Author Topic: A long weekend at Henning Pauly's  (Read 3168 times)

Offline ohgar

• Wha?
  • Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.
Re: A long weekend at Henning Pauly's
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2012, 06:03:46 PM »
Ben, you're such a fucking troll.  Why did you even come back?

I'm not trolling; I'm just curious. There was a guy who posted on 5/8 who recorded an album with Derek Sherinian and it was cool and all, but no one treated him like a celebrity. Prog musicians and aging 80s singers need money, so they sometimes record albums with people who can afford to pay them. No one would know who Henning was if he didn't record an album with James Labrie or Sebastian Bach (and few people know who he is to this day).
Iam pridem, ex quo suffragia nulli vendimus, effudit curas; nam qui dabat olim imperium, fasces, legiones, omnia, nunc se continet atque duas tantum res anxius optat, panem et circenses.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2012, 06:20:34 PM »
Few people know about DT (in the grand scheme of things), but there are 5000 of them here. If you knew anything about this forum, and some of the regular posters like obscure, you'd know why it's thread worthy. This place isn't like 5/8

I knew there was a reason I ignored your posts.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline ohgar

• Wha?
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2012, 06:21:54 PM »
As of this month I've been here for ten years, Mr. DTF.org Alumni. I remember when Henning posted on DT.net trying to get us to listen to his projects.
Iam pridem, ex quo suffragia nulli vendimus, effudit curas; nam qui dabat olim imperium, fasces, legiones, omnia, nunc se continet atque duas tantum res anxius optat, panem et circenses.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2012, 06:31:28 PM »
Dear Mr. DTF.org Alumni,

I've been here since August 2002.

Regards,

ohgar

Clear evidence quantity =\= quality. Just cuz you've lurked and trolled here for 10 years doesn't disprove my point of you not knowing the people or culture here.  Maybe you do, but your post a couple before suggests you don't.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline ohgar

• Wha?
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2012, 06:40:34 PM »
Dear Mr. DTF.org Alumni,

I've been here since August 2002.

Regards,

ohgar

Clear evidence quantity =\= quality. Just cuz you've lurked and trolled here for 10 years doesn't disprove my point of you not knowing the people or culture here.  Maybe you do, but your post a couple before suggests you don't.

I know lots of the people here; for example, I remember when bosk1 was made P/R mod, when splent made a thread asking if he could be a mod, when SASR made XJDenton a mod to replace Borlag, and when neversaydie created DTF.com with two guys named antipopular and aran after Itchy pulled the plug on DT.net. But if your point is that I don't know you or the OP, then I certainly can't disagree with you.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2012, 06:41:13 PM »
This discussion is over. 
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2012, 06:44:23 PM »
This discussion is over.

Is it?

It is now.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2012, 07:25:11 PM »
You getting excited for the Beyond the Bridge show yet?

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2012, 02:03:16 AM »
Yessssssssss!!! Very much so :)

And I love my friends and mods and the culture around here :hearts:

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2012, 12:35:44 AM »
here are the first two (musician) interviews from that trip:

Adrian O’Shaughnessy

When I started this journey, my biggest goal was to give some exposure to obscure bands and artists…

But you know what, now I understand that I actually never knew the potential awesomeness I would find and the horizons I would discover!

Today, I am talking about one vocalist who sings the best song I’ve heard in the past year… This Irish singer/songwriter – who also has a very nice personality, if I might say so myself – I wouldn’t have the privilege of meeting should Henning Pauly didn’t invite me to his studio for some recording sessions with him…

I’m talking about  Adrian O’Shaughnessy!

If he didn’t work with Henning Pauly, I might not have heard of him… even the idea scares the hell out of me as I am addicted his vocals now!

When I was over there, witnessing awesomeness coming to life, of course I didn’t forget about you and asked him a lot of questions about his work with Henning Pauly, Shawn Gordon, his solo career and aspirations.

Let me thank Christina Leschinsky and Henning Pauly to make this interview happen and of course Adrian for taking the time to answer my questions and for his kindness throughout those 4 days!

Now I leave you with my interview with the man and the link to my report from those sessions in case you haven’t read that already! Oh, and here is his Facebook Page!

‘Till next time folks!

Alex Fröse

Hey guys,

If you were following me recently, you must know by now that I was recently in Frankfurt for some recording sessions at Henning Pauly’s.

Henning sent me his tunes some time ago, including the stuff he hasn’t released yet. I took them all and hit the road to meet my MBA folks in Istanbul…

So there I was on the plane with a lot of Henning Pauly tunes with some other albums waiting to be reviewed on the side.

I don’t know if this is the same with you but I love listening to music during my travels… Especially, driving to music… It’s the best! It’s something else, another experience!

Anyhow, among all others I had the third Frameshift album – Loading Oakfield first… As I was extremely excited about it after being bedazzled by the first two… How couldn’t I? Awesome song writing, perfect instrumentation and vocals delivered by my James LaBrie (Unweaving The Rainbow ) and Sebastian Bach (An Absence of Empathy).

Now I’ve got the third one on my hands by an unknown (at least to me) vocalist: Alex Fröse.

I hit the play button without knowing what to expect… With mixed emotions… And what the heck!?! He was awesome! Then, how-come I didn’t know about him?

After I gave the album 5-6 spins in a row (Yes!) and I started to regret that I wouldn’t see him at Henning’s… I check my inbox at the airport and surprise!

An interesting message from Henning Pauly, and I quote “‘Hi Nem, we started recording yesterday and it is going well – we’ve already done 5 songs. Saturday individual interviews with Adrian, Alex and myself.”

Alex?? Alex?? I mean… seriously???

Anyways, I won’t spoil it further for you and leave you with my chat with Alex!