Author Topic: College  (Read 29235 times)

Offline ColdFireYYZ

Re: College
« Reply #315 on: July 04, 2013, 04:17:27 PM »
Starting college next month. I'm pretty nervous about the social aspect, especially living with a roommate. I'm an only child and pretty introverted, so I think it'll take me a while to adjust to living with someone else. Otherwise, I'm very excited and I'm really looking forward to the classes that I'm planning on taking. Just have to talk with my adviser over the phone in a couple of weeks to officially schedule the classes and make sure they're not full.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #316 on: July 04, 2013, 04:55:32 PM »
Starting college next month. I'm pretty nervous about the social aspect, especially living with a roommate. I'm an only child and pretty introverted, so I think it'll take me a while to adjust to living with someone else. Otherwise, I'm very excited and I'm really looking forward to the classes that I'm planning on taking. Just have to talk with my adviser over the phone in a couple of weeks to officially schedule the classes and make sure they're not full.

I would suggest talking to the adviser ASAP. The classes fill up faster than you can imagine.

Offline ColdFireYYZ

« Reply #317 on: July 04, 2013, 05:11:10 PM »

I would suggest talking to the adviser ASAP. The classes fill up faster than you can imagine.
I have an appointment set up already. I'm not sure if all colleges do it this way, but incoming freshman register after the other students. They had us fill out a form online with our ideal schedule and a bunch of backups. The adviser reviews it, and he'll give me advice on whether or not my choices fit my intended major during the appointment.

Offline theseoafs

• When the lights go down in the city, and the sun shines on the bayyyyy
  • Hello! My name is Elder Price
« Reply #318 on: July 04, 2013, 05:16:52 PM »

I have an appointment set up already. I'm not sure if all colleges do it this way, but incoming freshman register after the other students. They had us fill out a form online with our ideal schedule and a bunch of backups. The adviser reviews it, and he'll give me advice on whether or not my choices fit my intended major during the appointment.

Sure you'll be fine as long as you're registering at about the same time as all the other freshmen.

Offline ColdFireYYZ

« Reply #319 on: July 04, 2013, 05:22:40 PM »

Sure you'll be fine as long as you're registering at about the same time as all the other freshmen.
It's also a small school, so it's not like there's a ton of students all trying to register for the same class. And if a class is full, I can always take it second semester. I have a lot of backups that I'd be willing to take first semester.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #320 on: July 04, 2013, 05:28:09 PM »

Yeah, I forgot that Freshman had to register with an adviser. It was 7 years ago, so my memory of all that is pretty much out the window.

It's also a small school, so it's not like there's a ton of students all trying to register for the same class. And if a class is full, I can always take it second semester. I have a lot of backups that I'd be willing to take first semester.

Yeah, I forgot that freshman had to register with an adviser. It was 7 years ago, so my memory of that time is pretty much out the window.

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #321 on: September 05, 2013, 03:38:52 PM »
Just starting college. Already love it. Tons of walking space, a fitness building with a motherfucking sauna. :D I should enjoy it at least until I get a big work load. :lol

Offline ColdFireYYZ

« Reply #322 on: September 05, 2013, 03:53:12 PM »
I've been at college for two weeks now and it's going great. My biggest concern was living in a dorm, but I get along great with my roommate and we haven't had any problems. My classes are a lot of fun and I'm starting to get a lot of work. Joined a few clubs too, which is great since it's a lot easier to meet people that way. Luckily, a friend of mine from high school also goes to the same school, so that made the first few days a lot easier.

My only problem is that my college is in a shitty location, but I knew that going in. Luckily there's a lot of on-campus activities so it's kind of hard to get bored. But otherwise, I know I'm going to enjoy the college experience way more than high school.

Just starting college. Already love it. Tons of walking space, a fitness building with a motherfucking sauna. :D I should enjoy it at least until I get a big work load. :lol
My college's fitness center has been renovated over the summer and is opening next week. Can't wait to start going as I'm really trying to lose weight and get in shape.

