Author Topic: Volk's Top 50 Albums!  (Read 15338 times)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Volk's Top 50 Albums!
« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2010, 04:36:48 AM »
10. Incubus- Make Yourself: Incubus at their finest. Although their next album would show more maturity, this one showed how much raw power and energy they still had left to burn. Brandon (lead singer) is very diverse on this album, from soothing, to funk-like, to screams. The basslines are groovy and hard-hitting, and the turntables do a nice job of adding some extra flavor. This album is pretty much near perfect, save a tiny measure of filler.

This album is simply AMAZING!!
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline zxlkho

• Official Dream Theater Hater.
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2010, 06:30:16 AM »
10. Incubus- Make Yourself: Incubus at their finest. Although their next album would show more maturity, this one showed how much raw power and energy they still had left to burn. Brandon (lead singer) is very diverse on this album, from soothing, to funk-like, to screams. The basslines are groovy and hard-hitting, and the turntables do a nice job of adding some extra flavor. This album is pretty much near perfect, save a tiny measure of filler.

This album is simply AMAZING!!
I completely agree with this. And I would really like to see the number 1 album!
I AM A GUY
You're a fucking stupid bitch.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?

Offline Volk9

• DTF's Representative of the Negro Community
  • Pokeballs got nothin' on this
« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2010, 09:35:39 AM »
Lol, my number 1 is an album no ones heard of (most likely), but I'll type up a proper summary of it later.
DOWNLOAD MY FREE NEW ALBUM!

(For fans of breakbeat, trip hop, acid jazz, etc)

https://abstractinthesky.com/

<br />Yeah, once you graduate high school, you need to listen to Death Metal like an adult.<br />

Offline MetalManiac666

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2010, 10:09:58 PM »
Hahaha.  Been leavin' us hanging for a while, haven't you Volk?

Offline Volk9

« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2010, 04:18:24 PM »
Ok, I'll start typing it up now

<br />Yeah, once you graduate high school, you need to listen to Death Metal like an adult.<br />

Offline Volk9

« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2010, 04:26:29 PM »
1. David Sylvian- Secrets of the Beehive: I don't know exactly what to say about this album, but its absolutely my favorite album that I've ever listened too. When I first listened to the album/David Sylvian, I honestly couldn't believe what a priceless gem I had found in this album. Musically, the songs are very dark, acoustic, and even slightly depressing. But what really captured me were Sylvian's vocals. Upon the first lines sung in the album, I immediately fell in love. His voice is so deep, dark, and expressive. You can really feel the emotion with which he writes the songs. The atmospheres are chilling, yet uplifting, eerie, yet profound. The combination of the music and his voice is stunningly beautiful and haunting. Its just an amazing album from beginning to end. If you'd like to check out individual songs, I highly recommend listening to Forbidden Colors or The Boy with the Gun. Both are amazing songs (A Boy with a Gun was the song that really captured me). Anyways, check out this album. Hopefully you'll enjoy at lest half as mmuch as I have, and still do (Hell, im listening to it right now :D)

Offline Marvellous G

• I'm not sure on the avatar swearing policy...
« Reply #76 on: May 28, 2010, 04:30:51 PM »
I actually remember you recommending him in a thread that got locked a while ago, and I gave him a listen and I LOVED everything I heard, specifically Boy With A Gun, but I think I listened to the album once and then only a few more times. You have once again inspired me to listen to him again! Great choice for number 1.

Offline Volk9

« Reply #77 on: May 28, 2010, 06:35:53 PM »
I actually remember you recommending him in a thread that got locked a while ago, and I gave him a listen and I LOVED everything I heard, specifically Boy With A Gun, but I think I listened to the album once and then only a few more times. You have once again inspired me to listen to him again! Great choice for number 1.

Oh sweet! Glad you liked it. I've listened to this album hundreds of times, and I still never get bored with it. I just think its a perfect album. But im glad you like it dude :tup