Author Topic: Explain your username  (Read 9419 times)

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
Re: Explain your username
« Reply #105 on: August 17, 2012, 01:14:04 PM »
Speaking of the Saints logo... there's a HUGE Saints helmet on the roof of Shoal Creek Saloon on Lamar here in Austin - couldn't take a pic of it today as I was in the midst of Friday lunch traffic, but I'll definitely make it a point to snap a pic for ya floydie. :)

Weird, considering how far from Saints country that is. Ya think the owner is a transplanted NOLAmite?
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #106 on: August 17, 2012, 01:30:52 PM »
Speaking of the Saints logo... there's a HUGE Saints helmet on the roof of Shoal Creek Saloon on Lamar here in Austin - couldn't take a pic of it today as I was in the midst of Friday lunch traffic, but I'll definitely make it a point to snap a pic for ya floydie. :)

Weird, considering how far from Saints country that is. Ya think the owner is a transplanted NOLAmite?

Most likely, especially since it looks like they have a Cajun bill of fare (from the outside).

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #107 on: August 17, 2012, 02:55:38 PM »
my handle at other places before joining DTF was dreamtheatervt, which was then shortened to DTVT, and the Dr. was added when I successfully defended my dissertation becoming a real life Dr.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #108 on: August 17, 2012, 03:00:11 PM »
I just pronounce it "dideeveetee."
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Ravenheart

• Hair
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #109 on: August 17, 2012, 03:01:40 PM »
Name of a song. Thought it sounded cool.

Offline lateralus88

• The Official DTF Stanley Kubrick Fanboi
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I stabbed Euronymous because he drank my PBR
« Reply #110 on: August 17, 2012, 03:06:17 PM »
Lateralus is a really good song and or album.

I felt its length in quite a few places.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #3

Offline MetalMike06

• DT.net Member
« Reply #111 on: August 17, 2012, 03:30:38 PM »
I like metal. My name is Mike. My graduation year was 2006.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #112 on: August 17, 2012, 04:22:34 PM »
I like metal. My name is Mike. My graduation year was 2006.
I don't understand?  :P
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

• DT.net Member
« Reply #113 on: August 18, 2012, 04:10:06 AM »
I know that requests for specific emotes that are personalized are seldom honored

Says who?

We already have this:  :saints:  But it isn't a very good one.  If you can track down a better one, I'm happy to oblige.

I found this one if you think it'd work and are pleased with it my noble overlord :hefdaddy :

Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #114 on: August 18, 2012, 04:25:32 AM »
When I registered here I couldn't come up with any good name so I just decided to use ? but if I had to pick a username now I would choose a better one.

Offline Ruba

« Reply #115 on: August 18, 2012, 04:26:51 AM »
Nah, it's pretty cool and you have a great avatar.

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #116 on: August 18, 2012, 09:50:17 AM »
Haha, kiitti! :smiley: The avatar fits nicely since The Simpsons is my fave TV series.

Offline SeventhSon

« Reply #117 on: August 18, 2012, 02:07:06 PM »
My favourite Maiden album is Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. I used to go by Polaris on another forum I was on (the now-defunct largest unofficial Metallica forum on the internet) but couldn't do so on this forum since it was taken.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #118 on: August 21, 2012, 10:48:37 AM »
Gee... tbh, I don't know, really. It could be any of the following:

1. My cousin once had pet scorpions and I thought that that was pretty fucking badass.
2. Megadeth's "The Scorpion" was a favourite of mine for a while.
3. Scorpions are fucking cool.

Anyway, pick what you want.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline MasterShakezula

• Owes H $10
« Reply #119 on: August 21, 2012, 10:55:55 AM »
I always thought you were named after the Mortal Kombat character.  How untoasty. 

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #120 on: August 21, 2012, 11:01:22 AM »
I know that requests for specific emotes that are personalized are seldom honored

Says who?

We already have this:  :saints:  But it isn't a very good one.  If you can track down a better one, I'm happy to oblige.

I found this one if you think it'd work and are pleased with it my noble overlord :hefdaddy :

Yeah, that one is much better.  Fixed.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #121 on: August 21, 2012, 11:04:03 AM »
I always thought you were named after the Mortal Kombat character.  How untoasty.

I had never played Mortal Kombat - which became painfully obvious when Nick showed me this emote: :getoverhere: and I had no idea what it was supposed to be.  :lol
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

• DT.net Member
« Reply #122 on: August 21, 2012, 02:58:16 PM »

Says who?

