Author Topic: The Threshold Thread v. For the Journey (merged)  (Read 23259 times)

Online Lethean

Re: The Threshold Thread v. For the Journey (merged)
« Reply #385 on: May 10, 2018, 12:29:30 PM »
Do you guys know if they'll play the whole new album at the Night Of The Prog? Or will they play other songs as well?

I don't know 100%, but I think they'll do other songs and are saving the whole album for their own tour.

I was hoping it would be this way. I bet, their new one is great, but I don't know it so well yet. Also, maybe it's better for a festival if they play their classics, because 1. they dont have so much time like at their own concerts (and Legend is super long) and 2. people wanna hear Mission Profile and Light & Space goddamnit
:rollin  The people, or you?  :)  In all seriousness, I kinda agree with that.  They're not the headliners, so they might not have a long enough slot.  Logistically, it might not even be possible.  Otherwise, for most festivals with all kinds of different metal,  I'd say they should do a mixed set. But for a prog festival - if they had the time, maybe as headliners, it wouldn't be out of line for them to do their first double album in it's entirety. If they had a 2 hour slot they could still play Light and Space and Mission Profile too. (Both are favorites of mine too).

Offline Fritzinger

• Fritzes Musikblog
« Reply #386 on: May 11, 2018, 01:00:46 AM »
Do you guys know if they'll play the whole new album at the Night Of The Prog? Or will they play other songs as well?

I don't know 100%, but I think they'll do other songs and are saving the whole album for their own tour.

I was hoping it would be this way. I bet, their new one is great, but I don't know it so well yet. Also, maybe it's better for a festival if they play their classics, because 1. they dont have so much time like at their own concerts (and Legend is super long) and 2. people wanna hear Mission Profile and Light & Space goddamnit
:rollin  The people, or you?  :)  In all seriousness, I kinda agree with that.  They're not the headliners, so they might not have a long enough slot.  Logistically, it might not even be possible.  Otherwise, for most festivals with all kinds of different metal,  I'd say they should do a mixed set. But for a prog festival - if they had the time, maybe as headliners, it wouldn't be out of line for them to do their first double album in it's entirety. If they had a 2 hour slot they could still play Light and Space and Mission Profile too. (Both are favorites of mine too).

In fact, Neal Morse and Spock's Beard did just that 2 years ago (2 years already? wow).
But yeah you got me. I would like a cool mix of their best songs better  :biggrin:
me desperté en un mundo con dos tipos de gente: la mas y la menos extrema

Offline Nick

• Call Kenny Loggins
  • Global Moderator
  • Cause you're in the danger zone
    • My Radio Show!
« Reply #387 on: May 11, 2018, 10:15:30 AM »
:D

For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Online Kattoelox

• Cart Corral Crusader
« Reply #388 on: May 11, 2018, 10:21:11 AM »
Nick, are you the guy on the right, or Seth Rogen?  :)

Offline Nick

• Call Kenny Loggins
  • Global Moderator
    • My Radio Show!
« Reply #389 on: May 11, 2018, 10:23:09 AM »
Nick, are you the guy on the right, or Seth Rogen?  :)

Although I've never really seen it before, Seth Rogen, apparently.
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com

Offline kingshmegland

• defender of the brew!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #390 on: May 11, 2018, 10:24:11 AM »
And Nick does not have his laugh as well. :lol
“I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart

So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online Kattoelox

• Cart Corral Crusader
« Reply #391 on: May 11, 2018, 10:24:27 AM »
I totally see it in that pic, but I'm a huge Seth Rogen fan so that's also a compliment  :metal

Online Lethean

« Reply #392 on: May 11, 2018, 10:48:06 AM »
Pretty sure I saw you both there, and heard at least one of you being totally wrong about The Astonishing... :)

Online Lethean

« Reply #393 on: May 11, 2018, 10:52:59 AM »

In fact, Neal Morse and Spock's Beard did just that 2 years ago (2 years already? wow).
But yeah you got me. I would like a cool mix of their best songs better  :biggrin:

Hehehe.  Since I get to see them live almost never, I was very happy with the set they played.  Both the obvious ones, and songs like Hollow and Pressure, which I think may get overlooked but are *incredible*.  Looking at their setlists however, I think they could probably stand to mix it up a bit more than they do.  If I got to see them on each tour I'd be wanting them to bring out some more songs.

Offline Nick

• Call Kenny Loggins
  • Global Moderator
    • My Radio Show!
« Reply #394 on: May 11, 2018, 01:55:10 PM »
Pretty sure I saw you both there, and heard at least one of you being totally wrong about The Astonishing... :)

Must have been Mason then, because I will take my stance on The Astonishing to the grave. :lol

Online jingle.boy

• DTF's resident deceased dictator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The changing of the worrd is inevitabre!!!
« Reply #395 on: May 11, 2018, 02:28:40 PM »

Must have been Mason then, because I will take my stance on The Astonishing to the grave. :lol

Which is completely (and oddly... for you) 100% correct.
Can you imagine some alien race comes to a large nebula they've never seen before, and it just turns out it's the Federation's dumping ground for space-smile?
And TAC can suck it  :biggrin:, this is heavy in all the right places.  :tup

Offline kingshmegland

• defender of the brew!
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #396 on: May 11, 2018, 02:56:57 PM »

Dammit.  I was there too! I wish I knew you were there!
“I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart

So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online Kattoelox

• Cart Corral Crusader
« Reply #397 on: May 11, 2018, 03:03:23 PM »
Sounds like you missed out on making a bunch of new friends, Lethean  :biggrin:

Online Lethean

« Reply #398 on: May 11, 2018, 05:05:27 PM »

Are you in the picture with Nick?

Offline Nick

• Call Kenny Loggins
  • Global Moderator
    • My Radio Show!
« Reply #399 on: May 11, 2018, 07:35:07 PM »

Are you in the picture with Nick?

Nah, Dr. DTVT is the other DTF member in that picture.

Online Lethean

« Reply #400 on: May 11, 2018, 09:08:46 PM »
Are the 3 of you Rosfest "regulars?"

Offline Nick

• Call Kenny Loggins
  • Global Moderator
    • My Radio Show!
« Reply #401 on: May 12, 2018, 07:14:52 AM »

Although twice it was only for a day, I've been to RoSfest 6 times since 2010.

Offline kingshmegland

• defender of the brew!
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #402 on: May 12, 2018, 07:25:25 AM »

I've gone the last 4 years with my wife.

Online Lethean

« Reply #403 on: May 12, 2018, 11:28:19 AM »
Ah OK.  I had been once before - I found out about it while looking up Riverside tour dates and thought the lineup was very cool.  I went for the whole thing, but when I got there, I heard a lot of complaints about the lineup and it seemed to be an anomaly.  I remember one person talking about how Shadow Gallery was a "local band" and maybe that's why all these new people showed up for that day.  It was odd, but the guy I sat next to told me that a lot of the bands were much heavier than usual.  This time I just went for Saturday, and knew more about what to expect so I wasn't thrown like I had been the first time. 

Online Lethean

« Reply #404 on: July 10, 2018, 12:47:28 AM »

Hey Fritzinger, almost time for Night of the Prog.  Any chance you could put a GoPro on your head and live stream Threshold's set?  Just a little favor... :)