Poll

What are the 3 best songs on Clockwork Angels?

Caravan
71 (12.2%)
BU2B
46 (7.9%)
Clockwork Angels
85 (14.6%)
The Anarchist
44 (7.6%)
Carnies
19 (3.3%)
Halo Effect
11 (1.9%)
Seven Cities of Gold
21 (3.6%)
The Wreckers
46 (7.9%)
Headlong Flight
87 (14.9%)
BU2B2
4 (0.7%)
Wish Them Well
16 (2.7%)
The Garden
132 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 199

Author Topic: Rush v. Dirk, Pratt, & Lerxst  (Read 493997 times)

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: Rush v. Dirk, Pratt & Lerxst
« Reply #351 on: November 14, 2012, 01:23:23 PM »
Good to see two shows being filmed.  Hopefully, this means that the songs being rotated will all be included.  :hat

Offline dbrooks22

• Facilities Manager
« Reply #352 on: November 14, 2012, 01:26:24 PM »
Is anyone going to the Las Vegas show? We could do dinner or something before the show if anyone is interested.

Thanks for planting that seed in my mind.  Now i'm scanning airfare and tickets for next weekend...

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #353 on: November 14, 2012, 02:30:46 PM »
Good to see two shows being filmed.  Hopefully, this means that the songs being rotated will all be included.  :hat

I hope this means we get ALL of the songs played this tour (well, almost all of them) on the CD set, in a mixed-set format, and not "here's one whole show on 3 CDs with the alternate-night tracks tacked on at the end" format, a la Rush In Rio.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #354 on: November 14, 2012, 04:10:45 PM »
I don't care about the CDs, but if they include all of the songs on the DVD, I hope they include them all in the running order instead of tacking a few on as bonus tracks.  Instead of, for example, putting Dreamline on the regular second set running order, and then Manhattan Project as a bonus feature, just put them back to back like they were played that way (even though we know they weren't).

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
  • Streams of Light Unite With Water
« Reply #355 on: November 14, 2012, 04:22:32 PM »
Is anyone going to the Las Vegas show? We could do dinner or something before the show if anyone is interested.

Thanks for planting that seed in my mind.  Now i'm scanning airfare and tickets for next weekend...

Best of luck! Given that it is a holiday weekend, it'll probably be tough. Still, hope you can make it!
Perhaps you should ask bosk to reverse the "e" and "a" in the second half of your user name.
Cedar redaC swoops in for the kill!

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #356 on: November 14, 2012, 04:25:46 PM »
I don't care about the CDs, but if they include all of the songs on the DVD, I hope they include them all in the running order instead of tacking a few on as bonus tracks.  Instead of, for example, putting Dreamline on the regular second set running order, and then Manhattan Project as a bonus feature, just put them back to back like they were played that way (even though we know they weren't).

Pretty much what I meant for the CDs, but I hope they do the same for the live show. And the shows are far enough apart from each other that they can do their laundry and wear the same exact clothes for both shows.

I'm hoping that, since they're performing 10 out of 12 songs from the new album that they order the songs closer to the album order than they have been doing in the show itself. Then again, I can always hope that, for one or both of those two shows that they play the WHOLE ALBUM live. What a treat THAT would be!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #357 on: November 14, 2012, 04:29:34 PM »
Or at least play the whole album over the course of both nights.
Perhaps you should ask bosk to reverse the "e" and "a" in the second half of your user name.

Offline dbrooks22

• Facilities Manager
« Reply #358 on: November 14, 2012, 04:33:04 PM »
Looks like the Wreckers is getting more radio play.  #5 this week

https://www.fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=255612

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #359 on: November 14, 2012, 04:46:30 PM »
I've heard it a few times on the radio.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #360 on: November 14, 2012, 05:02:06 PM »
Rush always has that one song made for radio and The Wreckers is perfect for that.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline dbrooks22

• Facilities Manager
« Reply #361 on: November 14, 2012, 05:06:40 PM »
First time i heard the Wreckers, i thought "This is the best Rush song in 20yrs."

My next thought: "This could be the first new Rush song in a long time to get serious commercial airplay."

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #362 on: November 14, 2012, 05:10:58 PM »
Felt the same about,

Nobody's Hero
Half The World
How It Is
The Larger Bowl
The Wreckers
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline dbrooks22

• Facilities Manager
« Reply #363 on: November 14, 2012, 05:15:55 PM »
Ha! 

I haven't felt that way about anything they've released since i started listening to Rush 20+yrs ago.  Maybe Dreamline, but that's about it...

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #364 on: November 14, 2012, 05:19:47 PM »
Rush always had that formula of releasing a rocker as the radio single.  I love Dreamline and Force Ten.  But they always have that one, super hook ladened song.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #365 on: November 14, 2012, 09:43:23 PM »
I remember when Nobody's Hero came out, I thought, "Wow, that song is gonna get played to death on the radio, and it will be a live mainstay for years."  I was right about the former, but wrong about the latter.  In retrospect, I think the lyrics that start off the song are a bit too in-your-face and/or honest for some, but I still think the song is catchy as all get-out. 

