wow!

Didn't realize there were still some Rush virgins around here. Have fun guys. Every show is special.
I'm seeing Rush for the first time this summer too.

I've always been kinda put off by A) how expensive Rush usually is (for decent seats) plus, B) fact that I'm pretty slow at buying tickets so I'm usually stuck with paying over $100+ for fairly terrible seats and C) I can never seem to get anyone to go along with me.

Thankfully, this year I managed to get someone to tag along with me and find some seats that, while not good, weren't terrible and certainly weren't terribly expensive.

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #739 on: May 05, 2013, 04:34:40 PM »
I didn't see Rush until the Time Machine tour.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #740 on: May 05, 2013, 04:47:36 PM »
I didn't see Rush until 1984. :biggrin:
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #741 on: May 05, 2013, 04:49:31 PM »
 :lol

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #742 on: May 05, 2013, 04:57:44 PM »
I didn't see Rush until the Time Machine tour.

ditto

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
  • Streams of Light Unite With Water
« Reply #743 on: May 05, 2013, 05:16:43 PM »
I didn't see Rush until the Clockwork Angels tour.
Perhaps you should ask bosk to reverse the "e" and "a" in the second half of your user name.
Cedar redaC swoops in for the kill!

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #744 on: May 05, 2013, 07:58:49 PM »
I didn't see Rush until the Hemispheres tour.

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #745 on: May 06, 2013, 07:23:13 AM »
I wasn't obsessed with Rush until after my Time Machine (my first) concert.
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #746 on: May 06, 2013, 08:17:24 AM »
I didn't see Rush until the Roll the Bones tour.  And have been obsessed ever since. :biggrin:

Offline jammindude

« Reply #747 on: May 06, 2013, 03:46:57 PM »

With an emphatic greener than Kermit jealousy, I freaking HATE you right now...

;)

I was 9 years old when that tour happened.    I wouldn't even discover them until I was 12 (with MP) and not see them live until the Power Window tour when I was 16.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #748 on: May 06, 2013, 03:54:23 PM »
Yeah, I was just being a dick there.  People were saying how they hadn't seen Rush until relatively recently, and I saw them before some people here were even born.  Fogies have to get their kicks where they can find them.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #749 on: May 06, 2013, 04:34:51 PM »
This fogey is still jealous.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #750 on: May 07, 2013, 12:33:48 AM »
Yeah, I was just being a dick there.  People were saying how they hadn't seen Rush until relatively recently, and I saw them before some people here were even born.  Fogies have to get their kicks where they can find them.
You haven't only seen them before I was born, you've seen them more-years-than-I-am-actually-old-right-now-before I was born :metal

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #751 on: May 07, 2013, 02:22:06 AM »
You haven't only seen them before I was born, you've seen them more-years-than-I-am-actually-old-right-now-before I was born :metal

My brain hurts. Thanks, Milena.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #752 on: May 07, 2013, 02:29:11 AM »

My brain hurts. Thanks, Milena.
I can make your brain hurt any time, sweetie :angel:

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #753 on: May 07, 2013, 02:30:33 AM »
:zydarscouch:
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #754 on: May 07, 2013, 02:31:57 AM »
Actually Hemispheres was only 14ish years before you were born. Hope I eased some of that envy for ya :tup
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #755 on: May 07, 2013, 02:52:04 AM »
Actually Hemispheres was only 14ish years before you were born. Hope I eased some of that envy for ya :tup
... to my defense, when I opened the door to a dude who rang this morning, I said "good evening".

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #756 on: May 07, 2013, 11:47:12 PM »
JUST got home not long ago, so here's my thoughts about the show tonight:
-THEY WERE TIGHT! And not just the band themselves, but the string ensemble too. Every song was perfectly executed, barring a few wrong chords in one or two songs.
-Neil's solos were amazing, and you can tell he's loosened up quite a lot. I think he's also changed them a bit since the last leg.
-Geddy's voice was great, he sounded on the top of his game! He also wore an Orioles shirt during the first set, much to the surprise and joy of Baltimore fans!
-LOVED Alex's solo before "Halo Effect". Very 'pretty'.
-Watching nearly EVERYONE in the arena clapping along to TSOR was just awe-inspiring!

I had to leave before the encore because my ride wasn't feeling well, but in turn, she bought me a sweet 2013 Tour t-shirt! So all was forgiven :lol Those shirts were expensive! Yeesh...

Well, being my first Rush show, I can say I was not at ALL disappointed. They played "Bravado", "Manhattan Project", "Subdivisions", and 9 CA songs. I'm quite happy with the set list we got tonight! I don't mind having TBE over "Middletown Dreams", mostly because we got MP over "Dreamline".

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #757 on: May 08, 2013, 04:04:16 AM »
^^^ That's pretty much exactly how I felt after I saw them on the CA tour

Pretty amazing that a band almost 40 years into their career can still give me an awesome album and one of the best shows of my life.

