Author Topic: 10 Years  (Read 7362 times)

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: 10 Years
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2012, 06:27:58 PM »
I joined in October 2004. I've had a lot of great memories of this forum over the years.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2012, 06:44:14 PM »
Then post more, dickhead. I miss seeing your Ravens fandom and I sincerely mean that. Don't be a stranger.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2012, 06:54:58 PM »
Then post more, dickhead. I miss seeing your Ravens fandom and I sincerely mean that. Don't be a stranger.

Thanks man. That means a lot.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2012, 06:56:50 PM »
Will be at 10 years in less than a year and a half... hot damn.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2012, 06:58:10 PM »
It's been 6 (joined dt.net in March 2006) years for me... I'm a youngun
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline carl320

• The Knight of Cups
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2012, 09:47:27 PM »
Says a lot about this forum that so many people stick around for a long time.  I've been in varying states of activity here since 2000.
In high school my buddies and I built a Van Der Graaf generator.  You know, to get girls.

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2012, 10:36:10 PM »
I was hoping best musian and proffer can't spell we're archived

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2012, 10:57:30 PM »
I joined DT.net in 2004 and then left.  Came back in 2007 after the split.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline robwebster

« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2012, 02:18:25 AM »
Unfortunately, only a few pages have been archived, so a lot of the links don't work. Other than that, enjoy the ride.

https://web.archive.org/web/20030124023727/https://www.dreamtheater.net/bb/

https://web.archive.org/web/20040615204834/https://www.dreamtheater.net/bb/

https://web.archive.org/web/20070626050644/https://dreamtheaterforums.org/index.php?board=1.0

https://web.archive.org/web/20081228042436/https://dreamtheaterforums.org/forum/index.php?action=forum

https://web.archive.org/web/20081217075710/https://dreamtheaterforums.org/forum/index.php?board=1.0
To add a new one - this would've been during my first month.

https://web.archive.org/web/20041208002914/https://www.dreamtheater.net/bb/

I really like this bit, towards the top:

Political/Religious Discussion
Keep these kind of threads in here. The rest of the General Discussion rules apply. This is a TEMPORARY forum.

Didn't last long, did it?

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2012, 07:28:43 PM »
Only 4 years for me. You peeps make me happy.  :heart
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2012, 07:35:30 PM »
12 years for me! 

This, quite literally. I registered in June/July 2000 on the old EZBoard. I was an 18 year old pissant. :lol
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2012, 09:39:44 PM »

https://web.archive.org/web/20041208002914/https://www.dreamtheater.net/bb/

I really like this bit, towards the top:

Political/Religious Discussion
Keep these kind of threads in here. The rest of the General Discussion rules apply. This is a TEMPORARY forum.

Didn't last long, did it?
Hell, it had more threads and posts than most of the forum. 

It's a shame that none of the posts are archived.  I'd like to read some of Violent Green's posts.  I gather he was my kinda guy.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline SnakeEyes

• Conservative Ninja, yet not mute
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2012, 10:32:02 PM »
VG was awesome.... I used to have pages and pages of debates with him.  I didn't agree with him at all as far as politics or anything like that, but he was a good guy.  Fun to have a discussion with. 

edit..

I remember when VG left the forum and had his account deleted, which meant his user name became available.  He then came back as "Alethea" and no one figured it out until he was back around for a while, but then he admitted it was him.  So, I registered as "ViolentGreen" because it was available and started posting about how "I" (as VG) loved Symphony X.  hahahaha
Now that Obama has closed Gitmo, when will he turn his attention to the abuses and torturing of the onions that are used to make the angry whopper?

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2012, 10:36:27 PM »
Yeah he was a good guy even though i didn't know him as well as others. 

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2012, 10:42:13 PM »
Only 3 for me.  :P I remember when I first started posting, I was terrible at it.. I was one annoying punk... still am just not the punk
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

• DT.net Member
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2012, 10:43:32 PM »
Nah, you cool. No one else has regaled us with molestation horror stories involving mascot outfits :metardica:
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2012, 10:54:01 PM »
Still one of the most awkward moments of my life. A 65 year old woman dirty talking and "molesting" an 18 year old in a Chester Cheetah mascot costume
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

• DT.net Member
« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2012, 11:33:05 PM »
At least you were legal, stud muffin :eyebrows:

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2012, 11:51:47 PM »
It's funny... in some ways, I feel like I've been here forever.  But I KNOW that I haven't even been here a full year yet.

You peoples are the best them. :2metal:

Offline efxf

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2012, 12:21:45 AM »
I think I first registered in April 2004.  I lurked for awhile before then and I still mostly lurk.   

• DT.net Member
I AM RESPONSIBLE!!
« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2012, 12:36:25 AM »
I know this isn't the best time to bring this up, but I just found out I have HPV. I think anyone who's PMed with me in the last three months should probably get tested immediately. I know this is sudden and jarring but I'm trying to be responsible. I'm trying to.....be......responsible.

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2012, 12:41:16 AM »
I joined in February 2008. I had been a DT fan since the summer '07 and I later on decided to join a DT forum.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2012, 01:27:06 AM »
It's funny... in some ways, I feel like I've been here forever.  But I KNOW that I haven't even been here a full year yet.

Exactly this. Rock on, DTF.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline MasterShakezula

• Owes H $10
Re: I AM RESPONSIBLE!!
« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2012, 01:37:42 AM »
I know this isn't the best time to bring this up, but I just found out I have HPV. I think anyone who's PMed with me in the last three months should probably get tested immediately. I know this is sudden and jarring but I'm trying to be responsible. I'm trying to.....be......responsible.[/size

Pics or you didn't catch it.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2012, 01:44:18 AM »
I know this isn't the best time to bring this up, but I just found out I have HPV. I think anyone who's PMed with me in the last three months should probably get tested immediately. I know this is sudden and jarring but I'm trying to be responsible. I'm trying to.....be......responsible.

Damn, a simple question about angel hair pasta, and I'm fucked. Thanks a lot bud.
:psychosane:

• DT.net Member
« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2012, 02:12:26 AM »

Pics or you didn't catch it.

Damn, a simple question about angel hair pasta, and I'm fucked. Thanks a lot bud.
:psychosane:

But seriously, that technique worked like a fucking charm. 2 days later and no clumping whatsoever.

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2012, 02:34:35 AM »

Oh shit...

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2012, 02:59:05 AM »
I think I joined in late 2002 or early 2003? Wow! Still many years already...  :hat
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010... 2020

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2012, 03:05:22 AM »

Exactly this. Rock on, DTF.

Word, my friend. :2metal:

Offline robwebster

« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2012, 03:06:06 AM »

On that note!

I've really liked the number of MPers who've started posting here more over the last couple of years. Yourself, kirksnosehair, JRundquist,  Cecilia... always sort of known you all by name, but I've never been particularly active on MP.com, rules are a little too strict for me, (as is their prerogative!) and as such I've never really known any of you as people. So it's a bit like finally meeting the neighbours who live upstairs. Really neat!

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2012, 03:08:39 AM »
I sometimes think I should've been here instead of there, but part of my Internet journey was finding you folks when I did.  And thanks for the compliments! :)

Edit:  Don't forget jammindude too.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 03:54:41 AM by DebraKadabra »