Offline YtseCullen

• DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident Jedi.
« Reply #323 on: September 06, 2013, 12:04:01 AM »
Started up again today and am loving being a second year! It's great reconnecting with old friends and making new ones! I've got some wicked courses too!
May The Force Be With You.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #324 on: September 06, 2013, 04:45:08 AM »
Started Pharmacy school two weeks ago and I pretty much love it.

Its pretty much everything that I wished Undergrad would have been. Not only are all the professors actual pharmacists, but they treat you like a colleague, rather than a student. And more importantly, everything they teach you, is what you actually need to do your job.

Loving it.

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #325 on: September 06, 2013, 07:33:11 PM »
Tomorrow, some people from a popular Texas college are going to hear us 3 bassists and whoever wants a chance at a scholarship offer.

I don't know why there were any seniors that DIDN'T want to try  :huh:
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #326 on: September 06, 2013, 10:36:00 PM »
Been in college for about 2 weeks now. Really liking it. I'm only about 45 minutes away from school, and I want to see my girlfriend as much as I can, so I've been coming home on the weekends.

I don't drink or go to parties or anything, but I'm still very sociable in my classes and have already made several friends. My roommate loves to party, and he goes out about every other night. 2 nights ago I was sleeping, and he fell off his fucking bed onto his desk (The beds are raised almost 6' off the ground) and it was one of the funniest things I have ever witnessed, especially since he landed on his printer and turned it on. :lol

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #327 on: September 06, 2013, 11:17:26 PM »
I don't drink or go to parties or anything, but I'm still very sociable in my classes and have already made several friends. My roommate loves to party, and he goes out about every other night. 2 nights ago I was sleeping, and he fell off his fucking bed onto his desk (The beds are raised almost 6' off the ground) and it was one of the funniest things I have ever witnessed, especially since he landed on his printer and turned it on. :lol

:lol
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline YtseCullen

• DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident Jedi.
« Reply #328 on: September 07, 2013, 03:45:05 PM »
My roommate loves to party, and he goes out about every other night. 2 nights ago I was sleeping, and he fell off his fucking bed onto his desk (The beds are raised almost 6' off the ground) and it was one of the funniest things I have ever witnessed, especially since he landed on his printer and turned it on. :lol

This sounds so classic  :rollin
May The Force Be With You.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #329 on: September 07, 2013, 11:03:37 PM »
My roommate loves to party, and he goes out about every other night. 2 nights ago I was sleeping, and he fell off his fucking bed onto his desk (The beds are raised almost 6' off the ground) and it was one of the funniest things I have ever witnessed, especially since he landed on his printer and turned it on. :lol

He will get a job on Wall Street and make six-figures a year before he's 30.  That's how it works.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #330 on: September 07, 2013, 11:30:38 PM »
Yeah... college ain't bad. After almost a month, I can honestly say that it's been a success. I enjoy my classes, have a fantastic group of friends, and live relatively close to home. I was a Tar Heel born, a Tar Heel bred, and I'll happily be a Tar Heel dead.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #331 on: June 03, 2018, 11:28:20 AM »
Anybody have any luck consolidating/re-financing student loan debt?

If so, could you give a brief overview/synopsis of what to do?

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #332 on: December 23, 2021, 06:57:54 AM »
For anyone that is still dealing with student loans,

The freeze on Student loan debt has been extended 3 more months until May 2022

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/22/student-loan-pause-extended-through-may-1-advocates-want-cancellation.html

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #333 on: December 23, 2021, 09:22:54 AM »
Anybody have any luck consolidating/re-financing student loan debt?

If so, could you give a brief overview/synopsis of what to do?

I wish I saw this back in 2018, I refinanced that year and it was actually very easy.

For anyone that is still dealing with student loans,

The freeze on Student loan debt has been extended 3 more months until May 2022

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/22/student-loan-pause-extended-through-may-1-advocates-want-cancellation.html

My wife was very happy to hear this news.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #334 on: November 22, 2022, 06:57:51 PM »
The freeze on student loans has again been extended. This time till June 30th 2023

I've been taking the money and investing it. So my student loans are generating money which will go toward paying them off, like a snake eating its own tail  ;D