Author Topic: Weird YouTube problem  (Read 550 times)

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
Weird YouTube problem
« on: December 14, 2012, 05:35:53 AM »
For the last 24 hours, I have not been able to watch YouTube videos. Actually, they won't even load; I click on a link, and I'm stuck looking at a plain black box in the middle of my screen. I've tried right-clicking to see the Flash Player options come up, but it treats the black box no different from any other part of the page. I've cleared my cache three times, I've reinstalled Flash Player, and I disabled my pop-up blocker. Does anyone here possibly have any idea what's going on?
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: Weird YouTube problem
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 05:42:22 AM »
The only time I've seen that is on my wife's Mac, and updating Flash then restarting Safari does the trick.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 05:46:26 AM »
I'd like to amend my original statement slightly: apparently, the videos that aren't working are videos I haven't watched before the latest clear history/clean install/whatever else. I can view any videos that are in my history, although not necessarily in my favorites.
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 08:30:24 AM »
Stock youtube problem answer: flash maintains a separate cache than your browser.  Find it and clear it.  This solves almost all of the issues.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson