Author Topic: Here on DTF, I am hands-down THE biggest fan of ______ (anything) on the forums  (Read 8490 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
New England Patriots.  Season Ticket holder since 1986.  I was 18.  Come at me bros.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
I challenge. We shall now fight to the death.
We shall meet at the flagpole behind school at 3:00 PM, after the last bell
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
I'm claiming seedless grapes - COME AT ME, BROS. :xbones

Offline YtseCullen

• DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident Jedi.
I'd say the Philadelphia Flyers, but then Nick would probably have something to say about that...

Considering I claimed them back in the first few replied to the thread, yes I would. :p

Well pick one thing man. I can't think of anything, that was my only choice :(
May The Force Be With You.

• DT.net Member
Keebler's Pizzarias chips from the early 90s. RIP :'(
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
1. St. Louis Rams
2. Scuba diving
3. Underwater Photography

• DT.net Member
1. St. Louis Rams

Were you unaware that Bob Waterfield posts here?

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
1. St. Louis Rams

Were you unaware that Bob Waterfield posts here?

Umm...is Bob Waterfield still alive??? :lol................. :|

• DT.net Member
Yep. If it's 1983.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni

Yep. If it's 1983.

:lol  seriously though....  what the Rams did in the early 50's with dueling QB's was pretty damn dynamic.  Check out the stats of the '51 Championship games...

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/195112230ram.htm

• DT.net Member
Fuck that. Check out what they did during the 1950 regular season. They scored 70 and 65 on consecutice weeks including a 41-point 3rd quarter that remains tied for an NFL record as well as scoring an NFL record 165 points over a 3-week period and another NFL record of averaging 38.83 points a game for an entire season.

Any '07 Pats, '98 Vikes, or '83 Skins fanboys that wanna hate can look at the fact that the '50 Rams would've only had to average 31.0 ppg (a mark they reached in 7 of their 12 games) to end up at 590 points on a 16-game schedule as they scored 466 in 12 games. That would best the 589 put up by the current "record holders", the '07 Pats.

Edit: On a nice sidenote, ya boy Tom Fears, who led all Rams receivers with 146 yards receiving on 4 catches, would eventually be the first-ever head coach of my beloved Saints. He also held the NFL record for receptions in a game (18) until Terrell Owens got 20 in Jerry Rice's last game with the 49ers in 2000 which means Fears held his record for a full 50 years.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 01:22:12 AM by black_floyd »

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
OK...you're the official "Rainman" of football on DTF..... :lol  That is impressive for sure.  The Rams, while not winning as many Championships as they should have back then,  were pretty spectacular.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni

How dare you show me a picture of that turtling MF'er! :lol  I had to see him play live and I wanted Flutie to play so bad.  At the time, our coach Raymond Berry, (Awesome reciever in his time)  hated Flutie for some reason and as Flutie was taking us to the playoffs, Berry Benched Flutie for that wanker Eason for the last 2 games and we were knocked out of the playoffs.  That was 1988.

You know how else hated Tony Eason?!  John (Hog) Hannah!  That's who!!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline rude boy

Fernando Alonso and F1 generally.

• DT.net Member

How dare you show me a picture of that turtling MF'er! :lol  I had to see him play live and I wanted Flutie to play so bad.  At the time, our coach Raymond Berry, (Awesome reciever in his time)  hated Flutie for some reason and as Flutie was taking us to the playoffs, Berry Benched Flutie for that wanker Eason for the last 2 games and we were knocked out of the playoffs.  That was 1988.

You know how else hated Tony Eason?!  John (Hog) Hannah!  That's who!!

Kinda bums me out that they never won a title with Steve Grogan at the helm. Just think of it: Grogan's Heroes. Don't that roll off the tongue nicely?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
GI love Grogan and the fans here adore him.  we just came upon a juggernaut that year.

Tough as nail he was. That's what frustrated the Pats fan base with Eason.  He'd duck the first sign of pressure.  I wish I could find the quote that Hannah said.  You'd love it.

Offline lateralus88

• The Official DTF Stanley Kubrick Fanboi
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I stabbed Euronymous because he drank my PBR
ITT: we post things we like a bit more than normal people
I felt its length in quite a few places.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #3