Author Topic: The Unofficial An Endless Sporadic Thread  (Read 593 times)

Offline Lucidity

• Patron Saint of Time Signatures
The Unofficial An Endless Sporadic Thread
« on: August 22, 2012, 09:34:06 PM »
Does anyone else here love AES? I know it's not particularly likely because they are extremely underrated and deserve a lot more attention than they get. their first album was a great DT-esque album, and their second showed their roots in classic 70's prog. they are very jazzy and have a lot of fusion elements in their songs to the point where they can sound like bar or elevator music, and it sounds amazing. Anyone have a favourite song or album or looking forward to album 3? All opinions appreciated :D

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
Re: The Unofficial An Endless Sporadic Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 02:44:14 AM »
I heard one of their songs on Guitar Hero and I still remember them, which means, I really need to look into them more.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 02:45:03 AM »
I heard one of their songs on Guitar Hero and I still remember them, which means, I really need to look into them more.

Yes, Impulse. Easily one of my favorite songs in GH3. Just so groovy and progressive, keeps changing.  :hat

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 07:24:43 AM »
Whenever my bro played GH3, I used to exclaim "play me some proooooog", which was a signal to play that song. He always complied.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 08:51:34 AM »
They're great, although I found their album a little disappointing compared to their EP.