Author Topic: Shooting at TDKR in Colorado  (Read 13035 times)

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Re: Shooting at TDKR in Colorado
« Reply #210 on: July 26, 2012, 12:12:30 AM »
not trying to connect anything but who knows what this guy was thinking...maybe he associated the red wig with the Joker stepping outside of himself and he dying his hair red as stepping outside of himself...buts thats a real stretch

That's like saying "He dressed in a convict jumpsuit to associate himself with Batman" because Christian Bale's Bruce Wayne character was briefly in a prison in the first film.  That's beyond a stretch.  Let's just acknowledge that the reporter who wrote that got it completely wrong, and is irresponsible for not fact-checking the story.  (just like they did with other details since the incident happened)

You think that's bad? I'm believe our local newspaper originally reported that he dressed up like Bane.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #211 on: July 26, 2012, 12:43:34 AM »
Cool guy.
Unless you walk in front of him while he's filming a scene.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #212 on: July 26, 2012, 05:15:50 AM »
Cool guy.
Unless you walk in front of him while he's filming a scene.

OHHH GOOD FOR YOUU

Offline Prometheus

« Reply #213 on: July 26, 2012, 07:11:59 PM »
I'm personally convinced that the reason why such abominations like this occur so frequently in the United States lies very deep in the very lifestyle and moral zeitgeist of the average American familial unit. Through the years I have spent living the US, I've noticed that practically all of my friends and most of the people I've met have serious familial issues. Their parents are either apathetic to their own children, are absent, or are a negative and dangerous influence on their children. Frankly, I think the familial unit has been utterly devastated and its importance forgotten in contemporary US. And no effort at all that I can see is being made to rescue the idea of the familial unit. Divorce rates are enormous, fathers and mothers cheat on one another and the kids are lost somewhere in between the wants of their parents or their irresponsibilities. So, naturally, these children who have been raised in sub-par families, with sub-par parental role models, without a moral backbone and without a coherent and loving parental relationship turn to drugs or sex or deviancy, etc. I can't help but observe rather hopelessly as the US (and Western society in general) slides deeper and deeper into a devastating moral and societal decadence, dragging down the idea and importance of the familial down with it. And frankly, I think this unfortunate decadence, whose main casualty is the destruction and ignoring of the importance of the familial unit, is what is mainly to blame for many of the ills that plague contemporary American society and what ultimately leads to unbalanced, misguided and amoral monsters such as this sorry joke of a man.

That said though, I think there is a clear, intuitive absurdity with the idea of allowing the common citizen to buy such absurd weapons as AK-47s or AR-15s or Grenades or High-capacity magazines, etc. Such weapons have no business being owned by any common citizen and their design quite clearly tell us that they were assembled for the purpose of killing another human being (unless you plan to tell me that you plan to battle an army of bears or some similar absurdity). The selling of such absurd weaponry needs to stop. Perhaps small, very weak firearms should still be available to purchase to the common citizen but, again, can't the screening process be significantly beefed up? That way the "sanctity" of the 2nd Amendment is preserved. And perhaps we could still sell rifles and longer range weaponry to certified hunters who depend on the weapons for their income and push them too through a thorough and intensive screening process as well? And if Bob the accountant at the local Chase bank wants to blow off some steam on the weekend and shoot an automatic AK-47 at some plastic targets to feel like Rambo, then perhaps he should not be able to own one but instead just visit a secure shooting range, rent out an AK and shoot to his heart's content, that way the precious 2nd amendment is preserved as well? Perhaps driving up the cost or scarcity of ammunition?

Just some thoughts