Author Topic: Shooting at TDKR in Colorado  (Read 13032 times)

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
Shooting at TDKR in Colorado
« on: July 20, 2012, 06:51:53 AM »
https://www.cnn.com/2012/07/20/us/colorado-theater-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

I know it was mentioned in the other thread, but this is just plain sad.

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
Re: Shooting at TDKR in Colorado
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 07:42:44 AM »
Yeah, I'm quite surprised nobody's talking about that here... I live 6000 miles away (maybe more?) and it's headlining all the newspapers.
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 07:46:01 AM »
Do we have any posters from CO?

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 07:48:47 AM »
Saw it on reddit.  I was pretty speechless.  Its just terrible.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 07:50:29 AM »
Jackie was residing in Denver, last I heard. 

I guess if you're interested in shooting a helluva lot of total strangers, a dark movie theater after midnight is probably about as good a place as you could ask for.   
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 07:54:50 AM »
I don't understand how normal people have access to this kind of weaponry.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 08:01:13 AM »
random post in comment section from usa today article:

"exactly. The Obama administration has brought the morality of our great Nation to its lowest point in history. Romney will fix all this when he takes office in 2013. He will restore morality in America and force slacker parents to man-up and take real responsibility for their children. A new era is upon us America! Help is on the way!"

it's amazing people revert to this even in times of tragedy
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 08:11:59 AM by chrisbDTM »

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2012, 08:02:38 AM »
Repulsive.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2012, 08:03:49 AM »
comment from usa today article:

"exactly. The Obama administration has brought the morality of our great Nation to its lowest point in history. Romney will fix all this when he takes office in 2013. He will restore morality in America and force slacker parents to man-up and take real responsibility for their children. A new era is upon us America! Help is on the way!"

That person needs a cockpunch in the worst way.

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2012, 08:06:03 AM »

Outragious. Jackals feasting on innocent blood to have a political gain. Just disgusting...
- Marco

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2012, 08:08:33 AM »
This animal needs to taken out back and a bullet put through his f%$ckin skull. I'm sure he'll claim some type of mental incapacity during his trial, but to have the where abouts to plan this (tear gas/gask masks/additional ammo possible explosives in his home) he knew exactly what he was doing .
Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2012, 08:10:02 AM »

Well, last time I'm reading that paper.

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2012, 08:11:14 AM »

Well, last time I'm reading that paper.
no no no. that's just a random comment. sorry if i misled. just thought it was interesting that that stuff comes first before sadness for the victims for some people

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2012, 08:16:03 AM »

The guns aren't hard to obtain. I'm curious as the t grade of tear gas. Was it the kind military or cwd control uses, or was it homemade stuff?

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2012, 08:16:25 AM »
Oh, ok, still a crappy paper, but the sports page does have handy boxscores.

These random shootings, I just can never put my finger on that level of disillusionment in a person. I mean, I've seen and been through some very serious shit, and spent many days isolated and hurting, to the point of suicide, but never in my life did the thought of taking another's life cross my mind. I guess some externalize those emotions. RIP to those lost, and prayers to the ones left with healing to do.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2012, 08:19:19 AM »

I have access to this kind of weaponry. Maybe not the tear gas, but the guns? Sure.
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline wolfandwolfandwolf

• Gym Rat
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Really Scrappy Player
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2012, 08:26:21 AM »

I have access to this kind of weaponry. Maybe not the tear gas, but the guns? Sure.
This is an excellent point.  My dad, probably one of the least responsible and most mentally unstable men that I know, owns four or five guns.  It isn't hard to buy firearms, legally even.

The whole thing is terrible.  Read that an infant was among the injured.  I don't know what happens in somebody's head to make them do that.  The premeditation of things like this is what strikes me the most, the thought and the planning that go into it.  Absolutely tragic.

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2012, 08:30:44 AM »
I'm sure he'll claim some type of mental incapacity during his trial, but to have the where abouts to plan this (tear gas/gask masks/additional ammo possible explosives in his home) he knew exactly what he was doing .

this.

he knew that the midnight showing was a big event for people throughout the country (with theaters sold out for weeks).

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2012, 08:35:21 AM »
Not sure it was tear gas.  People subjected to chemical smoke in a confined area might think it is, though.  Military grade smoke canisters aren't hard to come by (and are actually a lot of fun). 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline tofee35

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2012, 08:53:44 AM »
This is so horrible. How can somebody do something like that? I can't wrap  my head around it. This hits so close to home for everybody. It could happen anywhere. Wow is it sad and terrifying at the same time.