Yeah, that one is much better.  Fixed.

Alright joker, I got this one: My sincere thanks should you oblige.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #123 on: August 21, 2012, 03:05:49 PM »
Alright joker, I got this one: My sincere thanks should you oblige.

???   Why do you want a smaller one?  (and why am I "joker?")

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #124 on: August 21, 2012, 03:08:07 PM »
I would assume because you aren't a smoker or a midnight toker.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #125 on: August 21, 2012, 03:12:54 PM »
@bosk

:saints:

Oh, I tried to make the fleur de lis with "black_floyd" and "b_f" flanked with colons forgetting the code for that one. I thought I'd accidentally posted the same fleur de lis you'd originally posted and that you'd left me with Gambit to toy around with my accidental posting of the same fleur de lis. If it doesn't needlessly eat up memory, however, it would be neat to have a fleur de lis in the compact, 20x20 pixel size of the regular emotes. Since "saints" and "b_f" are already occupied, "black_floyd" or "blackfloyd" would seem to work pretty well.

Thanks again for the effort :)

Also, I'm about to reply to your PM from the other day, I just wanted to be able to keep it well out of the tl;dr realm.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #126 on: August 21, 2012, 03:13:08 PM »
But...but...nobody calls me Maurice either.  I feel so cheated.  :(

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #127 on: August 21, 2012, 03:14:43 PM »
@bosk

:saints:

Oh, I tried to make the fleur de lis with "black_floyd" and "b_f" flanked with colons forgetting the code for that one. I thought I'd accidentally posted the same fleur de lis you'd originally posted and that you'd left me with Gambit to toy around with my accidental posting of the same fleur de lis. If it doesn't needlessly eat up memory, however, it would be neat to have a fleur de lis in the compact, 20x20 pixel size of the regular emotes. Since "saints" and "b_f" are already occupied, "black_floyd" or "blackfloyd" would seem to work pretty well.

Thanks again for the effort :)

Also, I'm about to reply to your PM from the other day, I just wanted to be able to keep it well out of the tl;dr realm.

Oh, I see.  No, I deleted the original ugly one and replaced it with the one you posted.  I guess that made my post confusing because the code I had in my original post that was previously the ugly one now made the new one appear. 

I think that makes sense...

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #128 on: August 21, 2012, 03:18:38 PM »
Okay, done.  Slightly different code than you asked for, but this should be easier to remember.

:bountyhunter:

Offline Ryzee

« Reply #129 on: August 21, 2012, 03:21:03 PM »
I don't have to explain anything, thank you very much.  This is still America, is it not?  I pay my taxes.  I'm a law-abiding citizen.

Good day sir.

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #130 on: August 21, 2012, 03:21:12 PM »
When I first started registering at various internet places, I was around 15 or 16, and I really wanted to use the same "name" everywhere. Just wanted to create some sort of a fantasy name for myself. I came up with Mora (a shortened version of an even earlier, "Elvish" nickname); and I wanted to use a fantasy "surname" too, and I went with Winterheart. But then I thought "oh, crap, everyone will think I got it because I'm a Sonata fan" (Sonata Arctica has an album called Winterheart's Guild), and I switched "heart" with "soul".

It's childish, cheesy and a little silly so therefore, it fits me well after all these years :D I use it on my last.fm, my tumblr, and some other places too I think. There's one forum I post on under my real name and that took me a lot of courage because I thought people would bug me on my Facebook. And then I thought "hey, but I like having various forum people on my Facebook, and I can ignore the ones I don't like".

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #131 on: August 21, 2012, 03:29:56 PM »
Okay, done.  Slightly different code than you asked for, but this should be easier to remember.

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #132 on: August 21, 2012, 03:34:50 PM »

Bosk1 Wins!!

FATALITY!

Offline Ħ

« Reply #133 on: August 21, 2012, 03:40:55 PM »
I don't know.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #134 on: August 21, 2012, 03:50:12 PM »
I don't know.

Don't lie, Howard.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #135 on: August 21, 2012, 03:51:08 PM »
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

• DT.net Member
« Reply #136 on: August 21, 2012, 04:02:08 PM »

:lol

If I was anything but a Saints fan, I could easily see the humor in it but I'd greatly appreciate having code on it that I can use since I literally can never use that code.