Author Topic: College  (Read 29218 times)

Offline Ħ

Re: College
« Reply #105 on: December 12, 2012, 12:38:39 AM »
Straight up failed my biochem final. I have no doubt I got an F in the class.

:-\ Will this affect your graduation?
No. But I do need to graduate with a 3.0 to qualify for the grad school I want to get into. And an F ain't gonna help. I'm at a 2.95 right now without the F.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #106 on: December 12, 2012, 04:19:46 AM »
Not quite the same boat as you guys, but I got two years of postdoctoral research funding yesterday. So that will be 9-10 years at university now.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline Cecilia

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #107 on: December 12, 2012, 06:37:03 AM »
9-10 years? I think I am going to be sick!

I feel 2% less stressed since presenting yesterday. I will find out how I did on both that and the paper Tuesday.

For math, we can sit for another final on Tuesday. My professor told me "I expect to see you next Tuesday", but f that! Then I would have three finals that day! Not to mention I think my music final is due that day too, so four finals! Hell no!

Does anyone else still have homework? I have to do these three chapter/personal summaries for psych, going to try to do them today/tomorrow so I can relax.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #108 on: December 12, 2012, 07:55:27 AM »
When I first started college, I remember finishing my first term and thinking "Okay, that's one down.  Still got a long ways to go, but we're on the road.  Just gotta keep on keeping on."

Then I woke up.  It was a dream!  I was actually only about a month in.  What the hell, brain?  What are you doing to me?  That feeling of satisfaction, I hadn't earned it yet!

But the more I thought about it, the more I realized that the attitude I'd adopted in my dream was the correct one.  Keep your eyes on the road and just keep going, doing the best you can.  This is what you do right now.  When you're done, you will do something else.  That's how it works.

Offline zerogravityfat

• DTF.org Alumni
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #109 on: December 12, 2012, 01:37:22 PM »
i am 10 years out of the college and still have this nightmare that i didn't bother going to the maths class for a while and have no clue if we had a midterm and i skipped it. can't explain it, just a random nightmare.
DTF.  More reliable than the AP since 2009. -millahh

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #110 on: December 12, 2012, 02:28:28 PM »
So that will be 9-10 years at university now.

By May of 2013, I will have had 7 years of undergrad. That's 2 years community college, 2 years film school, 1 year pre-med, 1 year chem major and then 1 year pre-pharmarcy. Let's just say it took me a little longer then most people to figure out what on earth I was going to do with my life.

But thank god Pharmacy school starts in the fall. So then 3 years of classroom and 1 year of interning.

So the grand total will be 11 years of college for me, finally finishing in 2017 with a Bachelors in Film and Doctorate in Pharmacy.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 02:33:42 PM by Phoenix87x »

Offline lateralus88

• The Official DTF Stanley Kubrick Fanboi
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I stabbed Euronymous because he drank my PBR
« Reply #111 on: December 12, 2012, 03:48:39 PM »

By May of 2013, I will have had 7 years of undergrad. That's 2 years community college, 2 years film school, 1 year pre-med, 1 year chem major and then 1 year pre-pharmarcy. Let's just say it took me a little longer then most people to figure out what on earth I was going to do with my life.

But thank god Pharmacy school starts in the fall. So then 3 years of classroom and 1 year of interning.

So the grand total will be 11 years of college for me, finally finishing in 2017 with a Bachelors in Film and Doctorate in Pharmacy.
Dude let's team up and make a movie. Maybe a horror film about pharmaceuticals gone wrong. Like maybe there is a mystery prescription drug going around that turns people into flesh eating animals. It could be called FARMaceuticals or something.

This is why I am paying for a film degree.
I felt its length in quite a few places.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #3

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #112 on: December 12, 2012, 03:54:22 PM »

I wish you luck in getting your business degree.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #113 on: December 12, 2012, 05:51:17 PM »
Just applied to University of West Georgia. Seems like a nice place  :metal

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #114 on: December 12, 2012, 09:10:05 PM »
I heard that school lacks chemistry professors who like Dream Theater.  That's got to be a huge minus.

Offline theseoafs

• When the lights go down in the city, and the sun shines on the bayyyyy
  • Hello! My name is Elder Price
« Reply #115 on: December 12, 2012, 10:04:59 PM »
Hey!  If you were a college professor, would you do your lectures in a Harry Caray voice?  I would.

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
  • Streams of Light Unite With Water
« Reply #116 on: December 13, 2012, 02:21:28 PM »
First final is out of the way. Yeah!
Perhaps you should ask bosk to reverse the "e" and "a" in the second half of your user name.
Cedar redaC swoops in for the kill!

Offline YtseCullen

• DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident Jedi.
« Reply #117 on: December 13, 2012, 02:46:56 PM »
Just finished my last Final, Christmas break is upon me :D
May The Force Be With You.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #118 on: December 13, 2012, 02:48:40 PM »
Just finished my last Final, Christmas break is upon me :D

Fuck you, I'm still grading finals.  Cedar knows what I'm talking about.

