Author Topic: P/R side chat thread, v. I am not a number I am a free man  (Read 133146 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF's resident deceased dictator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The changing of the worrd is inevitabre!!!
Re: P/R side chat thread, v. I am not a number I am a free man
« Reply #1995 on: September 11, 2019, 08:17:04 AM »
I think the most surprising thing I just read is that you though Chrissy Tiegen was "better than that".   :lol

I found her to be a complete waste of skin, and if she wasn't married to John Legend, wouldn't be any kind of household name.
if I want ice cream or a chocolate or a cake, I fucking have it
Can you imagine some alien race comes to a large nebula they've never seen before, and it just turns out it's the Federation's dumping ground for space-smile?

Offline XeRocks81

« Reply #1996 on: September 11, 2019, 08:17:50 AM »
I donít know, the holier than thou approach doesnít seem so appealing to me either.  I think in certain cades we can both be critical and insulting.  El Barto does it all the time with Trump. 

Offline Harmony

« Reply #1997 on: September 11, 2019, 08:23:25 AM »
I think the most surprising thing I just read is that you though Chrissy Tiegen was "better than that".   :lol

I found her to be a complete waste of skin, and if she wasn't married to John Legend, wouldn't be any kind of household name.

TBH, I don't really know anything about her.  I was trying to make a point is all.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2017!
« Reply #1998 on: September 11, 2019, 08:31:07 AM »
I donít know, the holier than thou approach doesnít seem so appealing to me either.  I think in certain cades we can both be critical and insulting.  El Barto does it all the time with Trump.

I can't argue with that conceptually; there's no reason we can't be entertaining while being analytical.  But there's a time and a place, and a balance to be struck.    And I'm not suggesting "holier than thou".   Civil is enough.  If you're at work, and looking for proposals for something and your colleague Cedric says "what about this?".   If you disagree do you say "Who did you blow to get your job?  Are you on cocaine?  #FFS #moronsonparade #Privateschooldouchebag"?   Then why say it on Twitter or wherever? 

Or, and here's a novel thought that I am 99% certain most people haven't even thought of... maybe say nothing?  That was my point with the "I don't watch Fox News" point; it's not a sin to just let things fade into the ether.   

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1999 on: September 11, 2019, 08:44:20 AM »

Well, she's a pretty big time model; she was the 50th Anniversary Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue cover model, and a TV host. 

But why does that matter?  Why wouldn't we hope that our fellow citizens might elevate their game?  She has a voice, people do listen to her for better or worse (11+ million followers on Twitter) and if you look at her Twitter feed, her tweet about what she had for dinner last night and what she does while in the car alone (no, not as titillating as it sounds) get likes in the low 10,000's, but her retweet of Ellen praising her for being called some name by the President and responding in kind got somewhere in the 350,000 like range. 

« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 08:49:55 AM by Stadler »

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Rest in Peace
« Reply #2000 on: September 11, 2019, 08:48:49 AM »
Who the hell is Chrissey Teigen? And of course she could just say nothing but why give up an easy chance to add a few points to your woke total? Not to mention get some press. It is certainly the first time I've been made aware of her existence.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline XeRocks81

« Reply #2001 on: September 11, 2019, 08:52:18 AM »
Who the hell is Chrissey Teigen? And of course she could just say nothing but why give up an easy chance to add a few points to your woke total? Not to mention get some press. It is certainly the first time I've been made aware of her existence.

that doesnít really say anything in 2019 that you donít know who she is,  just means culture is fragmented.  It is what it is. 

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Rest in Peace
« Reply #2002 on: September 11, 2019, 09:02:29 AM »
I readily admit I live under a cultural rock. She could be the biggest musical star/actress/author/TV personality/YouTube sensation And I likely wouldn't know who she was.

