Poll

What are the 3 best songs on Clockwork Angels?

Caravan
71 (12.2%)
BU2B
46 (7.9%)
Clockwork Angels
85 (14.6%)
The Anarchist
44 (7.6%)
Carnies
19 (3.3%)
Halo Effect
11 (1.9%)
Seven Cities of Gold
21 (3.6%)
The Wreckers
46 (7.9%)
Headlong Flight
87 (14.9%)
BU2B2
4 (0.7%)
Wish Them Well
16 (2.7%)
The Garden
132 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 199

Author Topic: Rush v. Dirk, Pratt, & Lerxst  (Read 494240 times)

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Rush v. Dirk, Pratt & Lerxst
« Reply #245 on: October 15, 2012, 09:53:00 AM »
That was cool :tup
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #246 on: October 16, 2012, 04:32:03 PM »
AWE SWEET!!  My Buddy has an extra ticket for Rush next Wednesday!!  I'm in!!  That will make it # 30!! :metal
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #247 on: October 18, 2012, 08:00:39 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzBCUIHE7zc&feature=share
That is fucking awesome.

HOLY... THAT was amazing! Thanks for sharing that!!! How have I NOT seen that yet?!

-Marc.

I was third row center for that --- October 18, 2008. Four years ago tonight!

Buddy Rich Memorial Concert in New York. Great memories!

Offline Scard

• Custom Title
  • RORORO
« Reply #248 on: October 18, 2012, 08:17:41 PM »
Saw them at the second Toronto show for the first time ever. (I've been a fan for years, it was long overdue to go see them live) What a show! Makes me proud to say I'm a fellow Canadian and live in the same city as most of these guys!

Offline Scrub206

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #249 on: October 21, 2012, 01:18:25 AM »
If there is a band out there that can still make god tier set lists ... its fucking rush \m/  Just got back from the Prudential show and holy hell was it amazing. First off what an INCREDIBLE setlist imo. (On my phone cbf to type it all.) Second we were originally about 5 rows from the wall on the veryyyyy top level.. we got upgraded for free to 23rd row from the stage on the floor. It was one hell of a show. Third.... they put on a flawless performance as usual \m/

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #250 on: October 21, 2012, 02:41:51 AM »
Awesome, how did you get the upgrade?

Offline Scrub206

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #251 on: October 21, 2012, 09:06:35 AM »
we were walking back to the first floor and my girlfriend saw some people talking to a guy that worked here. she walked up to him, didnt say anything, and he turned to us and was all like  "you guys want upgrades?" so obviously we said yes and moved to the floor. it was amazing.  My girlfriend was getting hardcore vertigo and couldn't sit where our tickets were so this actually saved the night.

Offline njdtfan

« Reply #252 on: October 21, 2012, 07:47:22 PM »
i was there as well. I have seen Rush over 40 times. Maybe the best I have ever seen them. I am hubled to have been there.
Life's biggest battles
Often are fought alone
My spirit brings me home

Offline Scrub206

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #253 on: October 23, 2012, 08:24:12 PM »

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #254 on: October 24, 2012, 05:31:46 AM »
https://www.progrockmag.com/news/rush-orchestral-record-features-marillions-steve-rothery/

Rush are the subject of tribute album The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra Plays The Music of Rush, featuring a guest appearance by Marillion guitarist Steve Rothery, due out on November 13.

Plus Adrian Smith on Red Barchetta  :metal

01. 2112 Overture
02. The Spirit Of Radio
03. Tom Sawyer
04. Red Barchetta (featuring Adrian Smith)
05. Subdivisions
06. Fly By Night
07. Closer To The Heart
08. Limelight
09. Working Man (featuring Steve Rothery)
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
  • Streams of Light Unite With Water
« Reply #255 on: October 24, 2012, 08:09:13 AM »
 :corn
Perhaps you should ask bosk to reverse the "e" and "a" in the second half of your user name.
Cedar redaC swoops in for the kill!

