Author Topic: Shooting at TDKR in Colorado  (Read 13036 times)

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
Re: Shooting at TDKR in Colorado
« Reply #105 on: July 20, 2012, 09:57:20 PM »
Unfortunately, this piece of shit will probably plead insanity and not get what he deserves. Hopefully he's beaten to death in jail before the trial.

YEAH the hell.

Offline LCArenas

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #106 on: July 21, 2012, 12:36:08 AM »
This from twitter
If James Holmes was Arab-American, it'd be "terrorism". If he was black, he'd be a "thug". But he's white, so its "mental illness".
Dear fucking shit. This is one of the things that sickens me the most about United States. Seriously? People dying in a shooting spree and the only thing some people think about is stupid elections that don't go anywhere and selfish claims about race? Seriously. Can't some people stop wrapping their fucking heads around racism and transcend their points of view? Look, my country has their awful problems too, but since we have all kinds of "blood", be it spanish, english, native, latin, indian, african-american, dutch, filipino, or whatever; race doesn't mean shit, we're all the same, we're all mixed. It's childish, get the fuck over it, North America.
/rant

It's sad to see this happen. Wonder if the guy who did it based his actions on a scene from "The Dark Knight Returns" comic, when a man named Arnold Crimp shot 3 people dead on a cinema that was showing a Batman-based movie; and also had his hair dyed red/orange. This is sad news anyway. I can't think of anything more to say. The people who died and who are injured: They'll be on my prayers tonight.

Offline ThatcrazyKISSfan

« Reply #107 on: July 21, 2012, 06:42:56 AM »
As regards to the insanity defense.  It varies from state to state, but some states, will go yup you're crazy.......now go to jail......And he has a weak case for insanity because of how prepared he was....

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #108 on: July 21, 2012, 06:50:36 AM »
It's such a tragedy that something like this can happen. I don't really know what else to say, but it makes me sad. :(

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #109 on: July 21, 2012, 07:23:26 AM »
This from twitter
If James Holmes was Arab-American, it'd be "terrorism". If he was black, he'd be a "thug". But he's white, so its "mental illness".
Dear fucking shit. This is one of the things that sickens me the most about United States. Seriously? People dying in a shooting spree and the only thing some people think about is stupid elections that don't go anywhere and selfish claims about race? Seriously. Can't some people stop wrapping their fucking heads around racism and transcend their points of view? Look, my country has their awful problems too, but since we have all kinds of "blood", be it spanish, english, native, latin, indian, african-american, dutch, filipino, or whatever; race doesn't mean shit, we're all the same, we're all mixed. It's childish, get the fuck over it, North America.
/rant

But it's still a very valid statement. Had a black man done this, there would be hate crimes going on all over the country right now. If it was a black man, there would literally be zero chance of him not getting penetrated by every last inch of the long dick of the law. It's not childish, it's a serious problem in this country. I'm almost ashamed to admit that, but it's true. Race means everything in this country.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #110 on: July 21, 2012, 08:53:12 AM »
Yeah, black men have no chance in this country....which explains why Obama is the current president, right?

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #111 on: July 21, 2012, 08:55:41 AM »
How can someone who is reportedly unemployed afford all that weaponry and gear?

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #112 on: July 21, 2012, 09:00:15 AM »
Yeah, black men have no chance in this country....which explains why Obama is the current president, right?

And also the most hated man in the country, even more than George Bush or Nixon.
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #113 on: July 21, 2012, 09:01:27 AM »

And also the most hated man in the country, even more than George Bush or Nixon.

Yeah, but that's only because hes a terrible president.

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #114 on: July 21, 2012, 09:06:36 AM »

yea.....ok   :huh:

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #115 on: July 21, 2012, 09:14:41 AM »
Guys.

Please.

People are fucking dead.

Politics go in a different forum. Don't be the assholes who get the thread locked because you feel you need to say something to further some sort of personal agenda.

Please. Respect the point of the thread.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #116 on: July 21, 2012, 09:23:45 AM »
What a tragedy :(  I know it's my emotions talking, but why the fuck didn't the Police put a couple dozen rounds in this prick?  Would anyone have questioned it??  This day and age probably...  So now this evil bastard get's exactly what he want's in the publicity circus.  On the flip side, I really hope he gets what he doesn't want.....and that would be repeatedly dropping the soap in the prison shower everyday for the rest of his miserable life.

Also, Obama and Romney getting their soundbites off it just left a bad taste in my mouth.... :censored Yeah, maybe saying nothing would elicit a negative reaction... but It still rubbed me wrong.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #117 on: July 21, 2012, 09:50:04 AM »
Guys.

Please.

People are fucking dead.

Politics go in a different forum. Don't be the assholes who get the thread locked because you feel you need to say something to further some sort of personal agenda.

As I said upthread, people will take any chance they can to get a swipe in at Obama.  Proves my point.  Pathetic.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #118 on: July 21, 2012, 09:57:21 AM »
Guys.

Please.

People are fucking dead.

As I said upthread, people will take any chance they can to get a swipe in at Obama.  Proves my point.  Pathetic.

Obama or not, it needs to stop.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #119 on: July 21, 2012, 10:32:58 AM »
How can someone who is reportedly unemployed afford all that weaponry and gear?