Just looked her up. She is a model? No reason any one outside the fashion industry needs to have heard of her.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 09:14:51 AM by Cool Chris »
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline XeRocks81

« Reply #2003 on: September 11, 2019, 09:18:08 AM »
she co hosted lip sync battle with LL Cool J, and sheís married to John legend thatís how I know her.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2004 on: September 11, 2019, 09:26:52 AM »
Just looked her up. She is a model? No reason any one outside the fashion industry needs to have heard of her.
That's not entirely correct. It's like saying nobody should know who Christie Brinkley or Elle Macpherson are.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #2005 on: September 11, 2019, 09:35:23 AM »
Sad how 99% of the discussion is about swimsuit models and random internet commenters being chastised for not being civil, and barely a sentence or two about the POTUS or a nationally televised show host acting just as bad, more frequently, and actually initiating the incidents.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 09:44:06 AM by eric42434224 »
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline Harmony

« Reply #2006 on: September 11, 2019, 09:47:47 AM »
Sad how 99% of the discussion is about swimsuit models and random internet commenters being chastised for not being civil, and barely a sentence or two about the POTUS or a nationally televised show host acting just as bad, more frequently, and actually initiating the incidents.

Itís because thatís what Trump does. Nobody batts an eye anymore. Elect a clown, expect a circus.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2007 on: September 11, 2019, 10:22:33 AM »
Itís a great tactic. Ignore the bullies. Yell at the people responding to the bullies in not ideal ways.

Effectively gives certain people free reign to say and do whatever as long as random anonymous people are also jerks. Itís a bit black and white, but thatís what weíve become I guess.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 10:36:35 AM by Adami »
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2008 on: September 11, 2019, 10:54:44 AM »
I can't speak for anyone else, but for me that's a false narrative and not what's happening.  I'm not "ignoring" Trump or his bullying, nor am I numb to it.  It's bad, and it's dangerous for our country.

BUT:
- I don't believe Trump is the "end of democracy" or an "existential threat" as he's been ramped up to be;
- I don't believe that Trump is an anomaly, to be corrected simply by the appropriate Democrat candidate;
- I don't believe that we're going to magically turn off the tactics once Trump is gone; just the opposite, I think it's (metaphorically) the Christie Teigen's of the world that gave us Trump to begin with.  Trump has just taken things to the extreme;
- I do believe, in part, Trump was elected in response to the bullying that is more and more evidence (particularly in the identity politics arena).

So rather than it being some "deflection", it's in fact my approach to dealing with the Trump problem.  Trump is not going to change.  The conventional attacks against Trump have not worked.   I don't have a dialogue with Trump (and it would not be meaningful even if I did).   So - much like I keep hearing we have to do in response to the mass killing problem - I'm doing something, anything, to reduce the chances of Trump winning again by focusing on the things I can perhaps influence.   I'm not perfect, but I try very hard to avoid yelling or bullying - there are no boycotts, I am not in any ad hominem way disparaging anyone that doesn't agree with me, and with very very few exceptions, I'm not making any assumptions about people's intelligence or mental stability based on their opinions on the matter - just trying to point out what I'm seeing from the standpoint of an uninvolved observer.   
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 11:03:11 AM by Stadler »

Online Adami

« Reply #2009 on: September 11, 2019, 11:17:24 AM »
And we all get your talking points and sound bytes.

So can we talk about the issue? If everything gets the response of ďsociety as a whole has to change!Ē Then itís effectively no different than blowing it off.

You canít only focus on big picture stuff. That is aspirational and the end goal. Not the first step. So constantly going back to the end goal is meaningless if it shuts down convo on the current topic. Which it does, no matter your intention.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2010 on: September 11, 2019, 11:25:30 AM »

So can we talk about the issue? If everything gets the response of ďsociety as a whole has to change!Ē Then itís effectively no different than blowing it off.