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #256 on: October 24, 2012, 09:40:20 AM »
That sounds very interesting

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #257 on: October 24, 2012, 09:32:00 PM »
Just got back from the Boston show. Good stuff, but I have to be honest, there's a good chance that was my last  Rush show. In the end I really just stick it out until they play their old stuff because I don't like their new stuff all that much, and shelling out $100 for songs that I've heard them play numerous times before is just not worth it. Nothing wrong with the guys, the price tag has just exceeded my enjoyment of their music.
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #258 on: October 24, 2012, 09:33:12 PM »
Are you on crack?

I mean if you don't like the new stuff that's obviously going to suck, but aside from that the set was the freshest of the last two decades.

Now this will vary for a "b" night setlist, here is an exceprt from my review: "For those without a penchant for statistics, skip this paragraph! To recap, Rush bookmarked the first set with songs played the last two tours, but other than that, here are the rest of the songs with the last year they were played (in a full tour) in parenthesis. The Big Money (02), Force Ten (04), Grand Designs (86), The Body Electric (84), Territories (88), The Analog Kid (94), Bravado (04), and Where’s My Thing? (92)."

In addition the B setlist had The Pass (02) and Middltown Dreams (86 I think).
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #259 on: October 25, 2012, 05:39:07 AM »
Glad to see the B set last night.  First of the tour that they didn't go between A and B.  I didn't think they would but because of the Manchester NH show they did two B-sets on a row!!  Very happy.  I am gassed though.  Working on 4 hours of sleep.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #260 on: October 25, 2012, 05:50:20 AM »
Glad to see the B set last night.  First of the tour that they didn't go between A and B.  I didn't think they would but because of the Manchester NH show they did two B-sets on a row!!  Very happy.  I am gassed though.  Working on 4 hours of sleep.
Suck it up cupcake! Its Rush, and it is worth it! :metal

I loved the set list! :tup
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #261 on: October 25, 2012, 06:59:59 AM »
Dammit Tick, I'm getting old. :lol

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #262 on: October 25, 2012, 06:27:48 PM »
The Garden
BU2B
The Wreckers

Tough choices because this is the best Rush album I've heard in nearly 20 years.   :hefdaddy
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #263 on: October 27, 2012, 11:15:12 AM »
Looks like Rush played Limelight in the Body Electric/Middletown Dreams slot last night in Buffalo.  And online Rush fans everywhere bitched... :lol :lol :lol

Also, some great videos from the Chicago show courtesy of a guy with the username Gene Sisson at youtube. 

Clockwork Angels: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-Z0xijcOks&feature=relmfu

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #264 on: October 27, 2012, 11:26:32 AM »
Looks like Rush played Limelight in the Body Electric/Middletown Dreams slot last night in Buffalo.  And online Rush fans everywhere bitched... :lol :lol :lol

Also, some great videos from the Chicago show courtesy of a guy with the username Gene Sisson at youtube. 

Clockwork Angels: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-Z0xijcOks&feature=relmfu

I saw the set list picture they (Rush) posted on FB last night. WTH?! :rollin

Looks like they're REALLY mixing it up this year. There was an opening night set list seen with "Limelight" in the encore, after "Tom Sawyer" and before "The Spirit Of Radio", making for a 3-song encore of about the same length as it is now with TS/2112. I guess they REALLY wanted to bring it back, but to replace TBE and MD?! Weird... would've been better to replace TSOR at the end of the 2nd set, maybe? Or replace TS in the encore?

If it were me, I wouldn't TOUCH the rotation of TBE/MD, but then again, they messed with the set the other night and didn't swap in "Wish Them Well"...

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #265 on: October 27, 2012, 03:34:48 PM »
Oh man, if I had been following the tour and god TBE or Middletown switched out for any of the same old hits I'd be piiiiiisssed. I mean still pleased as hell about the overall tour set, but pissed about that instance.
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #266 on: October 29, 2012, 02:28:13 AM »
Yeeeaaaahhhh kinda pissed they threw Limelight in there.....was hoping it would stay retired for this tour. Same goes for Freewill.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #267 on: October 29, 2012, 05:12:10 AM »
Wait, did they throw Freewill into the set?

