Author Topic: 2012-08-15 - Palacio de Los Deportes - Bogotá, COL  (Read 8590 times)

Offline LCArenas

• DTF.org Member
2012-08-15 - Palacio de Los Deportes - Bogotá, COL
« on: August 15, 2012, 10:04:55 PM »
I'm speechless. It has to be one of my most unforgettable nights of my life. Seeing DT so close, the way they played, the thousand emotions I felt during the show, bringing me from laughter to tears. I have no words right now. But I can assure you it was mindblowing.

I can't really say this list is accurate and I really hope somebody was in the venue tonight so they can correct me.

-Intro/Dream is Collapsing-
Bridges in the Sky
Caught in a Web
Build me Up, Break Me Down
This is the Life
These Walls
Lost Not Forgotten (I think that at this point Mike was going to do the Drum solo but James suggested not to and he said something about fixing the fumes down and that he couldn't breathe well or something, can't remember well)
Drum Solo
A Fortune In Lies
Wait for Sleep
Far From Heaven
Outcry
Surrounded
On the Backs of Angels
War Inside My Head
The Test that Stumped Them All
The Spirit Carries On
Breaking All Illusions

-Encore-
Pull Me Under

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
Re: 2012-08-15 - Palacio de Los Deportes - Bogotá, COL
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 10:22:59 PM »
Caught In A Web finally makes an appearance. Sounds like an awesome set!  :metal
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 10:25:15 PM »
YEAH!!!

Rotating setlist!!!
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline GasparXR

• Why would I put something personal here?
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 11:24:07 PM »
Wow, one the best setlists of the tour. I hope this show, or another show with the same set gets a bootleg release.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 11:55:12 PM »
Hell yeah Caught in a Web!
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 12:00:13 AM »
omgomgomgomgomgomg!!
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 02:53:00 AM »
Caught in a Web! :metal I thought it would be logical to play it in the place of 6:00 in setlist B since both songs are as long and from Awake. I was a bit underwhelmed when I didn't see it on the San Salvador setlist but looks like they started playing it again! :tup

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2012, 02:57:08 AM »
(I think that at this point Mike was going to do the Drum solo but James suggested not to and he said something about fixing the fumes down and that he couldn't breathe well or something, can't remember well)

James couldn't breathe well? I hope he didn't strain his voice because of this, the DVD shooting is right ahead!
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2012, 04:15:07 AM »
  :(

Offline Mladen

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2012, 04:37:26 AM »
Relax, guys, James knows what he's doing.  :tup Good to see Caught in a web, I hope it's not a mistake.

Offline britoven

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2012, 07:37:01 AM »
I was there, too. The setlist posted by LCArenas is accurate as far as I can recall.
I too heard James saying something about the fumes and not being able to breathe well, but I wasn't completely sure what it was about... I've seen other singers complain about similar things in Bogotá, which is around 8500 ft above sea level. It might have had something to do with that.
Other than that, it was my third DT show and they're at the top of their game. James was spot on.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2012, 08:44:56 AM »
Yea, being 8,500 ft above sea level would definitely leaves James out of breath a lot quicker than most places in the United States. That is some serious elevation and definitely explains why he would be out of breath. As far as fumes go, he could have been mentioning smog or some kind of industrial bi-product that he's just not use to breathing in on a daily basis. That could have messed with him as well.

Offline amechudo

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2012, 10:36:25 AM »
Amazing concert, I was lucky to be there, night full of emotions, Mangini is an Alien! That guy cant be from this planet, that Drum Solo was amazing... The Setlist is correct, I was surprised by Caught In A Web too, personally I wanted to hear 6:00 because I had seen CIAW twice in the past in other shows, but overall it was better and they have not played that one here in Colombia before. Having seen DT several times before I have to say they are sounding extremely well, and they looked really happy on stage, it was amazing to see them again with this superb show.

Just for the record, it was not James the one who was tired during the concert, it was Mangini. At the end of These Walls, James announced that Mangini was going to do the Drum Solo, but Mangini asked to do it after the next song, so James turned to the crowd and said "he is going to show us his brilliance after the next song" and then make some remark about how the fumes were making him feel "out of this world" or something like that, and then went backstage to get them fixed while the band started with Lost Not Forgotten.

Amazing show! I cant wait for the next Blu-Ray. Also something interesting I saw before the show, while we were waiting to get in the venue, some guys from the DT crew were doing some shots, asking people to show them shirts and other souvenirs related to the band and also asking the crowd to scream, they were americans and didnt speak spanish so I guess they are involved in the Blu-Ray release... I hope they show some of that footage in it.

If anyone want to check, here's a video of yesterday's concert, posted by a Colombian rock website, the band playing Caught In a Web: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U906WehG_M8

Offline nikatapi

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2012, 10:57:15 AM »
amechudo thanks for the post and the video, it probably was an amazing concert!

