Author Topic: A Crazy Day at Home Yesterday  (Read 1106 times)

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
A Crazy Day at Home Yesterday
« on: June 05, 2014, 05:47:29 AM »
I live in Milford Connecticut. About a month and a half ago a teen, Maran Sanchez was stabbed and killed by a boy in the hallway of my high school Alma mater. That school is a half mile from my home. At that time I said evil keeps getting closer to my doorstep.
Well yesterday it got even closer. Two streets away from me yesterday another event took place.
Wednesday is my day off and being home I experienced something very surreal unfold.
At around 12:20pm I started to see cops flying up and down my street. I went outside to look around and noticed they were pulling into sides streets as well, and then speeding back out of them and down the road. I figured they must be looking for someone, but I had no clue.
So I went back inside my house and headed into my kitchen to do some food prep for dinner. Next thing I knew there was a loud noise outside my kitchen window. A chopper was hovering over my neighborhood. I went out to observe and it was just sitting there. Then it slowly moved forward and stopped to hover again. Now I know something serious is going on. Here we go again!
So I text my wife to tell her a chopper is outside our window hovering overhead. She must have quickly researched because within minutes she said there has a been a shooting. Two people are dead!
I now do the smart thing and close the windows and lock the doors. Then I get a call from my wife saying the shooter who killed a man went up on a roof and shot at the cops, they took his own life. The scene is now secure.
Relieved I open the windows again.
As this was all happening, schools went into lock down and city kids were freaking out thinking what is happening now? This all took place less than a half mile from the high school.
Lastly I find out my daughters best friends mom who is currently living on the street where this took place and being a nurse was doing CPR on the injured man on his front lawn. She was shot at and had to flee into her house.
I never had any experiences like this growing up in my hometown, but now from Sandy Hook to my doorstep in Milford it is starting to feel you are just not safe anywhere at anytime.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
Re: A Crazy Day at Home Yesterday
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 06:05:14 AM »
ya....yesterday not such a good day up here either.

Moncton, New Brunswick.
3 cops gunned down.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/moncton-shooting-manhunt-on-for-killer-of-3-rcmp-officers-1.2665707
Take care everyone - Bet you all didn't even notice I was gone.

Happy Lives to you all.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 06:08:33 AM »

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 06:12:52 AM »
..and in keeping with the music'ness of this place.

The guy is still updating his facebook page as he walks around/hides.

He's now quoted the lyrics from Megadeth's  - Hook In Mouth
Take care everyone - Bet you all didn't even notice I was gone.

Happy Lives to you all.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 05:59:18 PM »
Jesus Tick... Unreal.  I hope shit like this ends for you right f'n now.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 06:02:38 PM »
..and in keeping with the music'ness of this place.

The guy is still updating his facebook page as he walks around/hides.

He's now quoted the lyrics from Megadeth's  - Hook In Mouth

Metal in the firing line again.  :facepalm:
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 06:04:23 PM »
That's nuts. Seems like it's everywhere... My town, usually known for being a 'bubble' and almost overly safe, is now ripe (or rather, exposed) with crime and drug deals left and right, shootings...

Roll with the punches, as they say. Prepping the sun canon...

:rollin at the Megadeth. Seriously, when the fuck is someone gonna listen to Beiber or Gomez before they go on a rampage?

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2014, 06:04:49 PM »
Man crazy Tick, just crazy.  you think you can get away from it but violence is everywhere.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2014, 06:37:59 PM »
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2014, 07:39:54 PM »
Wow sounds pretty horrible to be so close to home.  Hope everything ends up ok for your household.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2014, 01:02:31 AM »
Tick that sounds like a typical day in my town.  A few weeks ago we had a guy walk up to an elderly man sitting in his car and blow his face off. That was 2 streets away from me.

Too many stabbings and shootings within a few miles of me to even count.

29 businesses have been robbed  on this side of town this year... half of them within the past 2 months.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2014, 05:52:23 AM »
Tick that sounds like a typical day in my town.  A few weeks ago we had a guy walk up to an elderly man sitting in his car and blow his face off. That was 2 streets away from me.

29 businesses have been robbed  on this side of town this year... half of them within the past 2 months.
Wow! That blows, Jay! That's not how life should be. Where do you live?
I grew up in Milford so I have lived in this fish bowl my whole life. I don't want to make it out to be something it isn't, but it doesn't feel as safe as it once did. I am nestled between two of the highest crime cities in Connecticut, New Haven and Bridgeport, but Milford is a fairly affluent community that isn't exactly used to stabbing deaths in our schools that lead to national news and choppers overhead looking for gunman. So its getting a bit unnerving for me, especially since I have a beautiful 13 year old daughter who roams the streets with her buddies.
Also I live a half hour from Sandy Hook and that story has yet to subside in the state.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2014, 08:46:22 AM »
Not too dissimilar from where I grew up. While people being killed in my close neighborhood weren't common, it did still happen, and you were always treated to a game of Name That Caliber on a very regular basis. I suppose we mostly just weren't aware of the outcome of random gunshots. Pork choppers circling overhead were commonplace, though. We used to love to fuck with them when we were kids. In fact, I still enjoy watching a good manhunt.

I certainly sympathize with how you feel, Tick. This hasn't been commonplace where you live so you're not used to it. The good news is that it probably still isn't commonplace. You've had a couple of bad actors in a short period of time, so it seems more serious than it likely is.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2014, 10:26:57 AM »

Wow! That blows, Jay! That's not how life should be. Where do you live?
I grew up in Milford so I have lived in this fish bowl my whole life. I don't want to make it out to be something it isn't, but it doesn't feel as safe as it once did. I am nestled between two of the highest crime cities in Connecticut, New Haven and Bridgeport, but Milford is a fairly affluent community that isn't exactly used to stabbing deaths in our schools that lead to national news and choppers overhead looking for gunman. So its getting a bit unnerving for me, especially since I have a beautiful 13 year old daughter who roams the streets with her buddies.
Also I live a half hour from Sandy Hook and that story has yet to subside in the state.

I live in Oxnard, CA. We have a pretty bad gang problem here (even though it's not as bad as it was 10 years ago). The city made headlines when it imposed a huge gang injunction in 2004. The town isn't as bad as say, LA or Fresno when it comes to crime... but we get our fair share.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"