Author Topic: Having trouble w/ Dime  (Read 4173 times)

Offline Ytsejammin

• The biggest DT freak in Idaho
Having trouble w/ Dime
« on: July 03, 2012, 02:06:55 PM »
Dear DT Friends ,
I have U-Torrent and it works with other bit-torrrent sites but , for some reason , not dime. It has worked in the past and recently it just ques up and shows "downloading". It remains this way but nothing gets downloaded. Would anybody out here know why? I'm missing out on some great DT and other band shows. Is it how I have U-tORRENT set up? Is it something on Dimes end? Any help would be appreciated.
Through natures inflexible grace , I\'m learning to live.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: Having trouble w/ Dime
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 02:09:33 PM »
Strange. I use Utorrent and am not having a problem. Maybe reinstall Utorrent?
I'm very technically challenged.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 02:20:10 PM »
Dear DT Friends ,
I have U-Torrent and it works with other bit-torrrent sites but , for some reason , not dime. It has worked in the past and recently it just ques up and shows "downloading". It remains this way but nothing gets downloaded. Would anybody out here know why? I'm missing out on some great DT and other band shows. Is it how I have U-tORRENT set up? Is it something on Dimes end? Any help would be appreciated.

That's very weird. I don't recall doing any set up on my u-torrent when I joined dime, so I'm as clueless as you are. Try re-installing, or if the issue persists, changing client.

I don't know if this is of any consolation, but I'm having a awful lot of problems downloading anything else than dime with u-torrent (and any other client) :/
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 03:07:11 PM »
Idk what Dime is, but my Utorrent was doing something similar, starting a download but showing it as a 0 size file. Recently I started up and it had me download the newest version, now it works fine

Offline Ytsejammin

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 10:48:10 PM »
Thanks guys! I'll update and/or re-install and let you know what happens.

Offline Ytsejammin

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 11:14:19 AM »
Sorry guys. I tried those things and they had no effect. It could be my PC. THanks anyway.

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 11:33:05 AM »
Sorry guys. I tried those things and they had no effect. It could be my PC. THanks anyway.

Try googling "issues private tracker torrent". Maybe there are other users who figured out how to solve the problem. Anyway, if you wish to have one of the recent DT shows that popped out on dime lately, I could upload it for you  :)
- Marco

Offline Ytsejammin

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 09:21:33 PM »
Whoa! Generous offer wasteland! I'll let you know what pans out.

Offline jonny108

• Snaaaake Eater
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ille qui nos omnes servabit
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2012, 10:38:47 AM »
Could be something to do with your download/upload ratio? I believe Dime has something enabled where if your ratio isn't high enough you can't download their torrents.  It may have something to do with that.

Offline Onno

• Well, it's just entertainment, folks!
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2012, 04:20:51 PM »
Could be something to do with your download/upload ratio? I believe Dime has something enabled where if your ratio isn't high enough you can't download their torrents.  It may have something to do with that.
(late post) Yeah I'm having this problem too, I downloaded a few shows but realized too late that they were running this policy. Now I have 2 complete shows and 3 non-complete ones, waiting forever for someone to download them so that my ratio gets a bit higher again...

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2012, 08:32:48 PM »
No wonder I've been trying, unsuccessfully, to download DT's Boston show for a month...
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2012, 11:24:46 AM »
No wonder I've been trying, unsuccessfully, to download DT's Boston show for a month...

This is exactly the issue...Dime is a two way street your upload if your upload ratio drops way down they will not allow you to download anything until you get your ratio back in balance

I have had to leave torrents open for days (sometimes weeks) in order to get the proper ratio

If your the type of downloader who closes a torrent as soon as it is finished you will run into this problem
Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2012, 11:31:23 AM »
I'm a proud owner of a share ratio of 13.47 with 2.09TB uploaded  :biggrin:

- Marco

Offline TTD

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2013, 01:24:26 PM »

So upload something else to boost your ratio ....

Offline Grizz

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2013, 01:49:45 PM »
It's not a dead torrent, is it?
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"