I don't know if this is a problem of camera audio recording, but i've noticed in a lot of videos that MM's bass drum sound is almost non-existent, and it seems strange, i remember MP's bass drum sound was at least noticeable in this kind of videos...

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2012, 11:02:06 AM »
Thank you very much, amechudo, for these interesting information. I actually considered the possibility that it was in fact Mike the one with issues (otherwise why postponing his solo?), but ultimately my JLB fanboyism caused my concern for his health to take over my rationality!  :lol

Also, good to hear DT delivered a great concert, once again.  :metal
- Marco

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2012, 11:33:47 AM »
these setlists are awesome. im jelly

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2012, 12:07:06 PM »
Good stuff, thanks for posting!
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2012, 02:27:49 PM »
I don't know if this is a problem of camera audio recording, but i've noticed in a lot of videos that MM's bass drum sound is almost non-existent, and it seems strange, i remember MP's bass drum sound was at least noticeable in this kind of videos...

No clue what you're talking about there - I was able to hear it just fine.

amechudo - welcome to DTF, and that's one hell of a good first post!  Cool info, and cool video!!! :2metal:

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2012, 05:20:26 PM »
I watched some videos online of this show. James doesn't really sound completely ok... Maybe it was just the height...  :\
- Marco

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2012, 05:35:59 PM »
I watched some videos online of this show. James doesn't really sound completely ok... Maybe it was just the height...  :\
That is probably the reason. You lose your breath so much easier at that height. Its ridiculous. It probably made someone of the longer lines to sing quite difficult to make it through without having to take a breath. Not to mention each breath doesn't work for him as good as the same at sea level.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2012, 06:44:33 PM »
lol chill, you guys are probably more worried about james than he is  :lol
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline amechudo

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2012, 07:16:07 PM »
amechudo - welcome to DTF, and that's one hell of a good first post!  Cool info, and cool video!!! :2metal:

Thanks a lot guys, I have been coming to check the forum daily for years... I just never posted, maybe I'm kind of shy because english is not my language... But still, I have been following DT since forever and this is the best community I have ever seen, maybe I will post from time to time to get more involved  ;D.

About James voice, I dont know, yesterday he was great, but, also is worth to say that maybe the only complaint I have of the concert was that James was really low in the mix, sometimes he even spoke to the crowd and most of us could not even listen what he was saying, maybe that does make it seems like he was not doing ok in that video, but believe me, he and all the rest of them were just fantastic.

Offline LCArenas

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2012, 07:35:41 PM »

Thanks a lot guys, I have been coming to check the forum daily for years... I just never posted, maybe I'm kind of shy because english is not my language... But still, I have been following DT since forever and this is the best community I have ever seen, maybe I will post from time to time to get more involved  ;D.

About James voice, I dont know, yesterday he was great, but, also is worth to say that maybe the only complaint I have of the concert was that James was really low in the mix, sometimes he even spoke to the crowd and most of us could not even listen what he was saying, maybe that does make it seems like he was not doing ok in that video, but believe me, he and all the rest of them were just fantastic.
Indeed. I was somewhat pissed off when James said something in the end of Pull Me Under that was quite long but I didn't hear anything because his voice was too low in the mix. But other than that his vocals were amazing, specially those after the drum solo.

Amechudo: Le gustará este lugar, es algo bizarro en ocasiones, pero en general es cómodo postear. Bienvenido!

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2012, 07:48:02 PM »

I wouldn't be shy at all, because your English is great! :)

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2012, 11:54:48 PM »

Thanks a lot guys, I have been coming to check the forum daily for years... I just never posted, maybe I'm kind of shy because english is not my language... But still, I have been following DT since forever and this is the best community I have ever seen, maybe I will post from time to time to get more involved  ;D .
I wouldn't be shy at all, because your English is great! :)

Ninja'd by RMV - I wouldn't be shy either, your English is just fine. :)

Offline LCArenas

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2012, 07:20:31 PM »
SO here's a video of Pull Me Under played that night with a pretty amazing quality. One of the most exciting moments of the concert hands down. What do you think?

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2012, 07:31:29 PM »
SO here's a video of Pull Me Under played that night with a pretty amazing quality. One of the most exciting moments of the concert hands down. What do you think?
3:40

John Myung is on stage left.  :metal

WHAT. THE. FUCK. :lol

Offline amechudo

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2012, 08:56:18 PM »

Wow! I had not seen that one! Thanks, it sounds great...

Offline LCArenas

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2012, 08:12:16 PM »

Wow! I had not seen that one! Thanks, it sounds great...
Get a load of this one of Surrounded. Comparing that nights performance to that of their last album (Chaos In Motion) James has gotten 100x better these years. To me this was one of the most amazing moments of the concert. It was incredible.

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2012, 12:06:38 AM »
James sounds great on that Surrounded video! :tup I don't mind getting another live version of this song so soon as it makes up for the weak performance on CIM. The PMU clip sounds pretty good as well.