Author Topic: Creepypasta  (Read 7861 times)

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
Creepypasta
« on: August 25, 2012, 12:53:31 PM »
What are some of your favorites?

I really enjoyed this one. "Candle Cove." It's written as a series of forum posts.
Skyshale033
Subject: Candle Cove local kid’s show?

Does anyone remember this kid’s show? It was called Candle Cove and I must have been 6 or 7. I never found reference to it anywhere so I think it was on a local station around 1971 or 1972. I lived in Ironton at the time. I don’t remember which station, but I do remember it was on at a weird time, like 4:00 PM.

mike_painter65
Subject: Re: Candle Cove local kid’s show?

it seems really familiar to me…..i grew up outside of ashland and was 9 yrs old in 72. candle cove…was it about pirates? i remember a pirate marionete at the mouth of a cave talking to a little girl

Skyshale033

YES! Okay I’m not crazy! I remember Pirate Percy. I was always kind of scared of him. He looked like he was built from parts of other dolls, real low-budget. His head was an old porcelain baby doll, looked like an antique that didn’t belong on the body. I don’t remember what station this was! I don’t think it was WTSF though.

Jaren_2005

Sorry to ressurect this old thread but I know exactly what show you mean, Skyshale. I think Candle Cove ran for only a couple months in ‘71, not ‘72. I was 12 and I watched it a few times with my brother. It was channel 58, whatever station that was. My mom would let me switch to it after the news. Let me see what I remember.

It took place in Candle cove, and it was about a little girl who imagined herself to be friends with pirates. The pirate ship was called the Laughingstock, and Pirate Percy wasn’t a very good pirate because he got scared too easily. And there was calliope music constantly playing. Don’t remember the girl’s name. Janice or Jade or something. Think it was Janice.

Skyshale033

Thank you Jaren!!! Memories flooded back when you mentioned the Laughingstock and channel 58. I remember the bow of the ship was a wooden smiling face, with the lower jaw submerged. It looked like it was swallowing the sea and it had that awful Ed Wynn voice and laugh. I especially remember how jarring it was when they switched from the wooden/plastic model, to the foam puppet version of the head that talked.

mike_painter65

ha ha i remember now too.  do you remember this part skyshale: “you have…to go…INSIDE.”

Skyshale033

Ugh mike, I got a chill reading that. Yes I remember. That’s what the ship always told Percy when there was a spooky place he had to go in, like a cave or a dark room where the treasure was. And the camera would push in on Laughingstock’s face with each pause. YOU HAVE… TO GO… INSIDE. With his two eyes askew and that flopping foam jaw and the fishing line that opened and closed it. Ugh. It just looked so cheap and awful.

You guys remember the villain? He had a face that was just a handlebar mustache above really tall, narrow teeth.

kevin_hart

i honestly, honestly thought the villain was pirate percy. i was about 5 when this show was on. nightmare fuel.

Jaren_2005

That wasn’t the villain, the puppet with the mustache. That was the villain’s sidekick, Horace Horrible. He had a monocle too, but it was on top of the mustache. I used to think that meant he had only one eye.

But yeah, the villain was another marionette. The Skin-Taker. I can’t believe what they let us watch back then.

kevin_hart

jesus h. christ, the skin taker. what kind of a kids show were we watching? i seriously could not look at the screen when the skin taker showed up. he just descended out of nowhere on his strings, just a dirty skeleton wearing that brown top hat and cape. and his glass eyes that were too big for his skull. christ almighty.

Skyshale033

Wasn’t his top hat and cloak all sewn up crazily? Was that supposed to be children’s skin??

mike_painter65

yeah i think so. rememer his mouth didn’t open and close, his jaw just slid back and foth. i remember the little girl said “why does your mouth move like that” and the skin-taker didn’t look at the girl but at the camera and said “TO GRIND YOUR SKIN”

Skyshale033

I’m so relieved that other people remember this terrible show!

I used to have this awful memory, a bad dream I had where the opening jingle ended, the show faded in from black, and all the characters were there, but the camera was just cutting to each of their faces, and they were just screaming, and the puppets and marionettes were flailing spastically, and just all screaming, screaming. The girl was just moaning and crying like she had been through hours of this. I woke up many times from that nightmare. I used to wet the bed when I had it.

kevin_hart

i don’t think that was a dream. i remember that. i remember that was an episode.

