Author Topic: Do you go to Starbucks? If so, what drink do you get the most?  (Read 8551 times)

Offline Ħ

I do during midterms and finals because I need that extra mental boost. I usually get white chocolate mocha. So tasty. I think I'll head over and get one now.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline senecadawg2

Re: Do you go to Starbucks? If so, what drink do you get the most?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 04:25:49 PM »
I've only been once to get a Mocha Latte.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline theseoafs

• When the lights go down in the city, and the sun shines on the bayyyyy
  • Hello! My name is Elder Price
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 04:26:38 PM »
Never had coffee, because I drink soda.  I like to pretend like that's something to be proud of.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 04:26:56 PM »
Yeah, it's not.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline theseoafs

• When the lights go down in the city, and the sun shines on the bayyyyy
  • Hello! My name is Elder Price
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 04:28:19 PM »
I know, man.  I know.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2012, 04:28:35 PM »
Good.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2012, 04:29:49 PM »
I once was at the Starbucks in Stratford-upon-Avon with a few friends, and I took the seat in the comfy chair in the window, while they took a normal table. They had to order something every half an hour or they'd be kicked out, while I fell asleep in the Starbucks window for nearly four hours straight, with nobody bothering me in the slightest.

Yeah, that doesn't really have anything to do with the OP, but I wanted to share that story.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2012, 04:30:27 PM »
I don't like Starbucks.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2012, 04:31:09 PM »
Love Starbucks. In fact, just this morning I had a lovely cinnamon dolce latte. I get really excited for the seasonal flavors like pumpkin spice and gingerbread. The gingerbread in particular is absolute sex.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2012, 04:31:38 PM »
Here in Australia we only have limited Starbucks, and in my state we only have I think 4 Starbucks.  We have other major coffee chains, but I've always been fond of Starbucks, consistenly great coffee.  I go a mocha, or if I'm not in the mood for any sugar, I'll just grab a regular strong latte.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2012, 04:32:38 PM »
Do you have to request all the drinks to be made upside down in order to have them done correctly?

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2012, 04:32:57 PM »
lol
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2012, 04:35:06 PM »
I only drink plain, normal coffee, and in very large portions.  There's isn't good enough or large enough to warrant the cost. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2012, 04:37:13 PM »
Do you have to request all the drinks to be made upside down in order to have them done correctly?

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2012, 04:38:54 PM »
I passionately hate Star Bucks.
There's a decent place called Costa that has better everything but unfortunately I couldn't find it in the U.S.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2012, 04:39:59 PM »
I once was at the Starbucks in Stratford-upon-Avon with a few friends, and I took the seat in the comfy chair in the window, while they took a normal table. They had to order something every half an hour or they'd be kicked out, while I fell asleep in the Starbucks window for nearly four hours straight, with nobody bothering me in the slightest.

Yeah, that doesn't really have anything to do with the OP, but I wanted to share that story.

:lol

Right here? Iced caramel macchiato, n***aaaahhhh!
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Ħ

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2012, 04:41:28 PM »
Nice, caramel macchiato is awesome albeit a bit too sweet sometimes. But why iced? I down iced drinks in about two seconds - when it's hot, you are forced to savor it.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2012, 04:42:09 PM »
Cuz my taste buds gotta have it, cuzz.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2012, 04:43:18 PM »
Let me ask, are Starbucks that common in America, are they at every corner like portrayed on tv?  Dumbass question I know  :loser: but still, answer it.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2012, 04:43:48 PM »
Yes. They are freaking everywhere. I can count about 3 within half a mile of each other where I'm at.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2012, 04:45:42 PM »
In urban areas? Yes.

In suburban areas? Almost.

In rural areas? Not so much.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2012, 04:49:07 PM »
You know, I love craft beer but when it comes to coffee, I'm not a fan of Starbucks and I know it's craft coffee.  I like the Budweiser of coffee, Dunkin' Donuts.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2012, 04:49:27 PM »
Yes. They are freaking everywhere. I can count about 3 within half a mile of each other where I'm at.
In urban areas? Yes.

In suburban areas? Almost.

In rural areas? Not so much.

That's fucking crazy!  :lol

Seriously, the girlfriend and I both prefer Starbucks over the main chains here in Aus, but we seriously have to travel at least 40 minutes north of the city, or down past the coast to get to a Starbucks.  Makes it more a treat I guess on weekends than being able to get one ten times a day.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2012, 04:50:39 PM »
When I can afford it, it's a lovely way of living.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2012, 04:52:37 PM »
Caramel Machiato. I don't know why, I just like it, a lot. Plus, the coffee I make at home is better than the Starbucks coffee and I can't make a caramel machiato at home, so in the rare instance that I actually go to Starbucks, I'll get one of them. I also always give false names for the hell of it.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

• DT.net Member
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2012, 04:54:42 PM »
I also always give false names for the hell of it.

Awesome. I do the same thing at open mic night. Last time I played under the names:

Bacon Taint

(and also)

Dick Fritter and the Crabcake Allstars.

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2012, 04:56:43 PM »
It's not a habit, just an occasional treat. :)

Caffeinated:  Cinnamon Dolce Latte (no whipped cream) :drool:

Non-caffeinated:  Passion Tea Lemonade (stuff is SO good on a hot day) :drool:
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 05:15:40 PM by DebraKadabra »

Offline Ryzee

« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2012, 05:00:22 PM »
I do during midterms and finals because I need that extra mental boost. I usually get white chocolate mocha. So tasty. I think I'll head over and get one now.

Me too!  We are brothers!  I  :heart you H. 

Offline Ħ

« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2012, 05:01:05 PM »
Hm...with or without whipped cream?

Offline Ryzee

« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2012, 05:04:52 PM »
Uhhh...I don't know, how do YOU get it?

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2012, 05:16:14 PM »

You should see Seattle. I work downtown, and can literally stand in one spot and see multiple Starbucks. In addition to the Tullys, SBC, and any other random coffee house/shop that dares do business in this town.

I think I will count how many I see between my office and my bus stop on the way home today.

And I dislike coffee. Sometimes living here makes me feel like I am in some weird (and boring) Twilight Zone episode.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2012, 05:16:39 PM »
Don't forget they're in every grocery store now.  Within a mile of my apartment are probably 12 or so. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2012, 05:22:04 PM »
If the weather is warm I might have a frappuchino or an Iced tea, if it's cold I'll have a Mocha.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2012, 05:41:46 PM »
I also always give false names for the hell of it.

:lol This. if I'm on my own at a coffe shop I do this everytime.  I always thought I was weird but I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2012, 05:43:12 PM »
Don't forget they're in every grocery store now.  Within a mile of my apartment are probably 12 or so.

That's absoulte overkill.