Author Topic: Underrated Instrumental Tracks.  (Read 2834 times)

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
Re: Underrated Instrumental Tracks.
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2012, 10:38:16 AM »
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2012, 10:55:16 AM »
Tower of Power are awesome!  Always loved those guys.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2012, 11:27:58 AM »
Killswitch Engage - One Last Sunset

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2012, 12:09:23 PM »
Between The Buried and Me - Viridian

Really groovy track that always puts me in a good mood no matter the circumstance; it's just got that laid-back, sex-on-the-beach vibe. World ending, everyone dead? Put on Viridian!

BTBAM - Mirrors

This one isn't technically an instrumental, but the lyrics aren't the focus at all and there's very few of them. At least for me they aren't the focus, the instrumetal section is one of the most beautiful constructs I've ever had the pleasure of listening to. It's almost sad in some parts and then uplifting in others, but keeps a sort of melancholic vibe throughout. I'm not sure how to explain it but it's really fucking sexy.

Gorillaz - Detroit

This is another song that can put me in a good mood no matter what; it's so fun and cooky. It doesn't take itself seriously at all (or the entire album, The Fall, for that matter) and that's one of the things that draws me to listen to it. It just doesn't give a fuck. It's like, "Hey, brohan, quit raining on my parade or I'll fuck you. Cause this is Detroit, and we fuck people here."

OSI - Dirt From A Holy Place

My favorite instrumetal from OSI and one of my favorites from any band. It sounds so eerie and creepy, yet shades of beauty bleed through (after being stabbed viciously with some kind of glowing, poisonous knife...?). If anyone has played the Castlevania games, this song sounds like it comes straight out of Symphony of The Night at parts; which is a very, very good thing, at least for me.

Animals As Leaders - CAFO

Super Saiyans. An army of Super Saiyans pillaging entire planets and then all the women decide to go with them as their sex slaves because they're so god damn awesomely glowing and all-powerful. Then they tear God down from his throne and keep the universe as a really big prison for their space-whores. After which they create anothe universe and a race of giants to battle to the death, because that is all Super Saiyans care about, fighting and fucking. Fuck yeah.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline toro

• wazzup
  • Metal, Drums and beers they finally got it right
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2012, 02:41:05 PM »
Brazilian is one of my favorite Genesis songs. It creates a really cool atmosphere.
Yes
Steven Wilson - Collecting Space

fapfapfap
YES
OSI - Dirt From A Holy Place
FUCK YES!

Dirt From a Holy Place is my favorite instrumental ever.
I imagined the story to go more like this.

I was sitting a traffic light blaring Space Dye Vest and next to me in another car was Kevin Moore. And I'll never be open again.