Skyshale033

No no no, not possible. There was no plot or anything, I mean literally just standing in place crying and screaming for the whole show.

kevin_hart

maybe i’m manufacturing the memory because you said that, but i swear to god i remember seeing what you described. they just screamed.

Jaren_2005

Oh God. Yes. The little girl, Janice, I remember seeing her shake. And the Skin-Taker screaming through his gnashing teeth, his jaw careening so wildly I thought it would come off its wire hinges. I turned it off and it was the last time I watched. I ran to tell my brother and we didn’t have the courage to turn it back on.

mike_painter65

i visited my mom today at the nursing home. i asked her about when i was littel in the early 70s, when i was 8 or 9 and if she remebered a kid’s show, candle cove. she said she was suprised i could remember that and i asked why, and she said “because i used to think it was so strange that you said ‘i’m gona go watch candle cove now mom’ and then you would tune the tv to static and juts watch dead air for 30 minutes. you had a big imagination with your little pirate show.”
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Creepypasta
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 01:04:13 PM »
I've read the Pokemon Black version one and the Majora's Mask Ben one.

Great stuff.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 01:08:34 PM »
I've read the Pokemon Black version one and the Majora's Mask Ben one.
I could never enjoy the ones based on video games or cartoons. It seems like amateur writers have a nostalgia fit, so they try to put their own spin on a universe they didn't create. Too "fan-fictiony," I guess.

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 01:10:44 PM »
I guess. The Pokemon Black one is okay.

But I really enjoyed Ben. The videos that went with it are great.

Offline MajorMatt

• DT.net Member
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2012, 01:34:32 PM »
I read my first one last night before bed (foolishly :P ) It was the Squidwards Suicide one.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 03:24:02 PM »
There a lot of really good ones. Read the Soviet Sleep Experiment one.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2012, 08:12:14 PM »
Oh God Candle Cove...
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2012, 08:40:13 PM »
A man went to a hotel and walked up to the front desk to check in. The woman at the desk gave him his key and told him that on the way to his room, there was a door with no number that was locked and no one was allowed in there. Especially no one should look inside the room, under any circumstances. So he followed the instructions of the woman at the front desk, going straight to his room, and going to bed. The next night his curiosity would not leave him alone about the room with no number on the door. He walked down the hall to the door and tried the handle. Sure enough it was locked. He bent down and looked through the wide keyhole. Cold air passed through it, chilling his eye. What he saw was a hotel bedroom, like his, and in the corner was a woman whose skin was completely white. She was leaning her head against the wall, facing away from the door. He stared in confusion for a while. He almost knocked on the door, out of curiosity, but decided not to. This disinclination saved his life. He crept away from the door and walked back to his room. The next day, he returned to the door and looked through the wide keyhole. This time, all he saw was redness. He couldn’t make anything out besides a distinct red color, unmoving. Perhaps the inhabitants of the room knew he was spying the night before, and had blocked the keyhole with something red. At this point he decided to consult the woman at the front desk for more information. She sighed and said, “Did you look through the keyhole?” The man told her that he had and she said, “Well, I might as well tell you the story. A long time ago, a man murdered his wife in that room, and her ghost haunts it. But these people were not ordinary. They were white all over, except for their eyes, which were red.”
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline theseoafs

• When the lights go down in the city, and the sun shines on the bayyyyy
  • Hello! My name is Elder Price
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2012, 10:10:41 PM »
^ I read through most of that unaffected, thinking it was the lamest story ever.  Then I read the last sentence and I got chills.

Read the Soviet Sleep Experiment one.

Meh.  It's poorly written and structurally confused, and it's got the worst and most trite ending I've ever read.  (IMO naturally.)

From what I can see on the Internet, it looks like quite a few people are confused about whether this actually happened, haha.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 11:09:32 PM by theseoafs »

Offline kári

• Meow
  • DTF.com Member
  • það besta sem guð hefur skapað er nýr dagur
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2012, 12:48:22 AM »
^ I read through most of that unaffected, thinking it was the lamest story ever.  Then I read the last sentence and I got chills.

