Author Topic: The Threshold Thread v. Divided Lines  (Read 61881 times)

Offline Setlist Scotty

Re: The Threshold Thread v. For the Journey (merged)
« Reply #490 on: September 17, 2020, 03:05:35 PM »
Mac is the only Threshold singer i like, but obviously the non-mac albums still have some good songs here and there.
I'm not up on anything this Glynn guy has done, but personally, I cannot stand Damian.
Yeah, I'm not a huge fan either.  I much prefer the Mac era of the band.
While I can tolerate Damian, he is definitely my least favorite of Threshold's vocalists. When Mac split, I was really hoping Glynn would return and was bummed when they got Damian instead. But I was so happy when it was announced Glynn was back. He's my personal favorite of their vocalists (Psychedelicatessen was always one of my favorite albums of theirs, along with Clone), altho Mac is a close second.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #491 on: December 04, 2020, 12:17:41 PM »
Didn't know where to put this:

https://lotsofmuzik.com/league-of-lights-release-video-for-new-single-twenty-twenty-one/

LEAGUE OF LIGHTS, comprising married couple Farrah and Richard West (Threshold)

Offline gazinwales

« Reply #492 on: April 18, 2021, 02:15:00 PM »
The band are re-issuing their direct-to-fan releases only available from the band's webstore.
http://www.thresh.net/store/

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #493 on: April 18, 2021, 04:54:42 PM »
Saw that. Very interested to have a Live show with Mac. I bought a the Critical Energy DVD with him a number of years ago, but haven’t watched it in quite some time.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #494 on: April 18, 2021, 05:31:45 PM »
Saw that. Very interested to have a Live show with Mac. I bought a the Critical Energy DVD with him a number of years ago, but haven’t watched it in quite some time.

It's hard to watch with the dubbed in vocals.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #495 on: July 05, 2021, 07:42:21 AM »
from their FB feed ...

Threshold have entered Thin Ice Studios in Surrey, England to record the follow up to their critically acclaimed 2017 album 'Legends Of The Shires'.
Guitarist Karl Groom comments: "After not seeing the rest of the band for the longest time I can recall, it's great to be spending time together making music again. A new Threshold album is always special for the band, but this will mean a lot after recent events."
Following the release of 'Legends Of The Shires', Threshold toured the album across 18 different countries before their touring plans were put to a halt by the COVID-19 pandemic.
'Legends Of The Shires' saw the return of vocalist Glynn Morgan, for the first time since the band's 1994 record 'Psychedelicatessen'. In regards to rejoining the band, and recording the follow up to 'Legends...', Glynn explains: "It's an absolute buzz meeting up with the guys again and totally exciting to be getting going again. The whole 'Legends' journey was just so cool and it was awesome to be part of it, I just can’t wait to do it again!"
All of the songs for the new album have now been written and arranged, and the band are currently in the process of tracking their final performances.
Keyboard player Richard West concludes: "It's all coming together beautifully and sounding better than ever. If 'Legends Of The Shires' had a slightly darker, moodier older brother then this would be it."
Threshold's as yet untitled new album will be released via Nuclear Blast Records in the first half of 2022.

Yay!  LOTS was one of my favorite albums of 2017, and their set at PPUSA was fucking  :metal.  Lookin forward to this.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #496 on: July 05, 2021, 08:11:41 AM »
Great, I really enjoyed Legends.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline nick_z

« Reply #497 on: July 05, 2021, 11:38:45 AM »

I did too! I was super-excited for Glynn's return and he certainly didn't disappoint (along with the rest of the band, of course). I always had a soft spot for Psychedelicatessen, and Morgan's vocals were a big reason for that. Fantastic vocalist, wished he'd done more...

Offline gazinwales

« Reply #498 on: July 05, 2021, 03:27:36 PM »
Glynn sound great on the live album, but Legends is almost too harsh to listen to.
The brick wall mastering and very low dynamic range are total spoilers for me.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #499 on: July 05, 2021, 08:36:36 PM »
Great news and glad that they are sticking with Glynn. I was so upset with the Damian fiasco, but Glynn came in and blew me away. I ended up even tracking down both Mindfeed records from him.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #500 on: July 05, 2021, 08:46:12 PM »
Great news and glad that they are sticking with Glynn. I was so upset with the Damian fiasco, but Glynn came in and blew me away. I ended up even tracking down both Mindfeed records from him.

That's cool.  I was annoyed too when they fired Damian, but the last album was really good so.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #501 on: July 05, 2021, 10:36:48 PM »

I always had a soft spot for Psychedelicatessen, and Morgan's vocals were a big reason for that. Fantastic vocalist, wished he'd done more...

Made my DTF top 50 and was my first exposure to Threshold so he was who I related to as singer despite Damian being far more prolific over the discog.  I like Damian too and really enjoyed many of his albums with the band but I was glad to see Glynn back.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline nick_z

« Reply #502 on: July 06, 2021, 07:11:55 AM »

Yes! Love Ten Miles High...he really is the star of the show on that one...