You canít only focus on big picture stuff. That is aspirational and the end goal. Not the first step. So constantly going back to the end goal is meaningless if it shuts down convo on the current topic. Which it does, no matter your intention.
The problem with your point is that sometimes you do need to yell at the people responding to the bully in appropriately. That's been the case here. Teagan doesn't get a free pass for acting like a child when responding to a child. Nobody's dismissing Trump's lunacy. Hell, nobody's really attacking Teagan all that much. Some have simply pointed out, quite rightly, that she's not helping.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #2011 on: September 11, 2019, 11:25:56 AM »
Exactly.  We were focusing on the fact that, in this very thread even,that Trump, the POTUS FFS, gets less shit for his bullshit that the random citizen for responding with bullshit.

-No one in this thread said we believe Trump is the "end of democracy" or an "existential threat" as he's been ramped up to be.
-No one in this thread said we believe that Trump is an anomaly, to be corrected simply by the appropriate Democrat candidate.....but we SHOULD take a FIRST STEP to try and bring things trending towards some level of normalcy and respect.
-No one here said we believe that we're going to magically turn off the tactics once Trump is gone; just the opposite, I think it's (metaphorically) the Christie Teigen's of the world that gave us Trump to begin with.  Trump has just taken things to the extreme....we should make SOME effort to curb his behavior.
-I do believe, in part, Trump was elected in response to the bullying that is more and more evidence (particularly in the identity politics arena).....so elect a bully, then ignore/normalize his bullying?  Sounds kind of insane.

We shouldn't lose sight of the big aspirational picture for sure.  All for it.  But to ignore or neglect the small steps needed to get there will make that Big Picture Dream just a pipe dream.
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Online Adami

« Reply #2012 on: September 11, 2019, 11:29:23 AM »

The problem with your point is that sometimes you do need to yell at the people responding to the bully in appropriately. That's been the case here. Teagan doesn't get a free pass for acting like a child when responding to a child. Nobody's dismissing Trump's lunacy. Hell, nobody's really attacking Teagan all that much. Some have simply pointed out, quite rightly, that she's not helping.

Oh. Sorry. I largely ignored that stuff. I was referring to the FOX person vs. random commenters.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2013 on: September 11, 2019, 11:45:43 AM »

I'm sorry you see it that way.  I respectfully disagree.   I think having to wade through ad hominem, meaningless attacks shuts down the conversation just as fast, if not faster than lofty goals.  I don't think I've ever left a discussion because "it's too aspirational!".   I have left conversations when it devolves into meaningless ad hominem commentary.   

And it's not just about "big picture aspirational goals", although that's certainly part of it.  It's mainly about owning one's part in that big picture.  Tend your own garden; when one thinks they're being quippy and hilarious with the "nice wig you p****a** b****" maybe take a pause. I know I listen to Trump talk - he's speaking right now, in fact, from the White House - and I often think "Why did you say that?  Was that necessary?  Why couldn't you just let that go?" I wish I could get him to maybe take a pause, but I can't.  If even one person responds with "you know, maybe I don't want to contribute to the noise", or maybe "I'm going to respond with something substantive", I would consider that a rejection of the Trump style of political discourse, and as such, a tactical win.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2014 on: September 11, 2019, 11:50:12 AM »
Point made: my position - albeit wrongly summarized - dismissed as "kind of insane". 

I'm out.   

Online Adami

« Reply #2015 on: September 11, 2019, 11:50:24 AM »
And I agree with you.

But itís also not what every convo needs to turn into. Especially when youíre largely responding on DTF to things non-DTFers are saying elsewhere.

You complaining about YouTube (or wherever) commenters doesnít do anything. Theyíre not reading it. And we; on DTF, arenít the intended audience. A lot of the time itís venting. I get that. I do. But letís not pretend itís a whole lot more than that. If someone wants to vent about Trump, or Fox, or you want to vent about commenters or CNN, itís all the same and doesnít always have to end or be steered toward your domain (of which I have been informed that you are the master).
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #2016 on: September 11, 2019, 12:13:17 PM »
Point made: my position - albeit wrongly summarized - dismissed as "kind of insane". 

I'm out.

Ok.........That was an observation of the situation as a whole in the US, and was not meant to singularly address you.   I took your point, expanded on it, and made my assessment.  Donít take it personal. 

To elect a someone in response to bullying (your point)>>>>>>>but then elect an actual bully (my point), then normalize his bullying (my point) IS pretty insane behavior.

This clearly was not directed at you personally, and if there was any question, I just stated it.  So no need for a dramatic exit from the thread  :chill
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 02:08:43 PM by eric42434224 »
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Just a decent, normal metal-head fellow
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums................or WTF.  ;D

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
    • The Nerdy Millennial
« Reply #2018 on: September 11, 2019, 06:16:04 PM »
Why do Republicans hate the troops so much that they would skip the 9/11 memorial?
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2020 on: September 13, 2019, 01:23:20 PM »
Great news, Bill! Looks like Jon Stewart is going to make shaming congress an ongoing thing.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/jon-stewart-burn-pit-victims-psa

This is actually kind of an old scenario. The US military likes to find legally ambiguous places to do shady shit. The very first official recognition of Area 51 actually occurred because of a lawsuit filed by people who worked burn pits there, and damn, they sure could have used Jon Stewart back then. Took forever for those guys make their case since they worked in dreamland (literally and figuratively) and were sworn to secrecy.
E.F. Benson

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #2021 on: October 09, 2019, 07:53:42 PM »
I don't think this warrants a thread, but given that this matter is really relevant to a company that has a video game that I really like, I thought I want to bring this up to you guys.  So basically, there was a Chinese Hearthstone player that appeared on an official Hearthstone livestream channel and stated in Chinese “Liberate Hong Kong, revolution of our age!” after playing his match in a Hearthstone tournament.  Afterwards, Blizzard Entertainment (World of Warcraft, Hearthstone, Overwatch, Diablo, Starcraft, etc.) decided to ban the guy from any official Hearthstone tournaments for a year for his comments in addition to revoking any prize money the player won, and essentially fired the commentators that was involved in the post-match interview.  Blizzard made their action because, they "claimed that Blitzchung violated one of the Hearthstone Grandmasters rules against “engaging in any act that, in Blizzard’s sole discretion, brings you into public disrepute, offends a portion or group of the public, or otherwise damages Blizzard image.”"  I.E. talking about anything that has to do with relating to politics and whatnot on a media platform from Blizzard would force Blizzard to exercise their options to make their action.

Naturally, this caused a huge sh**storm when word got out on social media.  People want Blizzard's head.  People are outright quitting playing the games. Blizzard employees, that felt the company's actions were too harsh, did a walkout.  Commentators that were to do an esports event at Blizzcon decided that they did not want to commentate the event anymore.  Personally, I think that Blizzard was ok to exercise their options to punish the player.  If it is in their guidelines where if people at their events is not allowed to do any controversial actions of any kinds, especially ones with a political motive, then it is up to the player, interviewer, host, etc. to adhere to it or essentially get blackballed from being in any Blizzard-related events.  I do agree with Brian Kibler's thoughts (Hearthstone streamer, Magic the Gathering legend, and a commentator for Hearthstone events that decided to not do the event at Blizzcon in light of these events) where I linked his thoughts about these events below and they do look pretty level-headed.

Even so, I do think that Blizzard was correct in issuing him a penalty for his actions. They do not want to set the precedent for their official broadcasts being used as political tools. The players agreed to particular rules for behavior, and he violated those rules.

I have seen many descriptions of the situation claim that Blizzard took action against Blitzchung “for his support of the Hong Kong protests”, but that’s not an entirely accurate description. They did not penalize him for his political stance – they penalized him for breaking the rules by using their official broadcast to promote that stance.

I also agree with his additional thoughts that he felt that Blizzard's actions was way too harsh for the situation and that's where the sh**storm really lies in. A smaller fine, a reduced one month suspension, a warning or a slap on the wrist, for the action and the storm wouldn't be as massive I feel.