Read the Soviet Sleep Experiment one.

Meh.  It's poorly written and structurally confused, and it's got the worst and most trite ending I've ever read.  (IMO naturally.)
Both of these.

You and me go parallel, together and apart

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2012, 05:41:31 AM »
A man went to a hotel and walked up to the front desk to check in. The woman at the desk gave him his key and told him that on the way to his room, there was a door with no number that was locked and no one was allowed in there. Especially no one should look inside the room, under any circumstances. So he followed the instructions of the woman at the front desk, going straight to his room, and going to bed. The next night his curiosity would not leave him alone about the room with no number on the door. He walked down the hall to the door and tried the handle. Sure enough it was locked. He bent down and looked through the wide keyhole. Cold air passed through it, chilling his eye. What he saw was a hotel bedroom, like his, and in the corner was a woman whose skin was completely white. She was leaning her head against the wall, facing away from the door. He stared in confusion for a while. He almost knocked on the door, out of curiosity, but decided not to. This disinclination saved his life. He crept away from the door and walked back to his room. The next day, he returned to the door and looked through the wide keyhole. This time, all he saw was redness. He couldn’t make anything out besides a distinct red color, unmoving. Perhaps the inhabitants of the room knew he was spying the night before, and had blocked the keyhole with something red. At this point he decided to consult the woman at the front desk for more information. She sighed and said, “Did you look through the keyhole?” The man told her that he had and she said, “Well, I might as well tell you the story. A long time ago, a man murdered his wife in that room, and her ghost haunts it. But these people were not ordinary. They were white all over, except for their eyes, which were red.”

Meh, I don't get it.
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2012, 12:19:59 PM »

Meh, I don't get it.
The dead woman's eyes were red. He saw only red when looking through the keyhole... In other words, he got an up close and personal view.

Offline VioletS16

• Forum crazy snake lady
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2012, 01:17:41 PM »
That one the OP posted was SO freaky. I knew there was gonna be some twist, but the ending still totally took me by surprise.
This stuff is right up my alley.
3 corn snakes, 1 boa, 1 python, 1 milk snake, 1 king snake, 1 rat snake, and a partridge in a pear tree.
RIP Piccolini and Maya

Offline alirocker08

• Apparently not a hobbit
  • 'Sup, I'm a very short elf
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2012, 01:26:25 PM »
But I really enjoyed Ben. The videos that went with it are great.
This! The videos were so well edited and he'd obviously been planning this months in advance :)
ITT: We discover that Alice is elvish...
Psshh, your status as a hobbit has just been a cover. Your cover has been blown.

Offline ehra

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2012, 02:10:11 PM »
The Huntsville Camping Trip is one of the few I really liked, although looking it up now it seems to have a different (lamer) ending than I remember.

And it's not creepy, but I love An Egg.

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2012, 03:14:38 PM »
The OP was freaky, and I get that the whole "pirate show" was just in his mind.  But I'm confused about how the other guy remembered the show, too.  Or was that whole exchange also in his mind?

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2012, 03:27:21 PM »
The OP was freaky, and I get that the whole "pirate show" was just in his mind.  But I'm confused about how the other guy remembered the show, too.  Or was that whole exchange also in his mind?

I think the idea is that several people all watched static and saw the same show. 

And it's not creepy, but I love An Egg.

That's absolutely amazing. 
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2012, 03:39:46 PM »
Need more. The OP was kind of lame, IMO.

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2012, 03:41:03 PM »

I think the idea is that several people all watched static and saw the same show. 

Ah, thanks.  Somehow that seems a little less cool, but it's weird anyway.

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2012, 03:45:45 PM »
Need more. The OP was kind of lame, IMO.

https://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Creepypasta_Wiki

Ah, thanks.  Somehow that seems a little less cool, but it's weird anyway.

No problem.
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline Heretic

• hold your head up high
  • DTF.org Member
  • never give up, never give in
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2012, 05:57:57 PM »
The imagined show being seen by tons of people idea is a really unnerving one, actually. The end of the hotel one was good, too. Squidward's Suicide is just plain messed up.

