Author Topic: Here on DTF, I am hands-down THE biggest fan of ______ (anything) on the forums  (Read 8489 times)

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
But you have no basis for comparison, so seeing my face would be irrelevant. YOU TRYING TO SCAM ME, JAFFA.

Worth a shot.
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
Did I actually make a popular thread?  :eek

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
The Pleistocene Epoch.

I'm guessing my fossil collection which predominantly comes from this period is up to nearly 150k in value now.
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran

The North Carolina Tar Heels

maybe - have you read Basketball: Multiple Offense and Defense?

what part of the state do you live in?

I have not read the book. I currently live in Durham, but was raised in Chapel Hill. I'm proud to represent the Heels over here in the enemy's territory.

awesome.  I just moved to Texas after 11 years in Raleigh.

Some of my Tar Heel "cred":

When I was in-state, I listened to Woody/Mick (Jones/Eric/Phil/Adam etc) do the pregame, their call every game, and all the postgame (even the stupid call in show they used to do at the end).  Paused the tv feed just enough so that the action on the screen matched the radio call.
Watched Roy Williams live every Monday when WTVD aired it on one of their alternate stations, and listened to it on the radio when they stopped.
Went to the 2008 Maui Invitational to see UNC bring home the trophy.
Skipped work 3 days in the span of a week to stand outside the Dean Dome for 2-3 hours each day waiting for general admission seating to the 2003 NIT.  This was for a team that went 17-15 in the regular season and 6-10 in the ACC.  Outside of a UNC/dook game and maybe the Maryland "Snow Game", the Georgetown game was possibly the most raucous atmosphere the Dean Dome has ever seen.
Survived the Doh Wars on IC.
Attended every Late Night with the Tar Heels from 2000 to 2011.
Was in attendance when Hansbrough broke Phil Ford's UNC scoring record.
Met both Dean Smith and Roy Williams at separate book signings after standing in lines for hours.
Watched every Inside Carolina Basketball show that aired for approximately a decade.
To this day, still use plastic UNC cups at lunch/dinner procured from many games at the Smith Center and Kenan Stadium.
Knows who Neil Fingleton is.
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
Pinball: I fucking adore the shit out of pinball. It's the best form of entertainment in the entire universe. I don't actually own any tables, but I'd seriously never get any work done if I had one. The level of intimacy, strategy, and skill involved in pinball is something nothing else can fully capture.

that's cool.  Do you happen to play any video pinball (Pinball FX2 or any of the Hall of Fame games on Xbox or playstation)?  I am freaking addicted to FX2 right now.
I do. I don't care for FX's physics very much, but as far as fantasy pinball, they are the kings. The hall of fame games are much better in terms of physics and having the real tables that I grew up with. Their new downloadable game, The Pinball Arcade, is by far the best pinball simulation ever created. They're releasing two new tables every month or so.  :tup
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
Boobs.

Sorry, I am actually shocked I got there first. Coz or Jammin, if you wish to buy the rights from me....I take payment in boobs.

Me too.  Actually, I just now saw this for the first time and yeah, I don't think there's any doubt that when the word "boobs" comes up, people generally associate my name with it.  I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing, but I'm also not sure if I give a damn.  :lol

So biggest fan of what?  Boobs, colby cheese, and Yuengling Lager.  I went with beer because it's possible someone here likes Jack Daniels more than I do.

Offline rogerdil

Criminal Minds
edible clays
infrared saunas
tryptamines
Terence McKenna
herbs
bossa nova/MPB
Investigation Discovery
Gary Cohen

Offline alirocker08

• Apparently not a hobbit
  • 'Sup, I'm a very short elf
Make up

Not having a penis.
ITT: We discover that Alice is elvish...
Psshh, your status as a hobbit has just been a cover. Your cover has been blown.

Offline senecadawg2

The North Carolina Tar Heels

maybe - have you read Basketball: Multiple Offense and Defense?

what part of the state do you live in?

I have not read the book. I currently live in Durham, but was raised in Chapel Hill. I'm proud to represent the Heels over here in the enemy's territory.

Some of my Tar Heel "cred":

