General > Musicians

All musicians unite! - The Musicians Chat Thread

(1/365) > >>

Elite:
So, let's see if this can take hold. I always thought it was a pity that this subforum doesn't see much activity, so let's hope we can bring a change to that, by having a chat thread here, specifically dedicated to musicians, people in bands, the hobbying guitarists or those who like to sing in the shower.

First off, some information about my life as a 'musician', I play the guitar mainly, but have played the saxophone before. I can sing reasonably well enough to do backing vocals in a band, but not well enough for lead vocals, though I have done that as well. I'm currently also trying to learn the piano (which isn't getting nearly enough time and the thing is bascially collecting dust in the meantime, but hey, I try) and I play in two bands at the moment, a coverband and a progressive rock/metal band.

I have played in bands since I was 9-10 years old and have played at least something in almost every genre (taking genres broadly, not through subgenres).

So that's it for me. Let's open up some chat here, and if not, well, then this thread will have been a failure, but I suppose that doesn't really matter, since no-one looks here anyway. Let's go!

Ultimetalhead:
Guitarist/trumpet player/pianist here. I'm majoring in music education, so I ended up on trumpet because they don't have a metal guitar program at my university (I really wish they did though). I've put out 6 albums as "The Biscuit Merchant" with pretty horrible production/mixing/programmed drums and bass, but I think the songs are mostly pretty good. I played piano for about 7 years when I was a kid, but I gave it up in favor of guitar, and now I'm wishing I hadn't given it up.

Shredding some Megadeth (the opening tapping stuff sounds like shit, but the rest is better): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POUnW6nm-eM

MasterShakezula:
I hit objects with sticks. 

I'm also learning composition and some production on the side, as well. 

I've not been involved in a band, outside of school stuff. 

splent:
Vocalist 1st, keyboardist 2nd.  Can also play a little guitar and a little bass.  I am a music teacher, I just got a job teaching choir and general music at a new high school that just opened last year in Chicago.  We'll see how that goes.

I have been involved in a couple of bands in the past, including a Gentle Giant tribute band.  Those are now on hiatus, and I'm now in another band that plays prog.  We'll see if that takes off, we've only had one practice.  The drummer is in another band who has a big gig in a couple of weeks and we'll practice after that. 

Sketchy:
Crap keyboardist first, slightly less crap bassist second and aspiring-to-not-be-crap guzheng player third. I record with a friend of mine (but progress is always slow) in a sort of prog-project. I seem to have developed a complete obsession with Chinese music, so that comes out slightly in said project, but I plan to have a later project more dedicated to it. I've never played live, but would quite like to, but for the moment, recording is very interesting to me, and I am also avidly collecting basses (currently have a modified squier P, a fretless and an eight string (octave), and am waiting for a 5 string to arrive).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version