Offline chaotic_ripper

« Reply #268 on: October 29, 2012, 05:24:01 AM »
Maybe he meant Spirit.  I haven't seen Freewill pop up yet.

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #269 on: October 29, 2012, 11:56:21 AM »
No, I mean I was hoping Limelight and Freewill would stay out this tour completely. Freewill has, so far.

Offline dbrooks22

• Facilities Manager
« Reply #270 on: October 31, 2012, 07:18:34 AM »
I have been avoiding all Rush threads since the start of the tour, as i wanted to be completely surprised at the setlist.  Some notes:

1)  Hopefully now you all will have some appreciation for my avatar :)

2)  Geddy sounded GREAT.  I was VERY surprised at how well he was singing.  And everyone's playing was as good as i've ever seen them.

3)  HOLY SETLIST!!!  Aside from Far Cry, the first set was ALL between Signals and RTB, which is my absolute FAVORITE period of Rush!!!  I couldn't believe it - totally unexpected and overwhelmed.  Friggin Body Electric!  Force Ten!!!  GRAND DESIGNS!!!!!  It felt like they were playing for me personally.  Wow.  I'm still in shock.

All things considered, last night in Charlotte I think was probably the best Rush show i've ever attended.  The place was electric. 

Offline AngelBack

• I'm officially a lard......
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Why you want beef with broccoli ?
« Reply #271 on: October 31, 2012, 12:33:59 PM »
Will be seeing them tomorrow night in Atlanta.  Can't really remember how many times I have seen them (every tour since late 70's), but this one will be special as my 12 year old son will be attending his very first concert.  Guess I'll take him to DT next time and he will be ruined for life.

But the arc of your life will still be profound

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #272 on: November 01, 2012, 10:25:28 AM »
Anyone else read the Clockwork Angels novel?  If so, did you like/dislike it?  I started it last night.  It seems very well-written.
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #273 on: November 01, 2012, 10:29:35 AM »
I'm the opposite.  :D

I just read the preview and thought it was forced and poorly written. The lyrics used in the text just feel so forced that it takes me out of the book.

If you need a sleeping pill, listen to NP's audiobook version. Love the guy and when he speaks, but man... Hope you enjoy it though
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline dbrooks22

• Facilities Manager
« Reply #274 on: November 06, 2012, 11:16:27 AM »
Anyone know if there are plans for a CD/DVD of this tour?  This is the first one i actually want to buy since R30.

Offline Scard

• Custom Title
  • RORORO
« Reply #275 on: November 06, 2012, 11:43:07 AM »
It seemed like they were filming when I was at the second Toronto Show. Also, the day between the 2 Toronto shows they had the ACC booked for filming but there was no show.

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #276 on: November 06, 2012, 12:55:18 PM »
Anyone know if there are plans for a CD/DVD of this tour?  This is the first one i actually want to buy since R30.

Seriously? Time Machine was GOLD!!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #277 on: November 06, 2012, 12:57:03 PM »
I have not heard of any concrete plans so of yet, but I pretty much figure they will release one from every tour until the day they die/retire, and given how much they love the new album combined with the fact that they are playing almost all of it, there is no way they don't record a show for a DVD/Blu-Ray release.

Offline dbrooks22

• Facilities Manager
« Reply #278 on: November 06, 2012, 01:06:23 PM »

Meh... too many of the same old songs for me.  Camera Eye, Presto, Marathon were highlights, but the rest of the setlist was pretty routine.

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #279 on: November 06, 2012, 01:30:41 PM »

Meh... too many of the same old songs for me.  Camera Eye, Presto, Marathon were highlights, but the rest of the setlist was pretty routine.

True, but I thought the light show was a treat in itself.