Author Topic: Jon Lord(Deep Purple) dies at age 71  (Read 4196 times)

Offline guitarrero

Re: Jon Lord(Deep Purple) dies at age 71
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2012, 04:52:22 AM »
sad sad news indeed. Listening to some Purple-records the whole day now honoring the man. RIP Mr Lord!

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2012, 04:55:05 AM »
RIP Jon Lord!
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline masterthes

« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2012, 11:27:26 AM »
RIP Jon. Spinning some DP in his honor

Offline liquidtension

« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2012, 02:52:50 PM »
Its a sad day in rock 'n' roll.  We've lost an amazing musician and innovator.  There will never be another Jon Lord.  Without him and his role in Deep Purple, many of our favorite bands would probably be non-existent (or radically different).  It's pathetic that the hall of fame ignores them and now cannot properly honor this legend.
He has no enemies; and none of his friends like him.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2012, 10:43:08 AM »
Just surfing around the tube and came across this gem:

Jon Lord and The Lord Chamber Orchestra

Check out the tribute they did for RJD, it's so beautiful! :heart

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Hayden

« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2012, 10:25:20 PM »
I actually heard about this via word of mouth (which is a strange occurrence for me, what with living in the internet age), and I've gotta say that it hit me quite hard. It was one of those instances where I just had to go home and read the news for myself, just to actually confirm it in my mind. It's not as though I didn't believe the news, it was just incredibly hard to absorb. I was under the impression that he was on top of the disease, and that treatment was going well, so to hear that he'd succumbed was absolutely gut-wrenching. Jon Lord was a fine rock musician; one of the greatest we've ever seen. He basically changed the face of the genre, and played a big part in heightening its status in the world of music. He was instrumental, influential and, to many, inspirational. But, what was equally special about him was that he was a gentleman; he was a gentleman at the start of his career, remained a gentlemen through all the success, he was a gentlemen to the day he passed, and will be remembered as such. Anyone who retains their integrity and modesty in such an industry is someone who has my respect, and Jon Lord has my respect in full, both for being a stellar musician and a remarkable person.