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #366 on: November 14, 2012, 10:00:03 PM »
I remember when Nobody's Hero came out, I thought, "Wow, that song is gonna get played to death on the radio, and it will be a live mainstay for years."  I was right about the former, but wrong about the latter.  In retrospect, I think the lyrics that start off the song are a bit too in-your-face and/or honest for some, but I still think the song is catchy as all get-out.

After they did "Resist" as an acoustic-set piece, I have always had hopes that "Nobody's Hero" would follow suit, but unfortunately, that has not yet come to pass. :'( It would make a great piece for that sort of mini-set. I think on the next tour they should bring back the acoustic-set and do 2-to-4 songs this time around, or maybe some sort of mini-medley of acoustic songs that heavily feature acoustic guitar?

-Marc.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #367 on: November 14, 2012, 10:05:36 PM »
I don't think Nobody's Hero will ever come back.  I suspect it is too difficult for Geddy to sing the "But he/she nobody's hero!" line that leads into the choruses.  If you listen to Different Stages, he struggled with it a bit back then, and that was 15 years ago, so it won't be any better now, and considering the bulk of that line is just Geddy's naked voice, with no musical accompaniment, I think that is now viewed as a song too difficult to vocally do justice (though they'd never come out and say it).  Besides, considering how prevalent strings are in that song, if they were ever gonna play it again, it would have been on this tour, I think.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #368 on: November 14, 2012, 10:08:36 PM »
Besides, considering how prevalent strings are in that song, if they were ever gonna play it again, it would have been on this tour, I think.

When news of touring with a string section broke, I immediately thought of this song as a great piece for them to play, but unfortunately, this was a missed opportunity. And you're right about that vocal line, might be too hard for Geddy now.

I suppose we can always hope for other not-so-common songs on future tours from their 90's-to-now albums, especially other tracks off CP and VT.

-Marc.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #369 on: November 15, 2012, 03:49:45 PM »

-Marc.

Offline theseoafs

• When the lights go down in the city, and the sun shines on the bayyyyy
  • Hello! My name is Elder Price
« Reply #370 on: November 15, 2012, 04:34:45 PM »
What is that?

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #371 on: November 15, 2012, 05:06:47 PM »
What is that?

It looks like the cover art of a 5.1 mastering of 2112. I'd get it.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #372 on: November 15, 2012, 09:34:48 PM »
That's exactly what it is.

Online fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #373 on: November 16, 2012, 12:46:01 AM »
I don't see the need to make a brand new album cover when the original is perfectly fine.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #374 on: November 16, 2012, 05:29:02 AM »
It would most likely be a slip cover over the original, which is perfectly normal.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #375 on: November 16, 2012, 09:29:54 AM »
I really dig it. It's got a real spacey vibe to it.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #376 on: November 16, 2012, 09:44:25 AM »

More on the various editions of this upcoming release.

-Marc.

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #377 on: November 16, 2012, 11:52:14 AM »
:drool:

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #378 on: November 16, 2012, 05:49:22 PM »
I really like the looks of that super deluxe edition.  Man, am I a sucker for this kind of stuff.

Offline dbrooks22

• Facilities Manager
« Reply #379 on: November 20, 2012, 12:41:25 PM »
The Wreckers is up to #4 now on the charts...

https://www.fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=255612

Headed to the Vegas show on Friday.  Cedar redaC is going - let us know if anyone else can make it!  Still seeing good single seats out there...

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #380 on: November 23, 2012, 10:41:15 PM »
I really like the looks of that super deluxe edition.  Man, am I a sucker for this kind of stuff.

I'm going to guess Hugh Syme had nothing to do with this. I'll be buying because of the three live bonus tracks (from 1980 and 1981) and in spite of that cover. (I'll also be getting the Counterparts gold disc and the latest tribute album.)

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #381 on: November 24, 2012, 01:24:18 AM »
The Las Vegas gig was so tight! I didn't get to see DBrooks22 but it was an amazing show. An amazing setlist, an amazing band, a fantastic night!

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #382 on: November 24, 2012, 06:29:18 PM »

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #383 on: November 24, 2012, 06:37:01 PM »
Here is the setlist. Such a great show!

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/rush/2012/mgm-grand-garden-arena-las-vegas-nv-73dada85.html

Nice set list, but I really, Really, REALLY, *REALLY* hope they don't play "Limelight" at either Phoenix or Dallas shows. We've had "Limelight" on nearly EVERY live album/video since MP came out in 1981, and we've never had "Middletown Dreams" OR "The Body Electric" on ANY live album/video.

-Marc.

Online fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #384 on: November 24, 2012, 06:59:22 PM »
Here is the setlist. Such a great show!

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/rush/2012/mgm-grand-garden-arena-las-vegas-nv-73dada85.html

Nice set list, but I really, Really, REALLY, *REALLY* hope they don't play "Limelight" at either Phoenix or Dallas shows. We've had "Limelight" on nearly EVERY live album/video since MP came out in 1981, and we've never had "Middletown Dreams" OR "The Body Electric" on ANY live album/video.

-Marc.

THIS!