Offline The Curious Orange

• Lord of the Night
« Reply #758 on: May 08, 2013, 06:04:26 AM »
Any information regarding their new live (Clockwork Angels) dvd?

It was due out sometime this summer, however the band announced more dates for 2013, so its now been delayed until after the tour ends.
"And if love remains, though everything is lost,
We will pay the price, but we will not count the cost..."

Online ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #759 on: May 08, 2013, 10:55:06 AM »
Show in Raleigh was freaking baller. If I'm being honest, the selfish, ungrateful side of me wishes they would have played some more classic material. Because they only played like five classics, it was only a 10/10 show, instead of an 11/10.

OH YEA AND THEY PLAYED 2112 AHHH

I was at this show, too.  My wife and I took our daughter, for whom this was her first rock concert. 

Offline snowdog

« Reply #760 on: May 08, 2013, 01:47:38 PM »
I didn't see Rush until the Roll the Bones tour.  And have been obsessed ever since. :biggrin:
I first saw them on the Presto tour but feel pretty much the same.  It's funny looking back.  I remember when I saw them back then thinking how glad I was to see them with them being in the later stages of their career.  23 years later they are still around and going strong.  I'm really looking forward to their show in Denver in August.

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #761 on: May 08, 2013, 03:18:53 PM »
I first saw them on the Presto tour but feel pretty much the same.  It's funny looking back.  I remember when I saw them back then thinking how glad I was to see them with them being in the later stages of their career.  23 years later they are still around and going strong.  I'm really looking forward to their show in Denver in August.

I might end up going to Denver as well. With that setlist, and them playing Red Sector A w/ strings is too good too miss.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Mister Gold

• The Makers of Our Own Destiny
  • Human
« Reply #762 on: May 08, 2013, 03:57:17 PM »
Show in Raleigh was freaking baller. If I'm being honest, the selfish, ungrateful side of me wishes they would have played some more classic material. Because they only played like five classics, it was only a 10/10 show, instead of an 11/10.

OH YEA AND THEY PLAYED 2112 AHHH

I was at this show, too.  My wife and I took our daughter, for whom this was her first rock concert.

Also at this show. And your daughter had one amazing first rock concert, man! :metal
Beyond the limits of the mortal frame
To the farthest boundary of eternity
Where I, the Cosmic Sea
Watch the little ego floating in me.

Offline Lucien

« Reply #763 on: May 08, 2013, 05:35:04 PM »
I'm actually happier that they didn't go nostalgia on us, because they've said that they wouldn't be a nostalgia act until they've stopped making albums. Also they have said they won't stop making albums until they physically can't.

Offline ColdFireYYZ

« Reply #764 on: May 09, 2013, 11:00:50 PM »
I saw my fourth Rush concert tonight (been a pretty proggy week with RoSFest and now Rush!) and they were as great as I expected them to be. I got The Pass and Dreamline this show, while last fall I got Bravado and Manhattan Project. I haven't been following the setlist changes, so both songs were pleasant surprises, especially The Pass. Where's My Thing? finally completely grabbed me, and I really loved seeing it this time. Since I loved Clockwork Angels, I was very happy hearing those songs again. The one new song that I didn't enjoy live was Wish Them Well. We didn't get that song at my last show, and I thought it would be great live but it just didn't really work for me. Otherewise, minor nitpicky details aside, it was an all-around great show, and the three hours flew by as always. This was my mom's first Rush show, and even though she didn't like all the songs, she said she enjoyed it mostly because of Neil.  :metal

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #765 on: May 10, 2013, 03:02:05 PM »
I've seen the A setlist twice now and the B setlist once, so come Hershey next month I'm hoping for the B (your) setlist again.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #766 on: May 12, 2013, 03:18:12 PM »

Power Windows Tour for me and I've been making up for lost time ever since.

I passed on the planned AC show for a number of reasons. No decent seats for decent prices, eight hours in the car round trip with a low grade fever and a sinus infection.

Of course the final nail in tne coffin was the predicted expectaion that I'd hear Limelight in set.

It's all good though. I WILL have a fantastic affordable seat for Hershey and maybe have enough money for some more swag.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #767 on: May 12, 2013, 03:34:24 PM »
How is Limelight a deal breaker? It's a great song, but I'm sure you've heard it 23525 times live already and chances are it will come back every night on future tours before they stop.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Lucien

« Reply #768 on: May 12, 2013, 05:10:47 PM »
How is Limelight a deal breaker? It's a great song, but I'm sure you've heard it 23525 times live already and chances are it will come back every night on future tours before they stop.

This.

Offline masterthes

« Reply #769 on: May 14, 2013, 06:39:50 AM »
did they play all of 2112?