Author Topic: How do I change MP3 size to fit more on my memory card?  (Read 567 times)

Offline Kornflake

How do I change MP3 size to fit more on my memory card?
« on: August 24, 2012, 07:11:11 PM »
I just got a new phone and am looking to sell off my iPod since the phone can take its place and I could use some extra coin.

With iTunes, it gave me the option of having it automatically reduce the audio quality to 128, 192...whatever I wanted.
I have about 40 GB of music on my computer and a 32 GB memory card. Is there any other program out there that will allow me to sync to my phone (not an iphone) and reduce the quality to 128 or 192 to fit on the 32 GB card?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: How do I change MP3 size to fit more on my memory card?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 08:12:42 PM »
There's heaps of free programs out there that do this.  Just search in google, coverting mp3 bitrate and it should give you heaps of options.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 09:12:44 PM »
Oh man don't do that, c'mon! Get rid of some -or even a lot- of the music but don't reduce it's quality!
I'm going through the same thing you're going through but I'm keeping my iPod, I can't depend on a phone worth shit as a sole source of outdoor music.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline PetFish

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 11:59:27 PM »
Just get a bigger card.  The time and effort and hassle you spend trying to make the files smaller and you can just spend $20 and be done with it.