Author Topic: The DragonForce Thread - Reaching Into Infinity out now!  (Read 16173 times)

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
Re: The DragonForce Thread - Reaching Into Infinity out now!
« Reply #175 on: May 19, 2020, 05:15:44 PM »
Aquiles Priester playthrough of Through the Fire and Flames.

Love the pattern with the two ride bells.  :lol
That was awesome. I love Aquiles' style of playing. In addition to the double ride patterns, the cool little heel-toe flares he was adding was spot on and sounded great.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #176 on: July 14, 2020, 10:51:34 AM »
Bump... just running through Extreme Power Metal for the first time in a long time. Leaves me totally cold, and the lyrics blatantly about Starship Troopers and Skyrim are embarrassingly corny imo. Not a fan of a lot of aspects about this band these days, and I really don't like this album much but there are some cool moments and good hooks. Too bad that lyrically they're lazier than ever before. At least there aren't any growls this time. The Celine Dion cover is the best thing here, although the Razorblade Meltdown hook is very nice

1. Sonic Firestorm
2. Valley of the Damned
3. Inhuman Rampage
drop in quality
4. Ultra Beatdown
5. Maximum Overload
6. Reaching Into Infinity
big drop in quality
7. The Power Within
8. Extreme Power Metal
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #177 on: July 14, 2020, 01:21:52 PM »
Reaching into Infinity is the best album they have ever done. I will agree Extreme Power Metal was a significant drop in quality though. My ranking would probably look like this:

Reaching Into Infinity
Inhuman Rampage
Sonic Firestorm
Ultra Beatdown
Valley of the Damned
Maximum Overload
Extreme Power Metal
The Power Within
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #178 on: July 14, 2020, 01:28:58 PM »
Reaching into Infinity is the best album they have ever done. I will agree Extreme Power Metal was a significant drop in quality though. My ranking would probably look like this:

Reaching Into Infinity
Inhuman Rampage
Sonic Firestorm
Ultra Beatdown
Valley of the Damned
Maximum Overload
Extreme Power Metal
The Power Within

Hell yeah at least we agree on bottom 2  :metal
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #179 on: July 14, 2020, 01:58:18 PM »
I haven't even checked the new one as the songs I heard I didn't like.  I'll spin it sometime.  A shame cause Infinity is my fav from them.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Peter Mc

« Reply #180 on: July 14, 2020, 04:35:30 PM »
I actually thought the new one was a bit of a return to form.  It’s not amazing or anything but I enjoyed it much more than Reaching Into Infinity which I would rank with The Power Within as their worst 2 albums.  Catchy singalong songs, cool solos, typical DragonForce for me.  Not a classic but solid for me.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #181 on: July 14, 2020, 04:54:26 PM »
I actually thought the new one was a bit of a return to form.  It’s not amazing or anything but I enjoyed it much more than Reaching Into Infinity which I would rank with The Power Within as their worst 2 albums.  Catchy singalong songs, cool solos, typical DragonForce for me.  Not a classic but solid for me.

Oh no, I'm not falling for that.

Offline Peter Mc

« Reply #182 on: July 14, 2020, 07:23:32 PM »
Ha ha.  All I mean is that, if you like DragonForce, you’ll probably enjoy it.  If you don’t, it’s probably not going to change your mind.  It’s better than some of their albums but not as good as their “classic” early albums.  It ended up staying on rotation in the car for quite a while for me after initially not liking the singles and being slightly underwhelmed by it.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #183 on: July 14, 2020, 09:02:58 PM »
Ha ha.  All I mean is that, if you like DragonForce, you’ll probably enjoy it.  If you don’t, it’s probably not going to change your mind.  It’s better than some of their albums but not as good as their “classic” early albums.  It ended up staying on rotation in the car for quite a while for me after initially not liking the singles and being slightly underwhelmed by it.

Nah it's alright mate, it's just an inside joke between a few of us that visit the hard rock thread routinely.  I'll check it out though for sure.

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #184 on: July 14, 2020, 09:06:19 PM »

Speak for yourself. I like the band & I still EPM sucks (the album, not the song).
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Offline Peter Mc

« Reply #185 on: July 15, 2020, 02:25:03 AM »
Hence the use of the word “probably” rather than “definitely”.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #186 on: October 20, 2020, 11:14:58 AM »
So, I've been watching Herman Li's Twitch recaps on Youtube. Some funny stuff with him and Sam making a (insert band) song in "10 min". Well, today's vid upload was him and Sam joined Alestorms Vocalist Chris. They decided to make their Alestorm song a diss track, and had Chris add some lyrics and a keyboard solo. The end result is pretty funny and good for a quick fun song...

https://youtu.be/G-XX3gnBr7c?t=661

Also, Sam and Chris should absolutely do a Pop-Punk Power Metal album...