I won’t pretend to understand either the intricacies of the geopolitical situation in China and Hong Kong or the full extent of Blizzard’s business interests there, but to me this penalty feels like it is deeply rooted in both. The heavy-handedness of it feels like someone insisted that Blizzard make an example of Blitzchung, not only to discourage others from similar acts in the future but also to appease those upset by the outburst itself.

http://bmkgaming.com/statement-on-blitzchung/

The one thing that really bothered me about this is that people are really really guilt-tripping various Twitch streamers, Youtubers, etc. to not do any content at all relating to Blizzard games (that also includes WoW, Overwatch, Starcraft, etc. in addition to Hearthstone).  It's one of those "you are either with us or you are against freedom" kind of talk and that's really unfair to put that on the content creators that had nothing to do with this at all.  They just want to play the Blizzard games they know and love for so long and want to entertain the people that wants to watch their stuff.  There's no political grand scheme in them streaming a session of WoW or a game of Overwatch or Hearthstone in the aftermath of all of this.  Those content creators are frustrated at Blizzard just as much as everyone else, but they are not going to give up their livelihood to prove any points. 

I love WoW.  It's one of the three things (in addition to hockey and Alter Bridge) that I really get excited for.  I played WoW for three years, took a break for nine years (not because the game sucked, but because my computer and internet sucked, and I didn't want to play on my sister's account anymore.  If I wanted to play WoW again, I want to do it on my own dime and account and I have and have done so for 2.5 years now and loving it).  I'm upset that Blizzard would create such an overblown situation that they could have easily mitigated, but opted not to, but I'm not going to stop playing WoW because of that.  I have no political motives in playing WoW regarding the whole thing with China.  I wish for people to get along and grow better as humans and develop a society that everyone can enjoy.  If people don't want to play or support Blizzard games, that's fine.  If they do not want to support any content creators playing a Blizzard game, that's fine too.  If people are guilt-tripping anyone to stop playing Blizzard games or stop promoting Blizzard games in light of this, then I don't think those actions are ok and those kinds of people I feel are not any better than Blizzard in what they did that cause this backlash. 

I just want to play the game I have known for 14 years to enjoy it and feel a sense of happiness doing it and if others feel the same, they should be allowed to express that and that's my take on this whole thing.  I wish people would also follow this advice from Brian Kibler in light of this situation.

Do not take your anger out on the other casters, or streamers, or employees of Blizzard. This is not the kind of decision that comes from the rank and file. Most likely they’re just as angry as you are. I know I am.

Anywho, I do apologize for the long post.  I just needed to get this thing about this whole mess out there and you guys have been awesome as a forum so I decided this is a proper outlet to express that.  Thank you.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 08:04:23 PM by Anguyen92 »

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Just a decent, normal metal-head fellow
« Reply #2022 on: October 09, 2019, 08:04:55 PM »
That's worthy of its own thread. The NBA is going through this as well.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums................or WTF.  ;D

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #2023 on: October 09, 2019, 08:24:35 PM »
Oh man, I just read a short summary on what happened there with the NBA.  So people in the league really throwing the Rockets GM under the bus and other people wants him to be fired for making his statement and his statement is potentially costing the league a lot of money.  Wow.  It seems like every party (the NBA, China, reactions to this) reactions to the statement looks very overblown to me, but then again, I don't have too much of an emotional investment to the NBA as I do with Blizzard (and even then, I don't know too much about any relations between Blizzard and China other than there's a big market of people playing their games there) so I'm missing a lot of intricacy to this.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 08:30:21 PM by Anguyen92 »

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2024 on: October 09, 2019, 10:08:28 PM »
ďengaging in any act that, in Blizzardís sole discretion, brings you into public disrepute, offends a portion or group of the public, or otherwise damages Blizzard image.Ē
My hunch is that pert near any contest you ever enter has a clause very much like this. Something along the lines of "if you make us look like assholes we're going to take our money back," except more pedantic and lawyer-like. Everybody knows the rules, and everybody should know that you don't dump on your host. But whether or not Blizzard was technically in the right or not doesn't matter to me. I think the strength of a political statement increases with the cost of utterance, and you have to be willing to pay the price for it to count. His words have value when they cost him, and seem empty if they weren't worth whatever it was that they cost him. I'm on the kid's side philosophically, but rebellion ain't free. Hang in there, fight the good fight, and know that it won't be getting any easier.