Determined people will find a way.
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #120 on: July 21, 2012, 11:09:07 AM »
What a tragedy :(  I know it's my emotions talking, but why the fuck didn't the Police put a couple dozen rounds in this prick?  Would anyone have questioned it??  This day and age probably...  So now this evil bastard get's exactly what he want's in the publicity circus.  On the flip side, I really hope he gets what he doesn't want.....and that would be repeatedly dropping the soap in the prison shower everyday for the rest of his miserable life.
Now be honest, would you really want to live in a society where admittedly awful people are summarily executed in the parking lot by the local police?
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #121 on: July 21, 2012, 11:26:29 AM »
I wouldnt consider him Mentally ill, I'd consider him Mentally Insane. But one has to ask, what caused this young adult to do this? Was he fed up with the current lifestyle we live in today? Was him not being able to see Batman, trigger the spark?

I'm no psychologist, but these things interest me. No matter how messed up it is, theirs a reason and why, which is all mentality. Which is also why I feel a bit of sympathy for that Zimmerman guy.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Ravenheart

• Hair
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #122 on: July 21, 2012, 11:27:31 AM »
This has been going around on Facebook:

Oooooh boy.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #123 on: July 21, 2012, 11:31:00 AM »
This has been going around on Facebook:

Oooooh boy.

You know darn well it'll happen. Facebook has that power to unite people for causes they deem worthy and mostly it happens.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #124 on: July 21, 2012, 11:32:44 AM »
I've been sort of not paying attention to this because it depresses me too much, but needless to say the victims and their families have my sympathy. 
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #125 on: July 21, 2012, 12:52:22 PM »
I ordered a really cool Joker shirt last week that just arrived today. Now I almost feel guilty to wear it. Should I?
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #126 on: July 21, 2012, 12:53:56 PM »
Now this will sound incredibly insensitive, but I really hope this incident doesn't stop people from seeing an amazing movie, and if I see one more of those facebook 'memorials' I'm going to hurl.  I don't like how tragedies spread like memes on facebook with everything that happens.  It's a damn shame and the people who died deserve better than being reduced to something to share on facebook.  I hope the fucker gets a life sentence as well, don't give him the easy out with a death sentence, make him rot in a cell for life.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 01:14:28 PM by Dark Castle »

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #127 on: July 21, 2012, 12:58:23 PM »
Now be honest, would you really want to live in a society where admittedly awful people are summarily executed in the parking lot by the local police?

No, the logical, reasoning side of me says the Police did the right thing.  It's the emotional side that throws that thinking out the window, especially if one of my family members had been one of the victims.

Offline theseoafs

• When the lights go down in the city, and the sun shines on the bayyyyy
  • Hello! My name is Elder Price
« Reply #128 on: July 21, 2012, 01:05:30 PM »
I ordered a really cool Joker shirt last week that just arrived today. Now I almost feel guilty to wear it. Should I?

I'd wait a couple weeks.  You obviously don't mean it in a bad way, but wearing it so soon could be considered insensitive.   Not to mention that you could really upset someone on the off chance they were personally affected by the incident.

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #129 on: July 21, 2012, 01:36:54 PM »

I'd wait a couple weeks.  You obviously don't mean it in a bad way, but wearing it so soon could be considered insensitive.   Not to mention that you could really upset someone on the off chance they were personally affected by the incident.
I agree. It sucks some asshole lunatic could have such an effect on an entire nation, but I will wait to wear it. Sucks.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #130 on: July 21, 2012, 02:13:07 PM »
I dont see anything wrong with wearing the shirt.

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #131 on: July 21, 2012, 02:13:38 PM »
I dont see anything wrong with wearing the shirt.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #132 on: July 21, 2012, 02:16:29 PM »
Tick, I'll be very offended if you wear that shirt. I hope you respect my feelings during this difficult time. Thank you.
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #133 on: July 21, 2012, 06:49:03 PM »
Why are more people talking about this than the actual movie?
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #134 on: July 21, 2012, 06:51:56 PM »

Because one is a piece of entertainment and the other is the death of a dozen people.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #135 on: July 21, 2012, 07:31:28 PM »

Because one is a piece of entertainment and the other is the death of a dozen people.

From what I can tell, no one on this board was involved with the shooting in any way.  At least a few people here have seen the piece of entertainment.

Do have any friends or family members who were involved in the shooting?  Are you donating to any charities set up to help the victims?

If not, then you have no connection to this event whatsoever. 

So why does there seem to be more interest on this board in the shooting than the movie?
Over and over again

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #136 on: July 21, 2012, 07:38:57 PM »
I'm gonna let someone else handle that.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #137 on: July 21, 2012, 07:42:54 PM »

From what I can tell, no one on this board was involved with the shooting in any way.  At least a few people here have seen the piece of entertainment.

Do have any friends or family members who were involved in the shooting?  Are you donating to any charities set up to help the victims?

If not, then you have no connection to this event whatsoever. 

So why does there seem to be more interest on this board in the shooting than the movie?

Is empathy really such a mystery?
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #138 on: July 21, 2012, 07:49:07 PM »

Because they are two different events... Had this happened at a shopping mall and not the cinema, the media attention would be just as great, our discussion would more or less the same, and TDKR thread would be no different.

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #139 on: July 21, 2012, 08:00:17 PM »
Is empathy really such a mystery?

I don't see a lot of empathy in this thread.

Because they are two different events... Had this happened at a shopping mall and not the cinema, the media attention would be just as great, our discussion would more or less the same, and TDKR thread would be no different.

I don't believe that for a second.
Over and over again