Author Topic: Song by my band! Would like to hear your opinions on it!  (Read 534 times)

Offline ChrisHenny

Song by my band! Would like to hear your opinions on it!
« on: July 12, 2012, 05:10:22 PM »
Hello people,

I've been lurking on the Dream Theater Forums for a long time now! And now I finally came around becoming a member, so I'll probably be posting more stuff.

I know all of you guys are into prog probably, so I am wondering what you think of this song of my band, Ahmshere! We are currently recording our first album, which will be released in October. Would really love to hear some opinions on the song!

https://soundcloud.com/fransatsounddecision/ahmshere-momentum-20120616-v-1

Let me hear what you progheads think of it!  :smiley:

Thanks in advance!  :tup

Greetings,
Chris

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
Re: Song by my band! Would like to hear your opinions on it!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 10:10:56 PM »
prog is dumb in the thumb and everyone here knows it

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 10:20:44 PM »
This is what Rush should've been doing when they wanted to simplify their prog extravagance back in the 80s. Very nice effort. Keep 'em comin :tup

Just make sure to post 'em in the Musician's subforum (two spots below "General Discussion" on the main page) so no one gives you guff about posting it in the wrong subforum. Feel free to just PM me with anything else you care to get feedback on as well. You've definitely earned my respect :metal

Lastly, your band name would sound like the way Toki from Metalocalypse would say "I'm here" if you didn't capitalize the letter "S."
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline ChrisHenny

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 04:20:46 AM »
Thanks man, that's great to hear! Appreciate the kind words, thank you!!  :metal

And I'll surely keep that in mind! We're currently recording and mixing out other songs, and as soon as we have them finished I'll PM you or post it (in the Musician's subforum next time!  ;D)

Greetings,
Chris