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2012, 08:56:55 AM »
This is really sad.  Hope all the wounded make it through. 
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline alirocker08

• Apparently not a hobbit
  • 'Sup, I'm a very short elf
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2012, 09:22:51 AM »
I read this in school earlier, it's unbelievable that someone could do that
ITT: We discover that Alice is elvish...
Psshh, your status as a hobbit has just been a cover. Your cover has been blown.

Offline Tanatra

• Forum Spider
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2012, 09:26:54 AM »
Do we have any posters from CO?

I live in Golden, which is about half an hour away from where the shooting happened in Aurora. You can't imagine my shock when I woke up this morning and saw this all over the internet. My heart goes out to all of the victims of this terrible tragedy.  :(

I'm currently trying to get ahold of a girl I'm dating who is a professed movie buff and doesn't live far at all from where the shooting occurred. . .

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2012, 09:29:29 AM »
The apartment belonging to the suspect in custody, named as 24-year-old James Holmes, had been booby-trapped and police officers were trying to determine how to defuse it, Aurora Police Chief Dan Oates said. The local area had been evacuated but police could be on the scene "for hours or days" because the devices appear sophisticated, he said

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2012, 09:42:12 AM »
On a side note....
Who the fuck takes a 3 month old infant to a fucking Batman movie at fucking midnight????????
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2012, 10:00:00 AM »
On a side note....
Who the fuck takes a 3 month old infant to a fucking Batman movie at fucking midnight????????

Probably the parents found no one to leave the baby with...
- Marco

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2012, 10:04:25 AM »
On a side note....

if thats the case some people need to reaccess their priorities 

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2012, 10:18:05 AM »
On a side note....

Good point. This is awful news...

The lunatic probably thought he was taking over for the Joker.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2012, 10:24:48 AM »
On a side note....
Excellent.  I didn't want to be the one to post that, but I was damn sure thinking it.
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2012, 10:31:29 AM »
Both CNN and Fox News have 1/3 of their screen being taken up right now by the mug shot of the shooter while talking about it.  Do we really need to see a picture of that pile of dog shot non-stop?  Nope.  I turned both channels off because of it.  :censored :censored :censored

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2012, 10:32:28 AM »
If only the government hadn't build the roads to the theater.....

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2012, 10:43:51 AM »
Both CNN and Fox News have 1/3 of their screen being taken up right now by the mug shot of the shooter while talking about it.  Do we really need to see a picture of that pile of dog shot non-stop?  Nope.  I turned both channels off because of it.  :censored :censored :censored

My fiance posted a status message about the event, and seconds later someone commented "our 'president' won't even stop his campaign schedule to go to Colorado". Please tell me that it not what this has devolved into on cable news networks. I'd be even more appalled if something like this became politicized already.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2012, 10:45:54 AM »
Terrible news. My heart goes out to the victims and the families.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2012, 10:53:25 AM »
On a side note....

Exactly.  If there's nobody that can watch the kid, then tough shit.  You made the choice to have a child, STAY THE FUCK HOME.  I know this is really not even remotely the issue of all this, but it irritates the living hell out of me.

My fiance posted a status message about the event, and seconds later someone commented "our 'president' won't even stop his campaign schedule to go to Colorado". Please tell me that it not what this has devolved into on cable news networks. I'd be even more appalled if something like this became politicized already.

It will.  People will take a swipe at the President ANY opportunity they get, doesn't matter how illogically the connection is made.  What will the President going to Colorado accomplish?  He can't change anything that has happened.  If he DID go, then you'd have the right bitching about "anything for a photo-op".

I really hate when people take a terrible tragedy like this and try to politicize it.  People are dead.  Don't turn their senseless loss into some sort of political "f*ck you" to the President you don't like.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2012, 10:58:29 AM »

It will.  People will take a swipe at the President ANY opportunity they get, doesn't matter how illogically the connection is made.  What will the President going to Colorado accomplish?  He can't change anything that has happened.  If he DID go, then you'd have the right bitching about "anything for a photo-op".

I really hate when people take a terrible tragedy like this and try to politicize it.  People are dead.  Don't turn their senseless loss into some sort of political "f*ck you" to the President you don't like.

I said the same thing about Bush when he was ripped for sitting there and continuing to talk to kids right after 9-11 and was told I was crazy.  Now, obviously, 9-11 was political, but it just shows how sad it is when people turn a tragedy into an immediate opportunity to rip a president they already don't like.  Bush deserved a shit ton of criticism he got over the years, but not for that.  Same for Obama and this.