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #503 on: July 06, 2021, 07:31:30 AM »
Legend of the Shrines is one of their best, so I am looking forward to their next effort.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #504 on: July 06, 2021, 11:32:38 AM »

Wow. Didn't know Glynn was in another band. I'm listening to the Mindfeed albums. Very strong stuff. Glynn's voice reminds me of Zak Stevens for whatever reason.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #505 on: July 06, 2021, 12:25:55 PM »
I'm not much of a fan of Damian's voice so this is good news for me.  This band has been an automatic buy from me since the release of 1998's "Clone" - I think Andrew "Mac" McDermott was my favorite of their vocalists, but Glynn is definitely a better choice than Damian. 

Offline the_silent_man

« Reply #506 on: July 06, 2021, 02:22:53 PM »
I thought this album was complete and they were on the verge of releasing! Guess I was wrong!  :lol

Looking forward, Threshold are always solid.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #507 on: July 16, 2021, 08:56:13 AM »
Interesting picture in the Threshold FB page.

Both Damian Wilson and Glynn at Thin Ice Studios (Threshold's studio). First time they have ever met.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #508 on: July 16, 2021, 09:44:25 AM »
I saw that... and more importantly, Damian doing something with/for Arena!

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #509 on: July 16, 2021, 10:46:33 AM »

Damian was named Arena's new vocalist some time ago. He will be on their new album whenever it comes out. I know nothing of Arena, aside from it being Mick Pointer's band, but plan on changing that with Damian in the fold.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline nick_z

« Reply #510 on: July 16, 2021, 12:17:57 PM »
I haven't listened to a ton of Arena records, but I kind of fondly remember The Visitor album. I believe it was the first with Jon Mitchell on guitar. I think the last I've heard is Pepper's Ghost...

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #511 on: July 16, 2021, 12:21:15 PM »
heh, Karl Groom engineered the drums on the first The ANABASIS album.  They were recorded at Thin Ice

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #512 on: July 16, 2021, 12:48:34 PM »

Damian was named Arena's new vocalist some time ago. He will be on their new album whenever it comes out. I know nothing of Arena, aside from it being Mick Pointer's band, but plan on changing that with Damian in the fold.

Now that you mention it, I think I remember hearing about that.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #513 on: July 16, 2021, 12:51:15 PM »
It's in the liner notes  :)

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #514 on: July 16, 2021, 01:08:22 PM »

At the time, Damian and Threshold appeared to have separated not in the best terms. Glad they patched up (maybe, sort of..who knows!). I do enjoy Mac and Glynn's voice more than Damian's.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #515 on: April 09, 2022, 06:14:46 AM »
Missed this from a couple of days ago ...

Quote from: Richard West's FB Page
Had a great day filming the video for our upcoming Threshold single. I'd forgotten how much I love doing this!

Hot damn!  :fistpump:

Offline gazinwales

« Reply #516 on: July 09, 2022, 05:42:53 PM »
Three months later, still nothing but 'coming soon' from Rich West.

Offline the_silent_man

« Reply #517 on: July 09, 2022, 06:24:52 PM »
Yeah, what is going on with this album? Feels like its been in production forever...

Offline gazinwales

« Reply #518 on: July 09, 2022, 07:11:30 PM »
I don't really know, I am pretty sure that the album has been in the can for a couple of months.
It could be that they looking at a new recording contract and being one of the many bands leaving NB.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #519 on: July 14, 2022, 09:10:26 AM »
"Incoming transmission due July 15th:"

https://bfan.link/silenced.fpo

Looks like we'll have a new single tomorrow.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #520 on: July 14, 2022, 10:33:19 AM »
"Incoming transmission due July 15th:"

https://bfan.link/silenced.fpo

Looks like we'll have a new single tomorrow.

:caffeine:

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #521 on: July 14, 2022, 06:29:02 PM »
Pretty cool song for a single I reckon...................plenty of DT influence in that opening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZlaXOvKew8
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #522 on: July 14, 2022, 06:46:57 PM »
Pretty cool song for a single I reckon...................plenty of DT influence in that opening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZlaXOvKew8

Unavailable..

You're ahead of your time, Brent! :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline gazinwales

« Reply #523 on: July 14, 2022, 11:10:32 PM »
The new song is killer, lots of keys, great melody and Glynn sounds so perfect for the band  :xbones

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #524 on: July 14, 2022, 11:34:29 PM »
The new song is killer, lots of keys, great melody and Glynn sounds so perfect for the band  :xbones

Glad you agree..........I thought everyone would be pining for Damian by now  :D.  Unlike most I grew up with Psychedelicatessen (and less so Extinct Instinct) being "my" Threshold albums/era and , although I love plenty of their other work , their recent work with Glynn brings back a lot of memories and feels very "right" to me.  Keen to hear the new album  :metal

www.theguitardojo.com.au