Author Topic: Have Dream Theater Ever Written Like This Before?  (Read 1122 times)

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
  • The Original Unseasoned Fan
Have Dream Theater Ever Written Like This Before?
« on: July 09, 2012, 06:24:20 PM »
https://twitter.com/jpetrucci/

https://blogs.dallasobserver.com/dc9/2012/07/dream_theaters_john_petrucci_p.php

It seems like Dream Theater are doing a lot of writing on tour. Have they ever written this way before? I can't remember them ever doing so, but I'm not 100 percent sure.

Either way, I'm pumped! Not sure how much of a difference it'll make, but it's an interesting change.
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline darkshade

Re: Have Dream Theater Ever Written Like This Before?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 06:34:02 PM »
Interviewer - "I can imagine it's pretty exciting that this will be the first album writing with Mangini."

John Petrucci - "Yeah, that's going to be exciting. In fact, since we've been on tour, we've taken advantage here and there at soundchecks. If I write something in my hotel room, I'll bring it in and try it out at soundcheck. Or if we spontaneously bust into a jam, we record all those ideas. Mike is right in there with us, showing us his ability as a drummer, his ability to pick up things, to create things and react in a way. We had a fantastic chemistry with him already without getting into the studio. So it's very exciting, very encouraging."

:omg:

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 06:38:09 PM »
Do you think JP posts himself or an assistant does it? It seemed to me that unlike JR; JP is not very much into the internet social stuff.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline TheGreatPretender

• The Second Dancing Turtle
  • You are reading these words.
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 07:36:45 PM »
I'm so psyched for the next album.
The worst thing about getting into a band pretty late in their career is that as you're discovering all these albums you haven't heard before, it feels like a 'new' album every three months, or however often you buy one. Now that I'm caught up, it's like, I need my fix!
"How's that for a slice of fried gold?"

Offline SomeoneLikeHim

• The flame is gone
  • The fire remains
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 04:54:49 AM »
The worst thing about getting into a band pretty late in their career is that as you're discovering all these albums you haven't heard before, it feels like a 'new' album every three months, or however often you buy one. Now that I'm caught up, it's like, I need my fix!
+1
"We can walk our road together, if our goals are all the same
We can run alone and free, if we pursue a different aim"

Offline IdoSC

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 05:55:23 AM »
Oh yeah definitely, I remember that moment like 3 years ago where I realized there's nothing new for me to hear from Dream Theater until Black Clouds comes out :lol And then again with Dramatic Turn