Author Topic: Car help plz  (Read 420 times)

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
Car help plz
« on: July 04, 2012, 08:07:57 AM »
So, a lot of you know that mrs.snapple and I are without jobs. We do have a good amount of money saved. However, until we get jobs we've got to be tight with it and make sure it will last awhile. Anyway, our car is overheating.

So, I think I can fix the car. There is this part that goes on top of the radiator that bolts down that I need replaced. I don't know what the heck it's called.

it's a 93 pontiac bonneville (yes, it's a grandmother car).

edit: that being broken is causing the fans behind the radiator to not spin because the housing rests against the blades.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: Car help plz
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 11:16:18 AM »
I have no idea where you live, but if such a place is available, that's a part I'd get from the junk yard.  The local Pick & Pull would give you that thing for 10 bucks. 

If the reason for the overheating is the fan not turning, then it should only run hot when the car is sitting still and cool back down once you're driving again.  If it runs hot while you're doing 60 on the hwy, then the problem lies elsewhere.  That fan is only a supplement for when you're sitting at a light or stuck in traffic. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 11:17:29 AM »
yeah, i ended up finding more problems with it. a buddy is going to come look at it tomorrow before we take it in. Also, I'll post more pictures later, but I'm on "vacation" and I need to "spend less time on the computer".

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 11:36:36 AM »
:obscure:
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson