Author Topic: Shooting at TDKR in Colorado  (Read 13038 times)

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
Re: Shooting at TDKR in Colorado
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2012, 11:00:17 AM »
are they expecting Obama to dismantle the gunman's booby traps in his apartment? like he's supposed to show up and go, "step aside boys, i got this shit"

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2012, 11:09:26 AM »
Well, he did strangle Bin Laden with his bare hands, so this should be easy for him.
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2012, 11:45:39 AM »
Hey guys, politics has a separate area to be discussed. Be respectful to this particularly sensitive topic.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2012, 11:46:49 AM »
Interesting they got him alive. Don't gunmen usually either die in a shootout or kill themselves in these situations?

Since they got him alive, have they figured out his motive?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2012, 11:53:08 AM »
Interesting they got him alive. Don't gunmen usually either die in a shootout or kill themselves in these situations?

I was wondering this too. According to Time Newsfeed, he was chilling by his car after the shooting. When police approached him, he didn't resist arrest.

That's creepy.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2012, 11:53:51 AM »

Since they got him alive, have they figured out his motive?
The ones with balls do.

No, although much speculation.  I know the conservatives are blasting everybody else for assuming he was a tea-bagger.  Just based on appearances, seems more likely he couldn't get a date for the premier and went off his nut.  Looked like the nerdy type.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2012, 11:54:18 AM »
you think he didnt off himself because he wanted to lead them to his rigged apartment? i mean they would ID him anyway and find his house, but maybe he wanted to tell them?

Offline Adami

« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2012, 11:54:47 AM »

I was wondering this too. According to Time Newsfeed, he was chilling by his car after the shooting. When police approached him, he didn't resist arrest.

That's creepy.

I wonder if he did it with some kind of "message" that he hoped to deliver. Like that Norwegian shooter who did it all to send a message.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Marion Crane

• Smile, you're on MurderTV.
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2012, 11:55:31 AM »

Offline theseoafs

• When the lights go down in the city, and the sun shines on the bayyyyy
  • Hello! My name is Elder Price
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2012, 11:57:40 AM »
There are shitty people in the world.  Shitty people who kill people, and shitty people who politicize those killings.

I don't know what to say about this, other than that it's a tragedy.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2012, 11:59:22 AM »
Just based on appearances, seems more likely he couldn't get a date for the premier and went off his nut.  Looked like the nerdy type.

That's a silly thing to assume.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2012, 12:01:05 PM »

That's creepy.

I wonder if he did it with some kind of "message" that he hoped to deliver. Like that Norwegian shooter who did it all to send a message.

Probably if he went to these lengths to,plan it out. Based on what he did, he's not dumb. It's sad people have to die because of ones unstable mentality.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2012, 12:01:31 PM »
On a side note....
Who the fuck takes a 3 month old infant to a fucking Batman movie at fucking midnight????????

I initially had the same reaction.  But then again, 3-month-olds spend most of their time sleeping in their baby carriers.  So, yeah, if the parents decided, "Hey, you know what?  Since jr. has been born, we haven't had a chance to get out and do anything.  Why not go out and see Batman and let him sleep in his infant carrier in the seat next to us?  Not like he wouldn't be doing the exact same thing if we were at home anyway."  I could see that logic.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2012, 12:01:49 PM »
you think he didnt off himself because he wanted to lead them to his rigged apartment? i mean they would ID him anyway and find his house, but maybe he wanted to tell them?
I believe he warned them about the apartment.  My thinking is along the lines of Adami's.  He's pleased with what he's done and wants to be able to talk about it.  Perhaps it's a message, perhaps he's a whack job, perhaps he's just an asshole.

Just based on appearances, seems more likely he couldn't get a date for the premier and went off his nut.  Looked like the nerdy type.

That's a silly thing to assume.
Yes it was.  That was my intention.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2012, 12:03:54 PM »
On a side note....
Who the fuck takes a 3 month old infant to a fucking Batman movie at fucking midnight????????

I initially had the same reaction.  But then again, 3-month-olds spend most of their time sleeping in their baby carriers.  So, yeah, if the parents decided, "Hey, you know what?  Since jr. has been born, we haven't had a chance to get out and do anything.  Why not go out and see Batman and let him sleep in his infant carrier in the seat next to us?  Not like he wouldn't be doing the exact same thing if we were at home anyway."  I could see that logic.

yea it is a little odd to do it, but its not like a 'terrible parent' type thing. im seeing a lot of 'that's what you get' type posts towards the parents of the 3 month old around the net. no one would ever forsee this

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2012, 12:05:35 PM »
This was on the news here earlier tonight. Just terrible.

On a side note....

And of course a big action movie explosions wouldn't wake the kid up screaming and ruining the movie for everyone. :p

Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2012, 12:06:43 PM »
On a side note....

yea it is a little odd to do it, but its not like a 'terrible parent' type thing. im seeing a lot of 'that's what you get' type posts towards the parents of the 3 month old around the net. no one would ever forsee this
That's what you get is certainly uncalled for.  Still, there's a difference between taking the kid to see The English patient, which he'll sleep through, and this movie that's going to be 80% action content, full of loud explosions, gunshot (real and filmed) and tires squealing. 
E.F. Benson

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2012, 12:09:27 PM »
On a side note....

I can too but I'm wise enough to not be selfish and wait until another day, it'll still be playing.

I'm disappointed now this movie is tainted.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2012, 12:11:34 PM »

However, Jr. in a carrier at home is entirely unlikely to be subjected to a 80-100-ish dB sound system for a couple of hours while trying to sleep.

EDIT:  I see that's been covered already.   :blush

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2012, 12:14:31 PM »

However, Jr. in a carrier at home is entirely unlikely to be subjected to a 80-100-ish dB sound system for a couple of hours while trying to sleep.

Action movies are loud for anyone, and I believe babies have more sensitive hearing, so I'd say that's quite negligent and selfish.

Still, obviously nobody deserves what happened, and those kinds of comments are a huge overreaction.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2012, 12:16:21 PM »
[I'm disappointed now this movie is tainted.

that Gangster Squad movie is so fucked now. they pulled the previews cause there's a scene where the mobsters rip through the movie screen and plow through the crowd with tommy guns

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2012, 12:18:07 PM »
I'm disappointed now this movie is tainted.

So am I, but that's not important right now.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2012, 12:19:47 PM »
How many times does this kind of tragedy have to happen before we, as a society, look in the mirror? I tend to believe that 99% of people are made to become crazy by the circumstances within they are living.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2012, 12:22:27 PM »
Action movies are loud for anyone, and I believe babies have more sensitive hearing, so I'd say that's quite negligent and selfish.

Still, obviously nobody deserves what happened, and those kinds of comments are a huge overreaction.

Well, yeah, and as I said in my earlier post, I fully get that this isn't the issue at all, just a side issue that irritates me.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2012, 12:25:45 PM »

EDIT:  I see that's been covered already.   :blush

Possibly.  But it depends on the kid and the threater.  We're around a lot of babies constantly, and I can tell you from experience that some will wake up if a piece of paper rustles in the room, but most will sleep through just about anything at that age.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Ravenheart

• Hair
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2012, 12:26:50 PM »
Absolutely terrible. It's equally disgusting to know that many people will be exploiting these peoples' deaths to push their own political agendas.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2012, 12:32:37 PM »
Absolutely terrible. It's equally disgusting to know that many people will be exploiting these peoples' deaths to push their own political agendas.

At least Romney and Obama suspended their campaign efforts out of respect for the victims.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2012, 12:46:07 PM »
Possibly.  But it depends on the kid and the threater.  We're around a lot of babies constantly, and I can tell you from experience that some will wake up if a piece of paper rustles in the room, but most will sleep through just about anything at that age.

Hmph.  I find that fascinating.  You would think at that age, any new loud noises would be jarring enough to body to wake them, but maybe not.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2012, 12:57:16 PM »

Hmph.  I find that fascinating.  You would think at that age, any new loud noises would be jarring enough to body to wake them, but maybe not.

Yeah, it's counterintuitive.  But, anyhow, as stated above, I'm not saying it's the smartest thing in the world, or that it is something I would do.  Just saying I get it is all.

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2012, 12:57:24 PM »

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2012, 01:02:46 PM »
[I'm disappointed now this movie is tainted.

that Gangster Squad movie is so fucked now. they pulled the previews cause there's a scene where the mobsters rip through the movie screen and plow through the crowd with tommy guns

Wow, you're right. I remember when that preview played my friend said, "Fuck, What if that happened?"

Damn.   :sad:

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2012, 01:03:49 PM »
Pie, I completely get the motivation behind art like that, or what Marion Crane posted.  But it also bugs me a bit as well.  Batman had nothing to do with why this idiot did what he did.  He did it because he's nuts or because he's evil (or possibly a bit of both).  That really has nothing to do with Batman, its creators, or anything associated with the movies or comics whatsoever.  I really dislike re-enforcing any sort of link whatsoever.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2012, 01:04:53 PM »
Pie, I completely get the motivation behind art like that, or what Marion Crane posted.  But it also bugs me a bit as well.  Batman had nothing to do with why this idiot did what he did.  He did it because he's nuts or because he's evil (or possibly a bit of both).  That really has nothing to do with Batman, its creators, or anything associated with the movies or comics whatsoever.  I really dislike re-enforcing any sort of link whatsoever.

I could not agree more. 

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #68 on: July 20, 2012, 01:08:04 PM »
i know reporters try to be creative with headlines, but come on

"James Holmes rises as a new 'Dark Knight' villain after Colorado shootings"

Offline Adami

« Reply #69 on: July 20, 2012, 01:08:32 PM »
i know reporters try to be creative with headlines, but come on