Also, wasn't Blizzard already pretty well despised? I haven't paid much attention to modern gaming in ages, but I thought they were pretty roundly regarded as the scum of the Earth.
E.F. Benson

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Rest in Peace
« Reply #2025 on: October 09, 2019, 10:40:37 PM »
ďengaging in any act that, in Blizzardís sole discretion, brings you into public disrepute, offends a portion or group of the public, or otherwise damages Blizzard image.Ē

Going along with what has been discussed here lately, can't we assume that pretty much anything will somehow "offend a portion or group of the public" at any given time?

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #2026 on: October 09, 2019, 11:02:45 PM »
Also, wasn't Blizzard already pretty well despised? I haven't paid much attention to modern gaming in ages, but I thought they were pretty roundly regarded as the scum of the Earth.

I think Blizzard is despised at times, but it's more of a sense of not really having a pulse on what their consumers really want in their games as oppose being despised because the company do whatever it takes to prosper and dominate even if it causes political controversy.  In fact, there was a PR disaster at last year's Blizzcon where people really want the next version of Diablo on PC and was hoping to hear it announced and after all of that teasing, Blizzard announced a mobile game version of Diablo and remember this, Blizzard's fanbase is primarily plays on PC with a few exceptions.  People's mood in the room at that time was not pretty.  I think there's a video out there about that announcement, but the point stands.  Blizzard, at times, just don't have a pulse of what people want from their games and people will take whatever chances they get to really hate Blizzard.  It just so happens that this incident causes the hatred on Blizzard to be at its highest peak.

Going along with what has been discussed here lately, can't we assume that pretty much anything will somehow "offend a portion or group of the public" at any given time?

Oh yeah, in today's society?  Absolutely.  However, if what the player says offends a small group of the public, and then Blizzard's actions offends a much larger group of people, if I'm on Blizzard's side, I take the proper action that wouldn't spread anger like wildfire.  They could have taken any other options to punish the player within their guidelines, but they went with the most extreme action (which included firing two commentators/interviews that hosted the interview) and that's what got people really upset about with regards to what's happening in China.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #2027 on: October 10, 2019, 01:48:25 PM »
Ive seen this talked about at work but wasn't aware of the details, thanks for sharing.  I'm not a fan of the ganging up on everyone who still wants to play blizzard games.  That's bullying to me.  I'm not entirely sure Blizzard did anything wrong, but I can respect what the gamer did and honestly, like EB stated, if Blizzard just ignored it, the message wouldn't of made news so by them making a big deal of it, it gave a lot more weight to the gamers words.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2028 on: October 10, 2019, 01:54:10 PM »
Looks like people online are unable to cancel their Blizzard accounts. From what I'm reading, there were four different authentication methods one could use to get their account deleted, and as of today, Blizzard has disabled all of them.   

If true, that's pretty fucked up.

Online sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #2029 on: October 11, 2019, 06:09:50 AM »
Looks like people online are unable to cancel their Blizzard accounts. From what I'm reading, there were four different authentication methods one could use to get their account deleted, and as of today, Blizzard has disabled all of them.   

If true, that's pretty fucked up.

That seems like a risky move that could leave them open to some sort of legal action.

Edit: On a related note...

https://sports.yahoo.com/ted-cruz-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-cosign-congressional-request-that-nba-suspend-activities-in-china-021745024.html
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 06:39:44 AM by sylvan »