Author Topic: Black Ink - New Track  (Read 2493 times)

Online BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
Black Ink - New Track
« on: August 20, 2012, 10:19:12 AM »
https://soundcloud.com/albin-l-rnhem/lies-in-death

Crazy instrumental section from 0:00 ~ 6:10, more mellow stuff after that.

I would love for you guys to listen and comment what you think of it. Thanks.

EDIT: New track added further down.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 04:09:29 AM by BlackInk »

Offline perfectcircle58

Re: Lies in Death - Progressive Metal by Black Ink
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 10:32:20 AM »
Dude, this is awesome  :metal I love how it's a very organic "stream of consciousness"-style piece in the sense that it just kind of drifts from one section to the next gradually but with transitions that are so subtle that it all fits together. That's what I'm working on most in my writing-- I think the hardest part of writing experimental/prog music is getting the transitions to really keep the song a cohesive whole instead of sounding like a bunch of different sections. The only thing I thought sounded a little weird was the guitar, especially in the first couple minutes of the song. I don't know how to describe it, but especially the palm muted guitar sounds a little off (but maybe that's just the sound you were going for-- not really sure). Also, I'm curious about the programs you used to write and record your music? I forget the name of the program that you said you used in your post, but could you tell me a little about it in terms of cost and what it allows you to do in terms of writing, recording, and getting decent-sounding computer-generated instruments? I currently use musescore to write and audacity to record, and I really hate musescore. I think if I found the right program to write my stuff and generate instruments other than guitar (which I record myself) that don't sound like MIDI crap, it would really improve my writing and make it sound more like a professional song like this one. Overall, awesome stuff.

Online BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 02:56:32 PM »
Thanks man, nice to hear someone appreciating my stuff.

As for what programs I use: I'm currently pretty much as 'amateur' you can get. I program all instruments in Guitar Pro, export in MIDI and use some free shit direct MIDI to MP3 converter. That's why the guitars sound so lame and that's why there's no vocals since I can't record anything, just program it.

I will hopefully record some real stuff later this year and upload the results here.

Offline Dellers

• Funky Norwegian!
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 01:36:29 PM »
Cool stuff, and it would of course be interesting to hear it with some actual instruments and vocals. If you're doing everything yourself that is quite time consuming though, but programming in GP is also quite some job IME. Just recorded a long piece myself, and it takes a lot of time and passion.
https://soundcloud.com/dellers2/jpxi-o
Religious faith can only exist when there is no God, otherwise there wouldn't be a reason to believe.

Online BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 02:30:37 AM »
Thank you. It's actually me and two other guys so hopefully us goofing around will keep the passion up for the time we need to finish..

Online BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
Re: Progressive Metal by Black Ink
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 01:12:50 PM »
Dekost's post reminded me that I also have a new song up, listen if you're interested!

As always since the instruments are programmed and are not the final versions of the songs the quality and the sound might sound weird.

https://soundcloud.com/albin-l-rnhem/walk-into-the-light

Online BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
Re: Progressive Metal by Black Ink
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2012, 03:36:48 PM »
Discovered that with reversed audio and very little tampering my prog songs becomes ambient electronic music. This is just for sitting back and relax, not at all as you might would listen to prog.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ApricityAmbient

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2012, 12:32:14 AM »
Thanks man, nice to hear someone appreciating my stuff.

As for what programs I use: I'm currently pretty much as 'amateur' you can get. I program all instruments in Guitar Pro, export in MIDI and use some free shit direct MIDI to MP3 converter. That's why the guitars sound so lame and that's why there's no vocals since I can't record anything, just program it.

I will hopefully record some real stuff later this year and upload the results here.

Thats a good idea to do. Really helps me a lot, since I never bothered to snap about exporting in MIDI then uploading it onto Ableton which I can use the built in instruments for now. The only thing that sucks is it doesn't really do slides or hammer on/pull-offs well. But it is something to get your music known
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
Re: Black Ink - Prog Metal Backwards? BAM. Ambient Electronic
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2013, 03:07:31 AM »
Haven't posted here in a while, but just uploaded a new track and thought I might share it with whoever's interested here. As usual it's a computer programmed demo, so the sound is clear, but instruments sound a but off since they're not real. Most so the distorted guitars.

https://soundcloud.com/albin-l-rnhem/paradoxical-defense-computer

Listens and comments either here or there are much appriciated.

Online BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
Re: Black Ink - New Track
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2014, 11:10:23 AM »
Just a short track 'experimenting' with some styles I normally don't use:

https://soundcloud.com/albin-l-rnhem/lcars-computer-demo

Offline Nefarius

• Named Nefarius since before it was cool.
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2014, 02:53:50 AM »
Very nice stuff! I listened to all of the computer demos and immediately liked them. A few sections are quite easy to imagine with real instruments while others are harder to wrap one's head around. What I liked most is that it's complex and dynamic but still smooth and calm. I would call it Space Prog. :coolio

The guitar playing me is quite lazy so I'm not sure if I would want to learn all the rhythmic patterns and melodic structures. :biggrin:

But there are many sections that are extremely inviting to the singing me. They are simply begging for pouring vocal melodies and harmonies all over them and then shape and refine them until they're right.

If you ever want to do some international internet collaboration, consider me interested. :tup

Greetings...
Nef

Online BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2014, 11:23:03 AM »
Thank you very much, I'm very glad you like them.

Yeah, I would love to actually hear my own stuff with the lyrics (which are in the description of each song btw) and vocal melodies I have made for each of these songs, since I have only ever heard them in my own head and with my own (quite below average) singing voice.

If you ever want to do some international internet collaboration, consider me interested. :tup

I will definetely keep that in mind if I ever get to recording any of this stuff!

Online BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
Re: Black Ink - Yet Another One
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2015, 01:56:52 PM »
Another song up. This one is part of a double concept album I have been working on for many years now. Thought that this was a cool enough track to share. This has got a more rock-ish feel that a lot of my previous stuff. Hope those of you who listens likes it. Feedback is always welcome.

https://soundcloud.com/albin-l-rnhem/long-to-forget-computer-demo

Online BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2015, 03:38:19 PM »
In honor of TesseracT's new album being out, I thought I'd upload a new TesseracT inspired track on my soundcloud. I wrote this today, and thought it turned out quite nice.

https://soundcloud.com/albin-l-rnhem/blue-midi-demo

Offline jakepriest

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2015, 06:09:10 AM »
In honor of TesseracT's new album being out, I thought I'd upload a new TesseracT inspired track on my soundcloud. I wrote this today, and thought it turned out quite nice.

https://soundcloud.com/albin-l-rnhem/blue-midi-demo

I dig the Tesseract signature groovy riff at the end there.  :metal

Online BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2015, 06:17:34 AM »
Thanks, man!