One of the best ones I've read was The Angel. Chilling.

Offline carl320

• The Knight of Cups
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2012, 06:39:11 PM »
After reading this thread I looked up some.  One that I liked is called Psychosis (https://www.creepypasta.com/psychosis/)  It's a long read but worth it.

Edit to add:

One of the best ones I've read was The Angel. Chilling.

I got shivers down my spine reading that  :eek
In high school my buddies and I built a Van Der Graaf generator.  You know, to get girls.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2012, 06:45:27 PM »
It's not creepypasta, but here's a picture of an abandoned clown train.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2012, 06:52:36 PM »
Abandoned shit always freaks me out.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2012, 06:53:48 PM »
I've always wanted to go to a ghost town.

Offline WindMaster

• DTF's Ultimate Frisbee Player
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2012, 06:57:15 PM »
I can't stop reading these.
I only listen to electro-post dubprog.  You've probably never heard of it.

Offline Heretic

• hold your head up high
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2012, 07:13:23 PM »

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2012, 07:16:13 PM »
I didn't. I raised my middle finger behind my back while still looking at my computer. Like a boss.

Offline Heretic

• hold your head up high
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2012, 07:53:48 PM »
Screw you guys for making me read a ton of these.

Offline carl320

• The Knight of Cups
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2012, 10:07:25 PM »
Anyone else get creeped out by watching the Cowboy Bebop episode "Pierrot le Fou?"  Not creepypasta, but still an unsettling episode.
In high school my buddies and I built a Van Der Graaf generator.  You know, to get girls.

Offline kári

• Meow
  • DTF.com Member
  • það besta sem guð hefur skapað er nýr dagur
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2012, 12:49:33 AM »
Anyone else get creeped out by watching the Cowboy Bebop episode "Pierrot le Fou?"  Not creepypasta, but still an unsettling episode.
That was just static bro.

You and me go parallel, together and apart

Offline Ħ

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2012, 12:52:34 AM »
I'm really into ghost pictures.

This one in particular:

"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline Fuzzboy

• I'm keepin the damn christmas avatar
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2012, 01:00:43 AM »
Original:
A beautiful young girl is left home alone with only her dog to protect her. On the news that night, they announced there is a serial killer on the loose in the area. Before she goes to bed, she locks all the doors and tries to lock all the windows, but the one in the basement won’t lock. She decides to leave it unlocked, but locks the basement door and goes to bed. Her dog takes its customary place under her bed.
In the deep of night she awakens to a dripping sound coming from her bathroom. Half-awake, the girl feels the comforting lick from her dog and falls back to sleep. She reawakens to the dripping sound, reaches her hand down to the dog where she feels the reassuring lick and falls back to sleep. Once more, she awakens to the dripping sound. She reaches her hand down and feels the lick of her dog.
Now curious about the dripping sound, she gets up and slowly walks towards the bathroom, the dripping sound getting louder as she approaches. She reaches the bathroom and turns on the light. She is greeted by a horrific sight; hanging from the shower nozzle is her dog with its throat slit open and its blood dripping into the bathtub.
Something on the bathroom mirror catches her eye; she turns around. Written on the wall in her dog’s blood are the words “Humans can lick too.”

and of course, the improved Russian version

Once I hear story about girl in Chaplygin. She was asleep in her bed, when she feel lick on her hand. She thinks it is dog and goes to sleep. Next morning, she finds note on dresser with dead head of dog. It says "Capitalists can lick too." She screams.
Father comes upstairs, takes belt off and beats her. Moral of story is daughters should not yell in house like peasant. House is not Siberian pigsty. I worry daughter will never find good Russian husband.
women cops are a joke

to get a boner is just put pressure on the dick

Offline Ħ

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2012, 01:09:13 AM »
Ok, I'm prepared to give you the creepiest story I ever heard. But I hesitate a little bit because it's very jarring and psychologically disturbing. I don't like being reminded of it, so I'm not going to watch it but here is the link. If you're watching this late at night, beware: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mcn1Q9fWahM
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2012, 01:22:06 AM »
Screw you guys for making me read a ton of these.

Really.