When I was in-state, I listened to Woody/Mick (Jones/Eric/Phil/Adam etc) do the pregame, their call every game, and all the postgame (even the stupid call in show they used to do at the end).  Paused the tv feed just enough so that the action on the screen matched the radio call.  I also listen to the pregame and the post game, and of course all the postgame interviews. However, I don't listen to the radio during the game, but instead watch the TV muted. Any TV announcers really bug me, and I don't feel the need to have someone else tell me what I can see with my own eyes.
Watched Roy Williams live every Monday when WTVD aired it on one of their alternate stations, and listened to it on the radio when they stopped. I too followed this, although maybe not live EVERY Monday. In my defense, I have busy Mondays sometimes...
Went to the 2008 Maui Invitational to see UNC bring home the trophy. Impressive, I'm super jealous. I have never had the ideal financial situation to allow for me to attend these annual invitationals
Skipped work 3 days in the span of a week to stand outside the Dean Dome for 2-3 hours each day waiting for general admission seating to the 2003 NIT.  This was for a team that went 17-15 in the regular season and 6-10 in the ACC.  Outside of a UNC/dook game and maybe the Maryland "Snow Game", the Georgetown game was possibly the most raucous atmosphere the Dean Dome has ever seen. As for skipping to attend games... I am in school so I can't skip work, but I CAN skip school! Every year I skip a couple of days for the ACC tournament. Of course, I also followed the NIT season very closely. As I'm sure you can understand, it as at that point that the real fans reveal themselves.
Survived the Doh Wars on IC. Good ol' IC. To be honest I haven't been on there since the Doh Wars, only the last 6 years or so... However, I do check in at least once a day, even during the off season, for potential news. During the season, it is easily my most visited page (probably something like 10-15 times a day)
Attended every Late Night with the Tar Heels from 2000 to 2011. You have me beat here. Although, in my defense, I always watch the video highlights many many times...  :-\
Was in attendance when Hansbrough broke Phil Ford's UNC scoring record. Me too! I went with a buddy of mine who always has season tickets.
Met both Dean Smith and Roy Williams at separate book signings after standing in lines for hours. Never met either of them, so...  :mehlin
Watched every Inside Carolina Basketball show that aired for approximately a decade. Maybe not EVERY show, but I have missed very few.
To this day, still use plastic UNC cups at lunch/dinner procured from many games at the Smith Center and Kenan Stadium. :lol I love those plastic cups! I have like 20 of them from soccer games, and also use them ALL the time.
Knows who Neil Fingleton is. I was pretty young at the time, so never remember seeing him. Although, I have heard several references to him and do know the story.

I'm impressed with your credentials. I will add:

I follow all current and former players (plus future recruits) on Twitter, in hopes of obtaining shreds of light into their lives. Plus, of course trying to find news...
Speaking of recruits, I obsess over all the potential recruits, watch tape and if possible, try to watch them in person. I like to know what is coming 2-3 years down the road, and I do.
So I'm a young guy, and missed out on a lot of great games from before my time. I have done my best to make up for this, constantly watching archived games wherever I can find them. (Going back to the 70s).
I follow the former tar heels religiously, including the ones that haven't turned out so well. For example, I know all about Will Graves in Japan, Reyshawn Terry, Rashad McCants ( :'( ), etc. etc.

Also, bonus points to me for personally taking a lead pipe to Gregory Echenique's knee cap.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
Pinball: I fucking adore the shit out of pinball. It's the best form of entertainment in the entire universe. I don't actually own any tables, but I'd seriously never get any work done if I had one. The level of intimacy, strategy, and skill involved in pinball is something nothing else can fully capture.

that's cool.  Do you happen to play any video pinball (Pinball FX2 or any of the Hall of Fame games on Xbox or playstation)?  I am freaking addicted to FX2 right now.
I do. I don't care for FX's physics very much, but as far as fantasy pinball, they are the kings. The hall of fame games are much better in terms of physics and having the real tables that I grew up with. Their new downloadable game, The Pinball Arcade, is by far the best pinball simulation ever created. They're releasing two new tables every month or so.  :tup

yeah, the FX2 physics are a bit floaty and unreal, but the tables are usually so awesome I don't mind.  I really need to check out that new one Pinball Arcade.  I've been hesitant because I already have the Williams HOF game and it seems that many of the tables are the same.
Winger would be better!

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
When I was in-state, I listened to Woody/Mick (Jones/Eric/Phil/Adam etc) do the pregame, their call every game, and all the postgame (even the stupid call in show they used to do at the end).  Paused the tv feed just enough so that the action on the screen matched the radio call.  I also listen to the pregame and the post game, and of course all the postgame interviews. However, I don't listen to the radio during the game, but instead watch the TV muted. Any TV announcers really bug me, and I don't feel the need to have someone else tell me what I can see with my own eyes.

So you listen in silence?  Mike Patrick is the worst.  THE. WORST.

Went to the 2008 Maui Invitational to see UNC bring home the trophy. Impressive, I'm super jealous. I have never had the ideal financial situation to allow for me to attend these annual invitationals

this was so awesome.  The place is about the size of a high school gym.  For the Oregon game, we had purchased standing room only tickets, and they found us a seat on the front row immediately behind the Oregon bench.

Skipped work 3 days in the span of a week to stand outside the Dean Dome for 2-3 hours each day waiting for general admission seating to the 2003 NIT.  This was for a team that went 17-15 in the regular season and 6-10 in the ACC.  Outside of a UNC/dook game and maybe the Maryland "Snow Game", the Georgetown game was possibly the most raucous atmosphere the Dean Dome has ever seen. As for skipping to attend games... I am in school so I can't skip work, but I CAN skip school! Every year I skip a couple of days for the ACC tournament. Of course, I also followed the NIT season very closely. As I'm sure you can understand, it as at that point that the real fans reveal themselves.

notice I didn't mention 8-20.  That season NEVER HAPPENED.

To this day, still use plastic UNC cups at lunch/dinner procured from many games at the Smith Center and Kenan Stadium. :lol I love those plastic cups! I have like 20 of them from soccer games, and also use them ALL the time.

one of my cups met its fate in the closing minutes of the 2007 NCAA game against Georgetown.  As I realized we were blowing the game, I threw it down the hallway where it exploded into a thousand pieces.

Speaking of recruits, I obsess over all the potential recruits, watch tape and if possible, try to watch them in person. I like to know what is coming 2-3 years down the road, and I do.

I actually ordered "The Truth: The Raymond Felton Story".  This was a VHS tape (yes VHS) that Felton's local South Carolina news station had put together documenting his story from early childhood to high school.

Also, bonus points to me for personally taking a lead pipe to Gregory Echenique's knee cap.

Ugh.  Please also do this to Ethan Wragge.
Winger would be better!

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?

Oh yeah?  Whereabouts?

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni

I like Mike Patrick  :-[
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran

Oh yeah?  Whereabouts?

McKinney (NE of Dallas)  Where are you?  And who else is in TX?  I'm sure there are plenty on the board.
Winger would be better!

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran

I like Mike Patrick  :-[

are you Britney Spears?
Winger would be better!

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?

Oh yeah?  Whereabouts?

McKinney (NE of Dallas)  Where are you?  And who else is in TX?  I'm sure there are plenty on the board.

I know there's some Texans here, but I can only think of me, Progmetty, and El Barto at the moment.  I'm in SE Austin, but I'm originally from Houston.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Criminal Minds
herbs
I won't challenge, but I love Criminal Minds.

If you're talking about cooking herbs though, the gauntlet is thrown.

Offline rogerdil

Criminal Minds
herbs
I won't challenge, but I love Criminal Minds.

If you're talking about cooking herbs though, the gauntlet is thrown.

Cool on Criminal Minds.  Was referring to herbal teas/tinctures, not cooking, so there's room to share that crown.

Offline HarlequinForest

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
I'll take pizza and sandwiches.
prog sucks
Even if you're not serious, I'm going to pretend you are and use this as proof that not all heroes wear capes.

Offline WindMaster

• DTF's Ultimate Frisbee Player
  • DTF.org Alumni
I'm taking Ginger Beer.
I only listen to electro-post dubprog.  You've probably never heard of it.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
I'm taking Ginger Beer.

Just bought some Gosling's ginger beer and some Gosling's black seal rum for some authentic dark & stormy's.  Yum.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline WindMaster

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm taking Ginger Beer.

Just bought some Gosling's ginger beer and some Gosling's black seal rum for some authentic dark & stormy's.  Yum.
Ginger beer is my favorite drink.  :hefdaddy

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
I'm taking Ginger Beer.

I've only had Barritt's and Gosling's and I find Gosling's to be MUCH stronger.  Not necessarily a bad thing, but the rum helps.  :lol

Offline WindMaster

• DTF.org Alumni
i'll have to try that out. the stronger the better!

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
Maybe some TV show? Probably Seinfeld...

I'll have to challenge that.

I have all of the individual seasons as well as the complete series (unopened).  I also own the Seinfeld "Scene IT" game.  I would estimate that I've watched all of the "Inside Looks", "Yadda, Yadda, Yadda Commentaries" (Jerry's and Larry's only), "Not that there's anything wrong with that..." extras, and mini documentaries.

I'm fairly accurate with the lines from most episodes...
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline theseoafs

• When the lights go down in the city, and the sun shines on the bayyyyy
  • Hello! My name is Elder Price

I have all of the individual seasons as well as the complete series (unopened).  I also own the Seinfeld "Scene IT" game.  I would estimate that I've watched all of the "Inside Looks", "Yadda, Yadda, Yadda Commentaries" (Jerry's and Larry's only), "Not that there's anything wrong with that..." extras, and mini documentaries.

Same here, except I don't have the complete series in addition to the individual seasons.

We may have to have a trivia contest.

Offline WindMaster

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm taking Ginger Beer.

I've only had Barritt's and Gosling's and I find Gosling's to be MUCH stronger.  Not necessarily a bad thing, but the rum helps.  :lol
You should try Reed's. Nice and strong jamaican style with a tiny bit of spice. $4 bucks for a 4 pack at the store. Fucking delicious.

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni

Same here, except I don't have the complete series in addition to the individual seasons.

We may have to have a trivia contest.

I'm up for a contest...

You have to give me odds though... you have to put up $200.
No... $1,000
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
Moops.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline zerogravityfat

• DTF.org Alumni
  • There can be only one.
New Jersey Devils
Killing Armenians/Greeks
DTF.  More reliable than the AP since 2009. -millahh

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
What are you scarred?
Aww... I'm gonna kick your ass!

How ya doing over there?  Not... to... good.