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #119 on: December 13, 2012, 05:25:29 PM »
 :lol

I got two finals tomorrow, then I'm done.
Perhaps you should ask bosk to reverse the "e" and "a" in the second half of your user name.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #120 on: December 13, 2012, 06:42:43 PM »
Got two finals and two papers left.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline theseoafs

« Reply #121 on: December 13, 2012, 07:40:24 PM »
^Happy to see another student on the quarter system.
Aside from classes being condensed, I love the quarter system so much.

Verily, the quarter system kicks serious ass.  I particularly enjoy not having to take 5 classes at once.

No. But I do need to graduate with a 3.0 to qualify for the grad school I want to get into. And an F ain't gonna help. I'm at a 2.95 right now without the F.

Best of luck. I shall file a prayer to the chemistry gods that the curve be in your favor.

As for me, I've got one final left. Physics. Blech

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #122 on: December 13, 2012, 07:44:54 PM »
Still beating my exams with a crowbar. I ended up with a solid B in piano class, a B in Psych, and I got a 94% on a music history exam that will leave me with a B because that class is harder than shit. Only class I'm waiting to hear back on is Theory now, and I'm fairly confident in that one because the exam was take-home and I had hours upon hours to go through it with a fine-toothed comb to make sure everything was perfect.

Feels good, man.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #123 on: December 13, 2012, 07:46:07 PM »
If anyone of you have a psych test coming up and need any help with anything, I'd be more than happy to do what I can. :)
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #124 on: December 13, 2012, 07:57:18 PM »
Aced my speech class final, pretty sure I bombed my computer programming final, and if I did, I might fail, making this second attempt pointless, since my D from last time will still be better.  So there's $800 down the drain, and since I still live with my parents, I get to directly deal with them being disappointed in me.  It's really fucking awesome.  Really awesome.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #125 on: December 13, 2012, 09:25:16 PM »
Best of luck. I shall file a prayer to the chemistry gods that the curve be in your favor.

Request...

:biggrin:

Offline YtseCullen

• DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident Jedi.
« Reply #126 on: December 14, 2012, 12:12:24 AM »
Just finished my last exam this morning, now to enjoy my Christmas holidays in peace  :tup
May The Force Be With You.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #127 on: December 14, 2012, 12:29:38 AM »

As for me, I've got one final left. Physics. Blech
Thanks. BTW I'm not chemistry anymore. I'm doing philosophy for my major. My heart is not in chem. At all. Though I rocked it when I cared and actually studied for it. :lol

Good luck with physics. Just put the equations together and BS it. That usually works for me.

Offline theseoafs

« Reply #128 on: December 14, 2012, 01:07:56 PM »
YES I AM FUCKING DONE

Four finals weeks down, 8 to go.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #129 on: December 14, 2012, 03:17:32 PM »
Awesome, dude.

And I surprisingly felt OK about my O-chem final. I think I passed. Science classes are now officially behind me for good. I'm a little sad about it. Maybe I'll return to it for pleasure someday.

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #130 on: December 14, 2012, 07:03:22 PM »
Had my last final this morning. It was setup so each person answered one question, and the class got one grade on the test. As such, I got a 195/200.

Offline theseoafs

« Reply #131 on: December 15, 2012, 08:31:51 AM »
69/80 on my physics final! :metal :metal :metal

Now we just have to see how the curve treats me with regard to my final grade.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #132 on: December 15, 2012, 08:37:42 AM »
I have a midterm take-home thing coming up thursday and that will be the last before Christmas.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Ħ

« Reply #133 on: December 15, 2012, 02:21:26 PM »
69/80 on my physics final! :metal :metal :metal

Now we just have to see how the curve treats me with regard to my final grade.
Sixty-nine, dude! :metal

Good job.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #134 on: December 15, 2012, 02:45:11 PM »

Offline theseoafs

« Reply #135 on: December 16, 2012, 04:57:13 PM »
PROFESSORS, GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER AND POST MY GRADES

Offline Ħ

« Reply #136 on: December 16, 2012, 11:39:00 PM »
Finally finished! Phew, free at last, free at last.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #137 on: December 17, 2012, 09:25:42 AM »
PROFESSORS, GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER AND POST MY GRADES

Offline nightmare_cinema

• I'm Raiderrrrrrrrr
« Reply #138 on: December 17, 2012, 09:28:15 AM »
Does anyone else still have homework? I have to do these three chapter/personal summaries for psych, going to try to do them today/tomorrow so I can relax.

I have 14k words due in on January 7th... I've done approx 6k so far. All needing tidying up. So my Xmas break is going to be spent writing essays and reading!

And this is just the first semester!
Every story needs to have an ending, we might as well give up all this pretending and clear the air...

Offline jsem

« Reply #139 on: December 17, 2012, 11:15:08 AM »
Single Variable Calculus.. completed.

feelsgoodman.jpg