Edited the link to the timestamp where the Pop-Punk Power Metal discussion and attempt start.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #187 on: September 02, 2023, 04:40:45 PM »
MARC HUDSON Releases Music Video for Title Track "Starbound Stories" from His Solo Album
https://lotsofmuzik.com/marc-hudson-releases-music-video-for-title-track-starbound-stories-from-his-solo-album/

Offline ProgMasterMind92

• he/him/his
  • barn owl cometh
« Reply #188 on: September 02, 2023, 07:47:20 PM »
it occurred to me, man... what the heck has to go wrong in one's life for a bunch of 40 year olds to name an album stuff like "the power within" and "maximum overload"? i mean, don't get me wrong, i've got mad respect for dragonforce and their insane guitar solos, but those album titles, it's like they're trying to tell us something, you know?

i've been rocking out to progressive and power metal since way back when, and i've seen some wild album titles in my time, but "the power within", it's got me scratching my head. it's like they're on a quest to find the hidden power within their AARP cards or something. 🤣

don't get me wrong, age is just a number, and these dudes can still shred like nobody's business. but seriously, it's like they're embracing their midlife crisis with open arms. maybe they found some secret fountain of youth, and "the power within" is their way of telling us they're never gonna grow up. i respect the dedication, but dang, guys, you're making us all feel ancient :lol
i need to live life like some people never will, so find me kindness find me beauty find me truth

Offline Skeever

« Reply #189 on: September 03, 2023, 03:29:16 PM »
it occurred to me, man... what the heck has to go wrong in one's life for a bunch of 40 year olds to name an album stuff like "the power within" and "maximum overload"? i mean, don't get me wrong, i've got mad respect for dragonforce and their insane guitar solos, but those album titles, it's like they're trying to tell us something, you know?

i've been rocking out to progressive and power metal since way back when, and i've seen some wild album titles in my time, but "the power within", it's got me scratching my head. it's like they're on a quest to find the hidden power within their AARP cards or something. 🤣

don't get me wrong, age is just a number, and these dudes can still shred like nobody's business. but seriously, it's like they're embracing their midlife crisis with open arms. maybe they found some secret fountain of youth, and "the power within" is their way of telling us they're never gonna grow up. i respect the dedication, but dang, guys, you're making us all feel ancient :lol

Um, what?

Offline ProgMasterMind92

• he/him/his
  • barn owl cometh
« Reply #190 on: September 03, 2023, 05:43:01 PM »

Um, what?

don't worry about it grandpa :lol
i need to live life like some people never will, so find me kindness find me beauty find me truth

Offline Skeever

« Reply #191 on: September 03, 2023, 06:02:04 PM »

Um, what?

You don't get it because you're a dog and Herman Li is a panther.

Offline ProgMasterMind92

• he/him/his
  • barn owl cometh
« Reply #192 on: September 03, 2023, 06:34:07 PM »

Um, what?

what? i have no disrespect for herman li. herman li from dragonforce is a total shredder, man. that dude can make his guitar sing like a rock n' roll angel. i remember playing "through the fire and the flames" on guitar hero, and let me tell ya, it was like trying to catch lightning in a bottle. took me a while, but i finally beat it on hard. herman's guitar skills are outta this world, and he's a legend in the metal world for sure! 🎸🤘

Offline Skeever

« Reply #193 on: September 03, 2023, 08:49:18 PM »

Um, what?

what? i have no disrespect for herman li. herman li from dragonforce is a total shredder, man. that dude can make his guitar sing like a rock n' roll angel. i remember playing "through the fire and the flames" on guitar hero, and let me tell ya, it was like trying to catch lightning in a bottle. took me a while, but i finally beat it on hard. herman's guitar skills are outta this world, and he's a legend in the metal world for sure! 🎸🤘

I completely agree with you! Herman Li is indeed a guitar legend, and his skills are absolutely mind-blowing. "Through the Fire and the Flames" is a real test of guitar prowess, and beating it on hard mode is a remarkable achievement. Herman Li's talent is out of this world.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni